flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Where are all the Pliney the Elder & Pliney the Younger fans??

Was back in the United States with my wife and daughter and got a chance to taste the Younger, amazing! I shipped back 6 bottles of the Elder to Israel. Best beers in my opinion. Long love Pliney!! Any fans out there???

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

russian river makes some of the best beer I've ever had.

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

Our local bar got 2 sixtels very good beer. I decided to brew a clone. Recipe calls for 16oz of hops compared to 3 - 6 for a normal beer. The key is the Simcoe hops which blend well with rest of the ingredients. Simcoe hops are the best!!!!
    Last edited by philswin; 03-28-13 at 11:05 PM.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

I've had the Elder a number of times... Local market gets deliveries on Friday so if I stake it out I can usually pick up a few. Heard that the younger was only available at the brewery so haven't tried to find locally. I love hoppy beers so its right up my alley, although I'm a Stone IPA guy or Lagunitas Hop Stupid if I don't feel like hunting. L'chaim!

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Tough to get but worth it.

cobalt king
    cobalt king's Avatar Become A Pro!

Read about about it on a beer forum after looking into really hoppy beers after having the sam adams hopology 12 pack, but now that its SBR approved I have to try and get my hands on some.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

From northern california so I have had the elder; haven't made the trip to the brewery for the younger. you have to wait in line for a few hours just for one pint. Not worth it to me.
    Elder is great, but you have to check the date on the bottles because some shops keep on the shelf for more than a month, at that point it isn't as good. You want to drink it within the first 2 weeks of the bottled date.