PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

drone arrests are coming to the United States, and a prominent group of defense

lawyers wants their clients to be prepared.

Lawyers launch drone arrest database

More drone arrests are coming to the United States, and a prominent group of defense lawyers wants their clients to be prepared.

The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers has set up a database of information to help lawyers defend clients who are arrested with the help of domestic drones, citing the lack of clear laws governing the use of unmanned aircraft.

The information center will include state-by-state laws, court decisions relating to domestic drones and aerial surveillance and general updates about drone use in the United States.

"We're concerned there aren't adequate safeguards [against drone use by law enforcement]," says Norman Reimer, executive director of the group. "At the moment, law enforcement is basically going to be making up the rules as they go along, and that's very troubling from a constitutional perspective."

So far, only one American citizen, North Dakota resident Rodney Brossart, has been arrested with the help of a drone. But Reimer says it's only a matter of time until defense lawyers are forced to hash out the legalities in court. He says the database is designed to help lawyers through the process, and that it is "inevitable" that more people will be arrested with the help of a drone.

"Until we get to a place where we have legislation, lawyers will have to be creative and aggressive in making sure courts are protecting their client's rights," Reimer says. "You can't put technology back in the box. Drones are going to be there and there will be valid, legitimate uses for them. But without any framework, any technological tool is subject to abuse by law enforcement." U.S. News

FACTS & FIGURES

In a major step toward opening U.S. skies to thousands of unmanned drones, federal officials in February solicited proposals to create six drone test sites around the country. AP

The Federal Aviation Administration anticipates there will be at least 10,000 of drones in U.S. airspace by 2020.

According to the Department of Homeland Security’s website, the U.S. government has already been using drones domestically for several years, but remains mostly mum on their missions. RT

Documents obtained by the ACLU have revealed that the U.S. Marshals Service has experimented with using drones for domestic surveillance. Infowars

Privacy advocates worry that a proliferation of drones will lead to a "surveillance society" in which the movements of Americans are routinely monitored, tracked, recorded and scrutinized by the authorities. AP

The prospect of armed drones patrolling U.S. skies has alarmed some lawmakers and their constituents. More than a dozen bills have been introduced in Congress and state legislatures to curb drone use and protect privacy. AP

ISH/HJ

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Who cares? If I am not trying to blow up our country, the government won't bother me, so what?

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Who cares? If I am not trying to blow up our country, the government won't bother me, so what?
    You'll see when one mows your ass down..

Oops it was an accident!

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Law abiding citizens that go about their normal lives do not worry about this shit.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Law abiding citizens that go about their normal lives do not worry about this shit.
    You were just caught red handed, masturbating, for Christs sake!

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    You were just caught red handed, masturbating, for Christs sake!
    And that is against the law? And it's green handed.