frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

BREAKING: Backdoor gun registry "aka BACKGROUND CHECKS" gun control bill DEFEATED!!

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/1...l-vote-a-rama/

US Senate defeats Toomey-Manchin gun control bill

Maybe there is hope after all, after this was defeated. The goal was to make universal background checks, which was a defacto backdoor gun registry that would eventually lead to confiscation. But it was defeated.

Obama is about to speak about this, he will probably be mad that after exploiting the Newtown victims for all they were worth and using them as pawns, it was for nothing.

Will be interesting if we see another mass shooting within the near future, if so it will probably be a false flag operation to try and reboot the effort to ram this bill and more down our throats. The powers that be who want totalitarian control will stop at nothing to get anti-gun laws through and steal more of our liberty.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Somebody ban this loser.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I don't see how background checks correlate to them wanting to take guns away. If you're responsible enough to own a gun you will have no problem. If you're not, you have no reason or right to own a gun

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I don't see how background checks correlate to them wanting to take guns away. If you're responsible enough to own a gun you will have no problem. If you're not, you have no reason or right to own a gun
    Universal background checks = background check for ANY transfer of a gun. Who runs these background checks? Government entities. That way they can check to see if any citizen has had a background check run on them for a gun purpose, and what gun was purchased. Hence, a defacto backdoor registry. This way the government can know who has what guns, when they bought them, who they bought them from, etc. so whenever they can find a reason to confiscate the gun, they will.

Obviously this doesn't apply to guns that have already been purchased before the background check bill, but there will be a registry bill brought up some day. New York has already done it.

Besides, there already are background checks for the most part. This was essentially a "feel good pat on the back" bill designed to make it look like our politicians were doing something and get good PR.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

i dont give a fuk what they pass or dont pass they are NOT going to take away my guns

let them try and see what happens................

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Not enough pork thrown in to get the votes necessary?

Or was the pork offered less than what the gun lobbyists were offering for No votes?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I stand armed and ready.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

I'm not in favor of taking away guns but how ridiculous that there are no background checks. Despicable that this didnt pass.

birdmanweezy
    $$$ Fly In Any Weather $$$
    birdmanweezy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1849

i hope you dumb americans keep killing each other with the guns

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

The Illuminati want us to have guns. Fukkin sheep

TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

I'm packin like a mofo....come get some, lefty.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by birdmanweezy View Post
    i hope you dumb americans keep killing each other with the guns
    Canadian?

Living the American dream with none of the violence.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    i dont give a fuk what they pass or dont pass they are NOT going to take away my guns

let them try and see what happens................
    can you own guns in costa rica?

TheRifleman

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Canadian?

Living the American dream with none of the violence.
    It's not even close to being true.....Canaduh has a HIGHER CRIME RATE THAN AMERICA. This is a fact.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gun rights are great for Population control, that's elementary my dear..........

Wilfred

Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    It's not even close to being true.....Canaduh has a HIGHER CRIME RATE THAN AMERICA. This is a fact.
    Uh I guess. Not when it comes to violent crimes though.

TheRifleman

Gun control = higher crime rate!! FACT!!

Canaduh's crime rate 50% higher than USA!!!

Press reports that Canada is a Shangri-la – an America with free health care and less crime – may be short sighted.

In fact, statistics show that the violent crime rate there is double that of the United States

He also cites the most recent complete data available from both countries that shows that in 2003, the violent crime rate in the United States was 475 per 100,000 people; while up north, there were 963 violent crimes per 100,000 people. The figure for sexual assault in Canada per 100,000 people was more than double that of the United States: 74 as opposed to 32.1; and the assault rate in Canada was also more than twice that of the states: 746 to America's 295 for the people.

Moreover, he cites research that showed the figure for sexual assault in Canada per 100,000 people was more than double that of the United States: 74 as opposed to 32.1; and the assault rate in Canada was more than twice that of the United States: 746 to America’s 295. Also, in 2005, Toronto had 78 murders; that’s a 28 percent increase in homicides since 1995.

ChalkyDog

I was referring to the war mongering and the human cost we constantly point to, to being so fundamental to the American experience. Didn't even consider the crime rate. More so on the fact that they live the House with a 2 car garage and two kid dream that many associate with the American Dream - yet, they have none of the human cost for "maintaining" said standards of living.

On topic, Obama laying it on thick over this bill.

Wilfred

Press reports that Canada is a Shangri-la – an America with free health care and less crime – may be short sighted.

In fact, statistics show that the violent crime rate there is double that of the United States

He also cites the most recent complete data available from both countries that shows that in 2003, the violent crime rate in the United States was 475 per 100,000 people; while up north, there were 963 violent crimes per 100,000 people. The figure for sexual assault in Canada per 100,000 people was more than double that of the United States: 74 as opposed to 32.1; and the assault rate in Canada was also more than twice that of the states: 746 to America's 295 for the people.

Moreover, he cites research that showed the figure for sexual assault in Canada per 100,000 people was more than double that of the United States: 74 as opposed to 32.1; and the assault rate in Canada was more than twice that of the United States: 746 to America’s 295. Also, in 2005, Toronto had 78 murders; that’s a 28 percent increase in homicides since 1995.
    What is wrong with you?

ChalkyDog

Do you understand the differences of criminal code? Violent crimes are only 4 specific crimes here in America, while Violent crimes in a lot of old British countries is simply considered a "crime against a person". As a result, of course the numbers of other countries "violent crimes " report are much higher than the very narrow definition of a Violent Crime in America.

Stop spouting terrible statistics. You only hurt the cause.

Wilfred

What is a good reason for not having background checks?

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Population control

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Rolling out these Connecticut parents is getting old...especially when they keep saying this is in their name and honor.

NOTHING proposed in these bills recently would have prevented the Sandy Hook murders...so stop with all of the attempted guilt tripping people.

The kid was an asshole who shot his mother in the face, stole the keys to her gunsafe, removed her legally purchased weapons and no background check on him would have stopped the shooting nor a ban on automatic weapons since these were one pull one shot weapons.

THAT is the reality.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChalkyDog

ChalkyDog

It makes a gigantic federal registry. In my opinion, one of the necessary fabrics of maintaining 2nd Amendment rights is state control over this issue.

This is a systematic attempt to insert federal dominance on this issue. Once this thing becomes completely controlled within the comfortable confines of the beltway, it will erode completely.

Wilfred

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Rolling out these Connecticut parents is getting old...especially when they keep saying this is in their name and honor.

NOTHING proposed in these bills recently would have prevented the Sandy Hook murders...so stop with all of the attempted guilt tripping people.

The kid was an asshole who shot his mother in the face, stole the keys to her gunsafe, removed her legally purchased weapons and no background check on him would have stopped the shooting nor a ban on automatic weapons since these were one pull one shot weapons.

THAT is the reality.
    Still, what is wrong with a background check? I think it's common sense there should be one.

Wilfred

It makes a gigantic federal registry. In my opinion, one of the necessary fabrics of maintaining 2nd Amendment rights is state control over this issue.

This is a systematic attempt to insert federal dominance on this issue. Once this thing becomes completely controlled within the comfortable confines of the beltway, it will erode completely.
    I'm not a fun guy in the least, but my feelings are you guys can keep them, but lets make sure not any guy with a bad past can go into a shop and get one.

ChalkyDog

Still, what is wrong with a background check? I think it's common sense there should be one.
    There are background checks, they are trying to expand them.

You can't go into a Wal-mart, even in gun-friendly Arizona, and get a gun without both a background check and 3 day cool-down period.

This Bill, from just my brief glancing, is to try and put a federal mandate on policing the background check, and also setting up a federal registry, which is simply them trying to muscle in on what is now a very strong state right.

PAULYPOKER

Yes there should be and it is common sense.........

Do you believe the government is too ignorant to know this?NO!!

So what would be the agenda other than promoting psychotic lunatics,gang members,crimes of passion,to help with planned population control?

Many so called important world leaders, agree that the population must decrease by at least 50% to sustain life on earth NOW, through every source imaginable .........

This is not rocket science..............

Wilfred

There are background checks, they are trying to expand them.

You can't go into a Wal-mart, even in gun-friendly Arizona, and get a gun without both a background check and 3 day cool-down period.

This Bill, from just my brief glancing, is to try and put a federal mandate on policing the background check, and also setting up a federal registry, which is simply them trying to muscle in on what is now a very strong state right.
    I'm no expert on the bill, but I know it would have made it so there are checks at gun shows and online sales.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

I haven't read up on what the universal background check entails, but when I lived in Texas and bought a gun, the dealer called in and ran my info. I was told that it's both a state and federal check (similar to what is done when a police officer pulls you over and runs your information through the system to check for warrants).

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

I have no problem with the background check. I've done them to purchase several weapons myself. The problem is the implementation of them on private sales/gun shows and family transactions etc. TOO many issues arise from this that offset the good intentions.

And my original post on the matter was less about background checks and more about the politicalization of these families to try and win sympathy for a bigger cause not related to their kids being murdered. Saying if we don't support more laws then we don't care about kids and that these laws would have saved kids. That is just ridiculous.

Criminals are criminals for a reason they do not obey laws. Thousands die in the streets with stolen guns constantly...why should I have to pay extra money for another fee/tax on a weapon as well as be charged $25 or $50 or whatever it will cost for me to run a background check on my neighbor before I sell him my hunting rifle? When some asshole will break into my house for free and take those weapons and then go get cracked up and shoot up a street corner to 'rep his street'. Makes no sense to punish wrong people.

ChalkyDog

I'm no expert on the bill, but I know it would have made it so there are checks at gun shows and online sales.
    That is a different matter. Online everything is about to change, especially in regards to sales, and they can easily regulate that with interstate commerce.

At gun shows is a whole other matter. A few years back I went to a gun show, bought 2 Romanian AK 47's for $375 each. Both were in pristine condition, both came with 2 banana clips. I bought them off the back of a guy simply walking around the show selling them. The transaction was no different than if I wanted cotton candy from a mobile vendor.

Me: "How much?"
    Him: "$400 for the gun and 2 clips"
    Me: "Will you do $750 for 2"
    Him: "Deal"

Handed the money over, he gave me the weapons, and I walked out of there with 2 Assault rifles, 4 30 round magazines, and 1000 shit rounds for under $1000, not a single person knew my name.

So, while yes, you can possibly regulate that at a gun show - there is no way you can enforce that in private sales without an insane overhaul of the system, and more importantly help from state governments.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

That is a different matter. Online everything is about to change, especially in regards to sales, and they can easily regulate that with interstate commerce.

At gun shows is a whole other matter. A few years back I went to a gun show, bought 2 Romanian AK 47's for $375 each. Both were in pristine condition, both came with 2 banana clips. I bought them off the back of a guy simply walking around the show selling them. The transaction was no different than if I wanted cotton candy from a mobile vendor.

Me: "How much?"
    Him: "$400 for the gun and 2 clips"
    Me: "Will you do $750 for 2"
    Him: "Deal"

Handed the money over, he gave me the weapons, and I walked out of there with 2 Assault rifles, 4 30 round magazines, and 1000 shit rounds for under $1000, not a single person knew my name.

So, while yes, you can possibly regulate that at a gun show - there is no way you can enforce that in private sales without an insane overhaul of the system, and more importantly help from state governments.
    Exactly. I've bought and sold at shows as well as once online, which is a lost cause really after you pay the fees and other stuff that goes with the agent involved and so forth....no value in it unless you're a collector not a hunter/target shooter.

I think the unintended consequence of a universal background check will end up screwing over a lot of innocent people since I'm sure with all the political heat behind it they'll make a mandatory sentence in jail for a violation and will end up backfiring. I say this because realistically the majority of gun owners are not 'wild west cowboys' or 'fringe militia men with machine guns' but instead list in states like Texas, Alabama, Ohio, Washington State...where hunting is a big part of life. If a father passes down a hunting rifle or a brother gives a nice .45 to his little brother for a birthday or whatever....it'll be a federal offense.

It's dangerous to have the Feinstein's and Schumers of the world writing language and the D.C. pundit class commenting on how and what should take place with guns in general since they all have no working knowledge of the subject as it is in daily life...it's not walking around with an M4 on a sling or carrying 30 round clips in the car as they portray it and try to legislate against.

PAULYPOKER

I can get any weapon I want from any hood in the US.......

They are much cheaper and have a much better selection...........

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

For those opposed to background checks would you trade background checks for voter ID laws?

12 Last