downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

To any of you insurance guys (Bigday or whoever)

I got a question you can maybe help me with.

Two nights ago I had a lady that was nice enough to drive her car into the front of one of my rental properties(lovely call to get at 10 oclock at night)

Damage is pretty substantial as she was going fast enough to basically get it halfway into the bedroom.

My question is. Am I better off going thru my insurance that covers the dwelling or dealing with her autoinsurance. I have good insurance but dont want this to be something that raises my rates as I assume it would be a claim against my record.

Untied
    Untied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Damn, I'm in the same business. Never had to deal with anything like that before.

Doubt I can be of any help. Will your tenants be displaced, while repairs are being done?

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by Untied View Post
    Damn, I'm in the same business. Never had to deal with anything like that before.

Doubt I can be of any help. Will your tenants be displaced, while repairs are being done?
    what ya think? The tenants gonna sleep in the trunk of the car and piss in the radiator

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Quote Originally Posted by Untied View Post

There will be a few days of displacement but the repairs will really not take that long. House on slab and only wrecked on "panel". They have agreed to stay in the property and dont want to leave because they are worried about their stuff. I of course will be eating all/most of this months rent.

Untied
    Untied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    what ya think? The tenants gonna sleep in the trunk of the car and piss in the radiator
    Maybe inconvenient, but it's possible to isolate a section of the place for repairs.

Not everyone lives in a studio apartment, Sweeper.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    lol

timmyboy34243
    eaglesphan
    timmyboy34243's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17360

filing with your company will speed up the process, they will then seek reimbursement for their payout as well as your deductible from the auto insurance policy. there is no guarantee the driver was insured and if so the amount of property damage liability coverage may not be enough to satisfy the claim anyway.
    Points Awarded:

downsouth gave timmyboy34243 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Adding. Have verified thay she does indeed have insurance