Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

Has increasing gas prices and inflation changed your behavior?

If so, how?

Or how have you overcome this if it hasn't.

Kpn
    Kpn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

If you have to drive more than a combined 15-20 minutes and a girl is involved, some type of penis touching is mandatory.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Drive 2k miles a month. Wentt from a v8 SUV to a 4cyl sedan. 12mpg to 26mpg.

That's about it.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Nope, driving more than ever before. It's ridiculous how much gas costs, but I've never given a second thought, drive wherever I need or wherever I want. Driving back to Chicago playing a lot of golf extending the road trip by two days

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Not at all, gas is still cheap compared to most other countries.

Winner_13

what about groceries and other inflation?
    such as milk prices

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post

So fcking true.
    In Germany I had to pay 1.61€ per liter (2.08$!) today.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    Exactly. I only wish I could pay US prices for gas down here.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

I walk almost everywhere I need to go

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    I walk almost everywhere I need to go
    that's a long ass walk to the Del

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Has anyone ever done estimated equations on an electric car for the kilowatt to a gallon of gas? As in... what are you saving? For an example... Chevy Suburban to a Chevy Volt? I'm curious... thanks!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

I drive a 71 cuda with a 426 hemi!

6 miles to a gallon!!

Gear head for life!!

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lmao tranny paulapoker you don't need to lie

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Has anyone ever done estimated equations on an electric car for the kilowatt to a gallon of gas? As in... what are you saving? For an example... Chevy Suburban to a Chevy Volt? I'm curious... thanks!
    Not so easy to say but I'm gonna try and give you an example: The average electric car today needs between 13 and 20 kilowatt-hours of electricity per 100km. So the most economical electric cars need electricity equivalent to 2 liters of gas. I don't know your average price for electricity and gas, so I'm doing the numbers based on the prices in Germany: Let's assume you are driving ~30.000 kilometers a year (I'm driving way more though), then you could save about 1300€ a year (1680$).
    Electric cars have one big problem though. They are great for people that are only driving in a small radius. They are absolutely useless to go on vacation f.e. The amount of money one can save is crazy, but the range isn't... So for me an electronic car is basically useless right now.
    I don't understand why they don't do the following: The batteries should be leased, not owned. So every gas-station should have charged batteries, you should dock on, old batterie gets out, new one in, you pay for the new one and so on.
    But it is useless for me to drive f.e. 150 km and stop then for hours and hours to recharge my batteries.
    But it will come the way I suggested or similar sooner or later. And then, an electric car might very well be an option.
    The batteries right now are just to fcking expensive. They are working on the "Chreos" right now, that should have a so called super-batterie that will be able to reach 1000km range (but only when driving 125 km/h MAX). It is going to have 650 PS and will be able to reach as much as 300km/h.
    The biggest problem really is that the batteries are that fcking expensive AND heavy! For a car that is only able to reach 100km range you have to carry a battery that weighs 150 kg. A kilogramm gas is equivalent to 12.000 watt-hours, Lithium-Ion-Accus reach a maximum of 140(!) watt-hours per kilogramm. And that is - right now - the main problem for the industry. Plus the problem that Lithium-Ion-Accus might very well explode and are prone to heat and cold. But they are working on it, and I'm pretty sure, that they'll eventually find a solution.

hubbard689
    hubbard689's Avatar Become A Pro!

bro what are you writing a newspaper article or something?! friggin interview all up in hurrr

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Thanks ziz for your input. Let me give you a further example...

From my electric bill... 1 kilowatt = 0.121861 (Around $0.12)

Let's base everything on city driving. Very short distances. The max round trip is 20 miles a day.

Would an electric car be better? And what would I actually be saving?

One guy told me that based upon how I drive now was a V8 engine... at $3.75 a gallon. He claims when he factored in the amount for 1 true kilowatt and based upon current 1 gallon of gas pricing... he said with an electric car I would be around $0.93 for a gallon of gas (Basically he meant.... that's what it would cost me .... if electric was a gallon of gas. Get it?) I hope you do. I still have no idea how the hell he figured this out or is he even close with his math?

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Thanks ziz for your input. Let me give you a further example...

From my electric bill... 1 kilowatt = 0.121861 (Around $0.12)

Let's base everything on city driving. Very short distances. The max round trip is 20 miles a day.

Would an electric car be better? And what would I actually be saving?

One guy told me that based upon how I drive now was a V8 engine... at $3.75 a gallon. He claims when he factored in the amount for 1 true kilowatt and based upon current 1 gallon of gas pricing... he said with an electric car I would be around $0.93 for a gallon of gas (Basically he meant.... that's what it would cost me .... if electric was a gallon of gas. Get it?) I hope you do. I still have no idea how the hell he figured this out or is he even close with his math?
    Assuming your V8 needs about 12 liters in the city per 100km and assuming you get an electric car that needs about 15 kw/h per 100km you could save ~9.89$ per 100km and assuming you are driving 20km per day every day of the year you would save ~715$ per year.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

I take the commuter rail to work.
    7 dollars round trip, versus 3 gallons of gas, and wear and tear etc.etc.etc.
    No brainer

chilidog

When I went to the UK for a wedding, we took the train to various places. I really liked how the train how a car that sold beer - that made those 1 hour journeys rather pleasurable.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    No brainer

Winner_13

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    No brainer
    nice, those savings add up.

seems like yr working hard

Winner_13

re up