zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Funny you have these Islamists killing.... yet... has anyone ever killed in the name of Jesus Christ?
    Anyone ever? Are you kidding? 300.000 burned "witches" and the crusades should count I guess. (But yes, that's long time ago. But Islam is the by far younger religion...)
    Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post

Anders Behring Breivik
    Not so sure about him. He sure is using the words 'crusade' etc, but he has never mentioned anything bible-related, nor did he ever say he did this for god or in the name of Jesus or whatever. I would classify him as guy with christian-fundamentalistic views and values but without being a believer himself. He was more anti-Islam than pro-Jesus.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Deut. 25:11
    When two men are fighting and the wife of one of them intervenes to drag her husband clear of his opponent, if she puts out her hand and catches hold of the man by his privates, you must cut off her hand and show her no mercy.

Genesis 19:8
    “Look, I have two daughters, virgins both of them. Let me bring them out to you and you could do what you like with them. But do nothing to these men because they have come under the shelter of my roof.”

Deut. 23:1
    No man whose testicles have been crushed or whose organ has been cut off may become a member of the Assembly of God.

Yeah, the bible is a book of pure beauty
    Do you even understand what you've been quoting professor? Or better yet, have you ever read the Bible?

Verse 1. - Mutilation was performed by the two methods here specified - crushing and excision. The exclusion of persons who had suffered this from the congregation, i.e. from the covenant fellowship of Israel, the πολιτεα το Ισραλ (Ephesians 2:12), was due to the priestly character of the nation. Israel was a kingdom of priests (Exodus 19:6), and the admission into it of one in whom the nature of man, as made by God, had been degraded and marred, would have been unfitting; just as all bodily blemish unfitted a man for being a priest, though otherwise qualified (Leviticus 21:16-24). This law, however, was one of the ordinances intended for the period of nonage; it had reference to the outward typical aspect of the Israelitish constitution; and it ceased to have any significance when the spiritual kingdom of God came to be established. Even under the theocracy, eunuchs were not excluded from religious privileges; they could keep God's Sabbaths, and take hold of his covenant, and choose the things pleasing to him, and so be part of the spiritual Israel, though shut out from the fellowship of that which was outward and national (cf. Isaiah 56:4).

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    Do you even understand what you've been quoting professor? Or better yet, have you ever read the Bible?

Verse 1. - Mutilation was performed by the two methods here specified - crushing and excision. The exclusion of persons who had suffered this from the congregation, i.e. from the covenant fellowship of Israel, the πολιτεα το Ισραλ (Ephesians 2:12), was due to the priestly character of the nation. Israel was a kingdom of priests (Exodus 19:6), and the admission into it of one in whom the nature of man, as made by God, had been degraded and marred, would have been unfitting; just as all bodily blemish unfitted a man for being a priest, though otherwise qualified (Leviticus 21:16-24). This law, however, was one of the ordinances intended for the period of nonage; it had reference to the outward typical aspect of the Israelitish constitution; and it ceased to have any significance when the spiritual kingdom of God came to be established. Even under the theocracy, eunuchs were not excluded from religious privileges; they could keep God's Sabbaths, and take hold of his covenant, and choose the things pleasing to him, and so be part of the spiritual Israel, though shut out from the fellowship of that which was outward and national (cf. Isaiah 56:4).
    Own and read the bible as well as the Qur'an (something you obv didn't) and both are full of shit.
    You quoted 3 out of 7 quotes from me and had to say something to one of them. Well done
    Judaism strictly forbids castration, even for animals. Even more, according to the laws of Moses, an Eunuch isn't even allowed to be a Jew, not even if he converted. He is not allowed to attend the divine service and may only step foot in the outer circle of the temple. In the AT Jesaja didn't like this too much and said they could and in the NT Jesus did neither, so abrakadabra, they are allowed now Damn, had they just agreed to one story....
    So I guess your beloved bible and the word of god is a thing that can be changed whenever someone decides to do so? You fundamentalists have so many problems justifying your thoughts, it's embarrassing. What is it now? Every word in the bible is true and it is gods word and everything happened just the way it was written down? Earth was created and the sinflood happened with all animals in Noahs Arch? Or do you like to take what ever fits into your small world and beliefs and forget about everything thats complete and utter bullshit. What exactly is it now? If it's answer Nr.1: If it's answer Nr.2: Don't ever quote anything that's written in the bible because it might be the same bullshit that you chose to not believe.
    The bible is a nice medley of stories (some quite fine and with moral sense and some that are dumber than Goofy) from different times and different authors written out of various political reasons, translated so often back and forth (and often wronger than wrong), that some of their texts have totally changed from what they originally were. Yet some nutjobs say it's gods word and it has to be taken serious and with respect. The stupidity behind this is amazing and I love it. It's better than fcking cinema.
    Last edited by zizoudane10; 05-25-13 at 12:34 AM.

First 123