Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    I thought it was not a single " luxury"
    Not on Beavis' Island. 2:50

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

I wonder if this kid will say his brother forced him and he didn't know what was going to happen and was just going along.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by aceking View Post
    only in USA can teenagers buy guns .
    you mean an 18 or 19 year old? You are shocked that a legal adult can buy a gun? God this world is full of pussies...100 years ago 18yr olds had there own family...

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    you mean an 18 or 19 year old? You are shocked that a legal adult can buy a gun? God this world is full of pussies...100 years ago 18yr olds had there own family...
    Can't drink

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Can't drink
    thats messed up too...luckily my family didnt buy into the pussification of society so I was allowed to enjoy alcohol when I turned 18(and a little before), just like they did...50 years from now you will have to be 25 to get a drivers license lol

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

A friend who works at Channel 9 here in Australia told me at brunch that they used this thread and Reddit to keep up to date with what was going on because we're high up on the Google cache. He also said that the ABC (govt owned like PBS in the US but more news-y) used this thread too because they didn't have enough staff around to aggregate all the info as quickly as you guys did. Apparently everyone was having a lot of laughs at our somewhat "colourful" language. Great job again you guys!
    Points Awarded:

tony_come gave shari91 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10, The Kraken, and onlooker

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Shari, 4000 post here should get at lest 50 sbr shekels or something.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    A friend who works at Channel 9 here in Australia told me at brunch that they used this thread and Reddit to keep up to date with what was going on because we're high up on the Google cache. He also said that the ABC (govt owned like PBS in the US but more news-y) used this thread too because they didn't have enough staff around to aggregate all the info as quickly as you guys did. Apparently everyone was having a lot of laughs at our somewhat "colourful" language. Great job again you guys!
    More affirmation that the media is a bunch of f-ing clowns. They can't even do their jobs. They let a bunch of goofs like us do it.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    no kidding right?!

Will see if I can get a badge made at least for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post

More affirmation that the media is a bunch of f-ing clowns. They can't even do their jobs. They let a bunch of goofs like us do it.
    I'm giving them a break because of the time of day it was here. But yeah, I seriously trust guys here, at Reddit, on Twitter, etc to at least find more info than what I'll ever get on MSM again. I said it very early on Friday and it just got proven over and over. This thread was seriously crazy for breaking news and finding info way before it reached tv. Just Pauly's stuff alone where he was reposting some news site's stuff and it'd been posted in here hours before. Will never look at MSM the same way.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    Except for the people that were posting nothing but Gobbledygook.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

zero chance

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Shari how can I dontate my points to One Fund Boston?
    http://onefundboston.org/

Shari make it happen

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

zero chance
    You're not getting anything because you contributed nothing. But those who did will be getting a year long badge. Best I can do since I don't have access to freeplays. Bloody cokroach.

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

Msm

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

You're not getting anything because you contributed nothing. But those who did will be getting a year long badge. Best I can do since I don't have access to freeplays. Bloody cokroach.
    What will this badge look like? I want it to be manly. Not some petty little mic. I want the posters to see it and know in flexing my rooster.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

woe is me

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by rcene View Post
    Msm
    I know. So scary actually. When I was living in Europe CNNInternational and BBCWorld were sooooooooo ahead of CNN or anything else back home. And now it seems that regular joes on Twitter, forums, Instagram, whatever are wayyyy ahead of even those two. Kind of crazy world we're living in now. Even that guy who had the shots fired through his wall he posted that on Twitter immediately and then it appeared here and a thousand other places before MSM even picked it up. It's very surreal to watch.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

woe is me
    lol

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    What will this badge look like? I want it to be manly. Not some petty little mic. I want the posters to see it and know in flexing my rooster.
    I asked for a guy who looks like Dick Tracy and to say World News Legend 2013.

Considering you'll be #1 in line I'm thinking the khaki trench coat and side profile works, no?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Shari, Duece was blaming a poor lil Indian kid.. He doesn't deserve crap for misinformation...

I deserve that badge not him.. Mayan gets it!!

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

good one you triple chinned prikk

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Shari, Duece was blaming a poor lil Indian kid.. He doesn't deserve crap for misinformation...

I deserve that badge not him.. Mayan gets it!!
    Deuce went off what the police said on the scanner. Can't fault him for that. If anything fault CNN for blasting that poor naked guy for hours after the cops said he was clear. Deuce-a-roo was a legend even when he started to get sleepy.

Have to wait until Monday CR time for the designers to make the badge and I'm giving it to everyone who contributed in here. I pissed myself laughing at brunch today but it was in a totally admiring way. Bloody superstars in this thread even when people were disagreeing. This will always be my fave thread of all times (rip) on SBR.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    good one you triple chinned prikk
    Re-evaluate your life kiddo, go blow smoke. Adults here. No time to deal with adolescents.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Re-evaluate your life kiddo, go blow smoke. Adults here. No time to deal with adolescents.
    my mom thinks i'm cool

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Oh boy...

"Police may never question marathon bombing suspect', says the Mayor of Boston"

Supposedly he was shot in the throat? Bullshit written all over it.

Wilfred

Oh boy...

They are trying to say he tried to kill himself by a self inflicted wound to the throat. That's not believable. And now they are saying "He's in rough shape". Ok if this kid wanted to kill himself he obviously would have. Why would he just shoot himself in the throat and then give up? Then give himself up? He'd obviously charge at police and get killed. They better not try to put off that BS. They also better hope he lives because this is sounding awful for them now.

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11837

Oh boy...

Pen and Paper?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NYSportsGuy210

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

They are trying to say he tried to kill himself by a self inflicted wound to the throat. That's not believable. And now they are saying "He's in rough shape". Ok if this kid wanted to kill himself he obviously would have. Why would he just shoot himself in the throat and then give up? Then give himself up? He'd obviously charge at police and get killed. They better not try to put off that BS. They also better hope he lives because this is sounding awful for them now.
    Who fukking cares whether he tried to kill himself or cops shot him in the neck. Guy is a dipshit loser, so not sure why the suicide angle isn't believable - he's a fukking coward, so flubbing a suicide attempt is fairly probable IMO if he tried it.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Oh boy...

easy morley safer you already got your sbr investigative journalist badge with the giant cawk coming

Wilfred

So he was swearing profusely in the ambulance but may not be able to talk again due to a neck wound... Makes sense.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

So he was swearing profusely in the ambulance but may not be able to talk again due to a neck wound... Makes sense.

He was also kind hearted to tell the alleged car jack victim he was the bomber...ohh these guys are so nice..why kill the car jack victim, right?

Wilfred

Maybe he does have a neck injury but they did say he was talking in the ambulance. I assume he's intubated right now so maybe they are worried that because of the injury he wouldn't be able to talk unaware of the fact he already was in the ambulance? Unless the doctors fukked up big time.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

no kidding right?!

Will see if I can get a badge made at least for everyone.

I'm giving them a break because of the time of day it was here. But yeah, I seriously trust guys here, at Reddit, on Twitter, etc to at least find more info than what I'll ever get on MSM again. I said it very early on Friday and it just got proven over and over. This thread was seriously crazy for breaking news and finding info way before it reached tv. Just Pauly's stuff alone where he was reposting some news site's stuff and it'd been posted in here hours before. Will never look at MSM the same way.
    Hey Shari can I get a badge?

boatboatboat
    what the hell is this?
    boatboatboat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

A friend who works at Channel 9 here in Australia told me at brunch that they used this thread and Reddit to keep up to date with what was going on ...ABC (govt owned like PBS in the US but more news-y) used this thread too because they didn't have enough staff around to aggregate all the info as quickly as you guys did.
    Yes numerous networks turn to SBR as a source of info. Kinda nice too, because at the same time they can also earn points for pizza.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink, and Chi_archie

First ... 111112113114115116117 ... Last