itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Seriously.. Some people are able to get a certified check for $50-$100k, walk in to the dealer and buy the car on the spot, usually get a decent discount too. Do people think EVERYONE who drives these goes into debt to buy them?
    Exactly, I just do my research on Edmunds and a few sites....go to the dealer/manufacturer's sites for rebate schedules and match them up against year end inventory or any of the other criteria. If you know what you want a few months in advance just do your shopping and get the money in at the best time. No way I'd ever finance a $35k and up auto loan that's just ridiculous. It's the people who do who can never get out from under it and put away enough along the way to just pay it off lien free.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Lexus and Acura

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Kermit gets it

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by pouyasophy View Post
    l says the guy who lives in the saloon and posts 300 times a day and tries to bring down those of us who are consistent winners and moneymakers...have fun with ur 12 betpoints and the fake money you think you have...broke dikk fukk who works 8 hrs a day and is always angry..what a life
    Not to point out the obvious, but I made about 20 posts in the last week.

So there goes that theory of yours.

Tell the board again about your 'guvmint assistance that you're on.

No, better yet. Go back to the days when you were trying to heal the board with your medical advice.

No. Wait. Tell everyone again how you managed to eliminate debt because your name was capitalized....

Even though there isn't a single documented case in the united states of that actually happening.

You really are too stupid to insult.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

This must be a rare rare case in which the guy cleaned his interior and took really good care of it ....the interior leather of a BMW is the cheapest POS leather you'll ever see in a car...they deteriorate within a year...it's just a status symbol and there are many cars that run better and last longer.
    I have to disagree with you. I've never seen the leather deteriorate or even come close to what you are describing and I have worked on a multitude of BMW's and I live where the weather sucks ass, so the toll is taken on the cars here more here than anywhere.

The only things that I have replaced on BMW's were a driver's side power window motor/regulator in a Mini Cooper S and and the left headlight telescopic washer jet on a 325i.

The cars are solid. And every Nut and Bolt is precise.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    Just keep your Honda out of the left lane.

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Hummer is more of a douche bag car than a BMW
    This is fact.

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Did you just say Acura is better??

G37's are quite nice as well, I'm amazed BMW hasn't seen their stranglehold on the luxury sedan market slip, lots of these cars are damn close if not as good now.
    I found the G37x to be complete garbage. So many mechanical issues it's ridiculous. It also is incredibly small in the backseat (sedan), and lacks so many features. I'd never recommend one.

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    I don't get why people would get a huge car note and go into debt just to drive a car to impress people at a streetlight they have never met. What good is owning an expensive car if you are in debt to pay it off and one unexpected expense would sink you financially? I'd rather drive a beater and be financially stable and secure than be in debt up to my eyeballs to live a lifestyle above my means.
    The two aren't mutually exclusive, clown.

God bless.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    My wife wants to get a Beemer, she must be a douche bag... lol. I want something with a V6, and was thinking about getting a Mustang.
    Don't be the douche in a V6 Mustang. GT or better.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    I don't get why people would get a huge car note and go into debt just to drive a car to impress people at a streetlight they have never met. What good is owning an expensive car if you are in debt to pay it off and one unexpected expense would sink you financially? I'd rather drive a beater and be financially stable and secure than be in debt up to my eyeballs to live a lifestyle above my means.
    Financing. Not everyone needs it.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can someone explain why BMWs attract douche bags?

They're always cutting someone off on the road, speeding, tailgating (riding someone's a$$).

Look, I understand that you spent your whole life saving up til the age of 50 so you could get your mid-life crisis car, but it doesn't mean that you are better than anyone else because of your overpriced, overrated vehicle that was cool in the early 90s.

Audis, Lexus, and Acuras are better anyway.
    Let me guess you never drove one???

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Don't be the douche in a V6 Mustang. GT or better.
    Agree. If you're going to do it, do it right.

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Have 2 family members driving beemers, one makes under 60k a year. Seem to have similar encounters with aholes in beemers cutting you off, not letting you in. Great cars though, handle like a dream. Still a waste to buy a car built for racing and never take it to the track.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I have to disagree with you. I've never seen the leather deteriorate or even come close to what you are describing and I have worked on a multitude of BMW's and I live where the weather sucks ass, so the toll is taken on the cars here more here than anywhere.

The only things that I have replaced on BMW's were a driver's side power window motor/regulator in a Mini Cooper S and and the left headlight telescopic washer jet on a 325i.

The cars are solid. And every Nut and Bolt is precise.
    I wouldnt put MINI in the same bracket as BMW even though they own them.
    I had a 03 MINI when the new ones first came out, awful car. Fun to drive but no quality whatsoever. Major problems with the steering.
    Luckily it held its value well till 05 when i got a z3m coupe, longest i ever kept a car for.

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Not to point out the obvious, but I made about 20 posts in the last week.

So there goes that theory of yours.

Tell the board again about your 'guvmint assistance that you're on.

No, better yet. Go back to the days when you were trying to heal the board with your medical advice.

No. Wait. Tell everyone again how you managed to eliminate debt because your name was capitalized....

Even though there isn't a single documented case in the united states of that actually happening.

You really are too stupid to insult.

and keep telling lies as you live in your little world of negativity and spend your "social life" time in the saloon

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    Let me guess you never drove one???

driven em all...these vehicles are overpriced

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post

This is fact.

I found the G37x to be complete garbage. So many mechanical issues it's ridiculous. It also is incredibly small in the backseat (sedan), and lacks so many features. I'd never recommend one.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, clown.

God bless.
    no one drives hummers anymore so your point is irrelevant, acuras and audis are about as expensive (high end ones) values....way better values, and those cars actually look good ON THE INSIDE, not to all the douche bags who are on the outside. They also don't fall apart on the interior like a BMW.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

and keep telling lies as you live in your little world of negativity and spend your "social life" time in the saloon
    C'mon Pouy. What happened to the debt elimination business?

How's that going?

Any medical advice for the board?

No negativity from me Pouy. In fact, you have my pity. After all, you are on government assistance. That has to be a kick in the nuts for any man. To beg like a dog for food stamps, cash assistance so you can live.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: itchypickle

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I just want a car that doesn't fall apart. BMW Mercedes.... something that lasts long... and hardly any repairs

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Moneyshot please change your avatar. Thank you

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Lexus and Acura
    I don't hate BMW, they make great cars like the M3 but are you seriously laughing at lexus? You know that lexus makes supercars now right?

Cntpuncher
    Cntpuncher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 610

Seriously.. Some people are able to get a certified check for $50-$100k, walk in to the dealer and buy the car on the spot, usually get a decent discount too. Do people think EVERYONE who drives these goes into debt to buy them?

money talks bull$hit walks.

i call the shots and get it for cheaper with better buying power.

soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

My two cents:

Bmw owner. Best car I've ever owned/driven. I bought used and if you've got the balls to service your own car you'll love it even more.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by SteelRain View Post
    I don't hate BMW, they make great cars like the M3 but are you seriously laughing at lexus? You know that lexus makes supercars now right?

The Lexus LFA is one of the nicest cars ever produced, but unfortunately costs nearly $400,000. If I could ever own a true supercar, that would be the one.

tropolis
    tropolis's Avatar Become A Pro!

bmw you pay for the hood ornament. i can get a comparable g37 with a better interior for 20,000 less.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
    bmw you pay for the hood ornament. i can get a comparable g37 with a better interior for 20,000 less.
    Those Infinity's are nice too, you can get a loaded G37 coupe for around 45 grand.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Little bit of an exaggeration there... 10 MAYBE 15 but no way a comparably equipped for 20k less.

tropolis
    tropolis's Avatar Become A Pro!

and then you can buy a fully loaded hyundai genesis for 15 less then the g37, which is 30 less then the bmw, which has actually proven to be more reliable then both of them if you believe what car and driver says.

people want the status though, so they will pay for the bmw ornament.

pouyasophy

and then you can buy a fully loaded hyundai genesis for 15 less then the g37, which is 30 less then the bmw, which has actually proven to be more reliable then both of them if you believe what car and driver says.

finally someone who addressed the original question

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    C'mon Pouy. What happened to the debt elimination business?

How's that going?

Any medical advice for the board?

No negativity from me Pouy. In fact, you have my pity. After all, you are on government assistance. That has to be a kick in the nuts for any man. To beg like a dog for food stamps, cash assistance so you can live.
    You'd be surprised. Good luck to you.

pouyasophy

Little bit of an exaggeration there... 10 MAYBE 15 but no way a comparably equipped for 20k less.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Well, I drove a Genesis Coupé 3.8 V6 in 2011 because my uncle is a car dealer for BMW and Renault with 7 dealings all around Germany and he had one standing there as a used car just to give it a fair try. Drove it for a week:
    It is NOT a well based sportscar. The chassis is pure and utter garbage, it doesn't handle sudden load changes well, every ground wave is a massive problem. There is only one mode for it, you can't change it. The steering is bad, too.
    Sound is nice though, no problem with that. The rear-wheel drive was working well and was fun. The interior was.... well, it fits the price, so it was okay. Was drinking gasoline like an idiot though... Not comparable to a BMW.
    At the very best, when I have a good day and am willing to be nice here, it is the dumber little brother of the Dodge Challenger. Even the cheapest BMW is a far better and well based car. Sorry, but it is what it is. And I'm not saying that it is a totally bad car. If you want a mediocre sportscar with a nice engine, go ahead and buy it for 35000, that's okay. You just can't compare a BMW to a Hyundai, no way. You can't compare apples and pears. Both are fruit, but that's it.

I'm not saying a BMW isn't expensive or maybe even overprized. It is very very true, that you have to pay extra for extra. And every extra in a BMW is fcking expensive. But the cars are great. Simple and easy. I know them all, BMW, Mercedes, Audi. BMW has by fair the best engines and the best handling. The interior is the best, too. Mercedes isn't what it used to be, they are behind now. Audi is getting much better with their interior, I admit that. They are good cars of course, I don't like the look though, it's a bit lame and odd. Ok for a grandfather but not for me.

@SteelRain: I'm not laughing about a Lexus. They are ok cars now. But not comparable nonetheless.
    The Lexus LFA is a good car, no question. But Kermit mentioned it: the price. You can't compare a 60.000-120.000€ car with that one. And just as a side note: I would still choose the M5 and M6, maybe even a tuned M3 over this one.
    Last edited by zizoudane10; 05-20-13 at 07:46 PM.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

no one drives hummers anymore so your point is irrelevant, acuras and audis are about as expensive (high end ones) values....way better values, and those cars actually look good ON THE INSIDE, not to all the douche bags who are on the outside. They also don't fall apart on the interior like a BMW.
    I like audis but acura has never made a sedan that can compare with a 3 series and definitely not the M3.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    I like audis but acura has never made a sedan that can compare with a 3 series and definitely not the M3.
    Just because it goes faster doesn't mean the overall quality of the car is better, or that it will last longer. However, the point of this thread is that BMW drivers have the entitlement mentality. I really don't have anything against the car except that they are somewhat overrated and they fall apart on the inside. The drivers ride people's a$$ (at least here in sunny so-cal), cut people off, and deserve a good punch in the face.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just because it goes faster doesn't mean the overall quality of the car
    is better, or that it will last longer. However, the point of this thread is that BMW drivers have the entitlement mentality. I really don't have anything against the car except that they are somewhat overrated and they fall apart on the inside. The drivers ride people's a$$ (at least here in sunny so-cal), cut people off, and deserve a good punch in the face.
    BMW is not overpriced. If you driven one, then you should know this. It also doesn't break apart on the interior, the problems are usually minor electrical issues. If you driven a Beemer u know it handles beautifully that's why people cut off others and speed, the car is just that smooth.

Just like if you bought a 'ghini or'rari, you wouldn't drive the speed limit.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

op's sample size = his friend's mom's x5 that he carpools to and from middle school in
    Nomination(s):

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    op's sample size = his friend's mom's x5 that he carpools to and from middle school in
    Like he has friends

First 1234 Last