Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

His argument doesn't even make sense, which is common with people that are anti-gay marriage. He's not biased towards gay people, but they can't have the same freedoms as everyone else because they were born differently. That's like saying people born with Down's Syndrome can't be treated the same as ordinary people. And 100 years from now people will look at the anti-gay marriage people the way we look at people that supported slave ownership. They're wrong.

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

lol who cares what a football player cares about issues like this

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    His argument doesn't even make sense, which is common with people that are anti-gay marriage. He's not biased towards gay people, but they can't have the same freedoms as everyone else because they were born differently. That's like saying people born with Down's Syndrome can't be treated the same as ordinary people. And 100 years from now people will look at the anti-gay marriage people the way we look at people that supported slave ownership. They're wrong.
    Oh, so its a fact that gay people are born gay?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Potato View Post
    Considering how the media is making such a big deal about various professional sports players who no one ever heard of coming out of the closet, it is nice to hear some actual players with names giving their opinions on the subject.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

fuk that, im not with that neither

yall f****ts need to do whatever yall f****ts need to do, yall do you, you know what im sayin? but i aint with that neither

TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

Gay marriage is sick, and homosexuality between two hairy, sweaty, stinky males in general is disgusting and revolting..

Does this turn u on, forum homos?

10 reasons why gay marriage is wrong:

1. It Is Not Marriage

Calling something marriage does not make it marriage. Marriage has always been a covenant between a man and a woman which is by its nature ordered toward the procreation and education of children and the unity and wellbeing of the spouses.

The promoters of same-sex “marriage” propose something entirely different. They propose the union between two men or two women. This denies the self-evident biological, physiological, and psychological differences between men and women which find their complementarity in marriage. It also denies the specific primary purpose of marriage: the perpetuation of the human race and the raising of children.

Two entirely different things cannot be considered the same thing.

2. It Violates Natural Law

Marriage is not just any relationship between human beings. It is a relationship rooted in human nature and thus governed by natural law.

Natural law’s most elementary precept is that “good is to be done and pursued, and evil is to be avoided.” By his natural reason, man can perceive what is morally good or bad for him. Thus, he can know the end or purpose of each of his acts and how it is morally wrong to transform the means that help him accomplish an act into the act’s purpose.

Any situation which institutionalizes the circumvention of the purpose of the sexual act violates natural law and the objective norm of morality.

Being rooted in human nature, natural law is universal and immutable. It applies to the entire human race, equally. It commands and forbids consistently, everywhere and always. Saint Paul taught in the Epistle to the Romans that the natural law is inscribed on the heart of every man. (Rom. 2:14-15)
    3. It Always Denies a Child Either a Father or a Mother

It is in the child’s best interests that he be raised under the influence of his natural father and mother. This rule is confirmed by the evident difficulties faced by the many children who are orphans or are raised by a single parent, a relative, or a foster parent.

The unfortunate situation of these children will be the norm for all children of a same-sex “marriage.” A child of a same-sex “marriage” will always be deprived of either his natural mother or father. He will necessarily be raised by one party who has no blood relationship with him. He will always be deprived of either a mother or a father role model.

Same-sex “marriage” ignores a child’s best interests.

4. It Validates and Promotes the Homosexual Lifestyle

In the name of the “family,” same-sex “marriage” serves to validate not only such unions but the whole homosexual lifestyle in all its bisexual and transgender variants.

Civil laws are structuring principles of man's life in society. As such, they play a very important and sometimes decisive role in influencing patterns of thought and behavior. They externally shape the life of society, but also profoundly modify everyone’s perception and evaluation of forms of behavior.

Legal recognition of same-sex “marriage” would necessarily obscure certain basic moral values, devalue traditional marriage, and weaken public morality.

5. It Turns a Moral Wrong into a Civil Right

Homosexual activists argue that same-sex “marriage” is a civil rights issue similar to the struggle for racial equality in the 1960s.

This is false.

First of all, sexual behavior and race are essentially different realities. A man and a woman wanting to marry may be different in their characteristics: one may be black, the other white; one rich, the other poor; or one tall, the other short. None of these differences are insurmountable obstacles to marriage. The two individuals are still man and woman, and thus the requirements of nature are respected.

Same-sex “marriage” opposes nature. Two individuals of the same sex, regardless of their race, wealth, stature, erudition or fame, will never be able to marry because of an insurmountable biological impossibility.

Secondly, inherited and unchangeable racial traits cannot be compared with non-genetic and changeable behavior. There is simply no analogy between the interracial marriage of a man and a woman and the “marriage” between two individuals of the same sex.

6. It Does Not Create a Family but a Naturally Sterile Union

Traditional marriage is usually so fecund that those who would frustrate its end must do violence to nature to prevent the birth of children by using contraception. It naturally tends to create families.

On the contrary, same-sex “marriage” is intrinsically sterile. If the “spouses” want a child, they must circumvent nature by costly and artificial means or employ surrogates. The natural tendency of such a union is not to create families.
    Therefore, we cannot call a same-sex union marriage and give it the benefits of true marriage.
    Last edited by TheRifleman; 05-27-13 at 07:24 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: easyliving, leetreaper, retard, and Seaweed

TheRifleman

7. It Defeats the State’s Purpose of Benefiting Marriage

One of the main reasons why the State bestows numerous benefits on marriage is that by its very nature and design, marriage provides the normal conditions for a stable, affectionate, and moral atmosphere that is beneficial to the upbringing of children—all fruit of the mutual affection of the parents. This aids in perpetuating the nation and strengthening society, an evident interest of the State.

Homosexual “marriage” does not provide such conditions. Its primary purpose, objectively speaking, is the personal gratification of two individuals whose union is sterile by nature. It is not entitled, therefore, to the protection the State extends to true marriage.

8. It Imposes Its Acceptance on All Society

By legalizing same-sex “marriage,” the State becomes its official and active promoter. The State calls on public officials to officiate at the new civil ceremony, orders public schools to teach its acceptability to children, and punishes any state employee who expresses disapproval.

In the private sphere, objecting parents will see their children exposed more than ever to this new “morality,” businesses offering wedding services will be forced to provide them for same-sex unions, and rental property owners will have to agree to accept same-sex couples as tenants.

In every situation where marriage affects society, the State will expect Christians and all people of good will to betray their consciences by condoning, through silence or act, an attack on the natural order and Christian morality.

9. It Is the Cutting Edge of the Sexual Revolution

In the 1960s, society was pressured to accept all kinds of immoral sexual relationships between men and women. Today we are seeing a new sexual revolution where society is being asked to accept sodomy and same-sex “marriage.”

If homosexual “marriage” is universally accepted as the present step in sexual “freedom,” what logical arguments can be used to stop the next steps of incest, pedophilia, bestiality, and other forms of unnatural behavior? Indeed, radical elements of certain “avant garde” subcultures are already advocating such aberrations.

The railroading of same-sex “marriage” on the American people makes increasingly clear what homosexual activist Paul Varnell wrote in the Chicago Free Press:

"The gay movement, whether we acknowledge it or not, is not a civil rights movement, not even a sexual liberation movement, but a moral revolution aimed at changing people's view of homosexuality."

10. It Offends God

This is the most important reason. Whenever one violates the natural moral order established by God, one sins and offends God. Same-sex “marriage” does just this. Accordingly, anyone who professes to love God must be opposed to it.

Marriage is not the creature of any State. Rather, it was established by God in Paradise for our first parents, Adam and Eve. As we read in the Book of Genesis: “God created man in His image; in the Divine image he created him; male and female He created them. God blessed them, saying: ‘Be fertile and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it.’” (Gen. 1:28-29)

The same was taught by Our Savior Jesus Christ: “From the beginning of the creation, God made them male and female. For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother; and shall cleave to his wife.” (Mark 10:6-7).

Genesis also teaches how God punished Sodom and Gomorrah for the sin of homosexuality: “The Lord rained down sulphurous fire upon Sodom and Gomorrah. He overthrew those cities and the whole Plain, together with the inhabitants of the cities and the produce of the soil.” (Gen. 19:24-25)

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32331

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Potato View Post
    Winner
    His thoughts are not relevant
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

so everytime a famous athlete makes a comment about gay marriage it is news now? every person has an opinion and is entitled to it. Sick of hearing about the topic.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

People give two fuks if gay men and women get married

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    so everytime a famous athlete makes a comment about gay marriage it is news now? every person has an opinion and is entitled to it. Sick of hearing about the topic.
    I agree, and although I personally think gay marriage is fine, everyone has their own opinion. Some guys take a more stern stance against it, but again, it's their own opinion and they know the risk $$$ wise by being blunt.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    People give two fuks if gay men and women get married
    Ignorance is gay.

It affects us all.

Jimmy Proffett

Rifleman, besides copy and pasting, can you give your views on why same-sex marriage is wrong... also, why using a term like "forum homos" against homosexuals is ok.

stevenash

Rifleman, besides copy and pasting
    He's not capable of orignal thought, that's why he's a cut and paste king.

Kermit

I only made the thread because quite frankly, I was shocked that someone of Peterson's caliber and fame publicly made the comment.

Jimmy Proffett

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I only made the thread because quite frankly, I was shocked that someone of Peterson's caliber and fame publicly made the comment.
    I understand, and every time a thread is made dealing with this subject a ton of narrow-minded bigots come in and make the thread unreadable. And not one forum moderator does anything to stop it ever. That's why the forums on here are horrible to comb through to find something worthwhile to read. Guess that's how they like it.

stevenash

I understand, and every time a thread is made dealing with this subject a ton of narrow-minded bigots come in and make the thread unreadable. And not one forum moderator does anything to stop it ever. That's why the forums on here are horrible to comb through to find something worthwhile to read. Guess that's how they like it.
    I hear you JP, and agree, but it's the saloon for the love of God, not PT (which has it's own problems)

sourtwist
    not a non pro

I don't believe in gay marriage. That makes me a narrow minded bigot?

Jimmy Proffett

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    I don't believe in gay marriage. That makes me a narrow minded bigot?
    Yes, it does. But I'm not really railing people that express their opinions in a civilized manner. It's the fact that every thread made in this forum dealing with a social issue turns into a gongshow within 10-15 posts. I realize this isn't the McLaughlin Group but ffs the lack of moderation within these forums coupled with the increasing prices is probably turning off many potential SBR pros. And no one seems to care.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Most people seem to be taking his statements against Gay-Marriage, but it sure looks like he in in favor of it. After all he says "He treats them the same" and "To Each his own"; regardless of whether he's "with that" doesn't really matter, no one is suggesting he be involved in a gay marriage.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Yes, it does. But I'm not really railing people that express their opinions in a civilized manner. It's the fact that every thread made in this forum dealing with a social issue turns into a gongshow within 10-15 posts. I realize this isn't the McLaughlin Group but ffs the lack of moderation within these forums coupled with the increasing prices is probably turning off many potential SBR pros. And no one seems to care.
    Ok, so if I'm a bigot because I don't believe in gay marriage, anything I don't go along with must make me a bigot.

Apparently the agenda of our president is strengthening. I must become one of the sheep now, otherwise I forever will be a bigot.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheRifleman

TheRifleman

The left will always try to DEMONIZE anyone that doesn't agree with their diabolical plans to destroy civilization as we have known it....lol....so boring, so predictable....bigot, shmigot.....

GO FUCCK YOURSELVES leftists....GO FUCCK YOURSELVES.
    Last edited by TheRifleman; 05-27-13 at 08:42 PM.

Jimmy Proffett

Ok, so if I'm a bigot because I don't believe in gay marriage, anything I don't go along with must make me a bigot.
    And how does one make this kind of leap in logic? Denying 2 persons the right to marry regardless of sex shouldn't be debatable. The same as not denying two persons of different races to wed. There's a right and a wrong.

Apparently the agenda of our president is strengthening. I must become one of the sheep now, otherwise I forever will be a bigot.
    It's not 'becoming a sheep' to accept same-sex marriage. It's simply accepting what should be lawfully right.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Proffett, I think calling people bigots shouldn't be accepted on the forums. How do you feel about that? Mods should ban you.

Jimmy Proffett

Proffett, I think calling people bigots shouldn't be accepted on the forums. How do you feel about that? Mods should ban you.
    Well, no one's been banned for making homophobic or racist slurs on here in the last year, and there have been way more instances of those than one person calling another 'bigot', so make your case to the mods and see what they say.

But let's not get off topic. Sourtwist, do you think gay people should be able to get together in a union? Not calling it marriage, but given the rights of a married couple?

TheRifleman

Well, no one's been banned for making homophobic or racist slurs on here in the last year, and there have been way more instances of those than one person calling another 'bigot', so make your case to the mods and see what they say.

But let's not get off topic. Sourtwist, do you think gay people should be able to get together in a union? Not calling it marriage, but given the rights of a married couple?
    No, you moron...take your fake leftist bs agenda and stick it

Ok.Listen, I'm all for gay rights.....ok....here we go:

10% off of Vaseline...........Now, GET THE FUCC BACK IN THE CLOSET!!!
    Last edited by TheRifleman; 05-27-13 at 09:00 PM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Everyone probably thinks he's ignorant now.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Everyone probably thinks he's ignorant now.
    Exactly. Personally I do not, because I respect his opinion because he is one of the bigger named Pros out there, but there are going to be people giving him shit for this.

He's probably just sick of hearing about these no-named pro athletes getting attention that isn't necessary.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    No, you moron...take your fake leftist bs agenda and stick it

Ok.Listen, I'm all for gay rights.....ok....here we go:

10% off of Vaseline...........Now, GET THE FUCC BACK IN THE CLOSET!!!

and hey, while we're at it, let's give em a little MORE rights........second week every fukin februwary.....NO TAX on buttplugs! OHHHH! HAP-PY FUK-IN VAL-entines day! OHHHH!

(i wrote that one myself, unlike TheRifleman who can't think on his own)

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I really don't get how people can be anti gay-marriage......makes no sense at all how you can be ANTI. I get not caring, but actually being against it leaves me

Then again, I really don't care enough about the issue to care if people are for or against it

I care about freedom though......Give us gambling, online poker, and sports betting....Give the gays their marriage rights, and let us all smoke a joint at the end of the day legally......USA would be a much better place

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I really don't get how people can be anti gay-marriage......makes no sense at all how you can be ANTI. I get not caring, but actually being against it leaves me

Then again, I really don't care enough about the issue to care if people are for or against it

I care about freedom though......Give us gambling, online poker, and sports betting....Give the gays their marriage rights, and let us all smoke a joint at the end of the day legally......USA would be a much better place

That'a boy. MLD!

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Oh, so its a fact that gay people are born gay?
    You think people choose to be gay? That anyone at anytime can just switch teams?

Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

some issues should just be left out of the locker room. this shouldn't be a big deal in sports, but all of a sudden it is. just because someone wants to be open about it to their team and organization. that, right there, is unprofessional. getting all emotional in the workplace is a no-go as far as i'm concerned. play sports because that's what they're paid to do, keep your love life off the field.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    You think people choose to be gay? That anyone at anytime can just switch teams?
    Antoine Dodson(Bedroom intruder guy) was Gay just last year and then found religion and switched. Check it out, he doesn't even talk the same.

12 Last