ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

Dmso

Just started taking dmso and all i have to say is, im in shock. This is the most amazing thing ive ever taken ever 100x

DMSO
    Nonessential Micronutrient
    OVERVIEW
    Summary

DMSO is an oily liquid that when applied topically may reduce pain and inflammation in joints and muscles. It's also been shown to promote healing of minor cuts and burns and is a powerful antioxidant. However, it is a highly controversial nutrient, and while it is one of the most studied nutrients, it's also considered one of the most poorly understood.
    Other names for DMSO

dimethyl sulfoxide
    Where to find DMSO

DMSO is a byproduct of wood processing for papermaking.
    PERFORMANCE BENEFITS
    Why athletes use DMSO

Some athletes have begun using DMSO to reduce pain and inflammation after sports injuries. Still, the information on DMSO is preliminary, and little is understood about its safety, use, and effectiveness.
    Ways that DMSO can enhance Muscle Gain & Recovery:

• Relieve the pain and inflammation of pulled muscles and connective-tissue injuries
    • Decrease inflammation of joints and muscle tissue after intense training sessions

Ways that DMSO can enhance Longevity:

• Enhance immune-system function and protect against free-radical damage
    HEALTH BENEFITS
    Signs of DMSO deficiency

No deficiency conditions are known to exist.
    Potential uses for DMSO

Research indicates that DMSO may be useful in the treatment of:

DISCUSSION
    More about DMSO

Most active individuals have experienced pain from muscle or joint injuries at one time or another. And there seems to be a universal wondering if anything other than "time" can relieve that pain and get us back into the game sooner. Along comes an interesting industrial solvent that may not only reduce the pain and inflammation caused by muscle and joint injuries but could possibly eliminate it.
    What is DMSO?

DMSO is a topical oil or gel produced as a byproduct of paper making that's widely used as a degreaser, paint thinner, and antifreeze. It was first discovered to be a potentially effective anti-inflammatory agent and pain reducer in race horses.
    How does it work?

Research has shown that DMSO may be a powerful antioxidant that goes straight to the injured area, fights the free radicals, and also diminishes pain by inhibiting the pain message in the nerves. Plus, it appears to soften the connective tissue surrounding the injury, reducing the pressure on the injury.
    When applied to the skin, DMSO is quickly absorbed, moving straight to the circulatory system. The healing process likely speeds up with DMSO use because with decreased inflammation, there is increased blood flow to the injured areas, and our blood can then transport more nutrients and antioxidants to the injured areas.
    In truth

Admittedly, DMSO is a highly controversial nutrient, and while it is one of the most studied nutrients, it's also considered one of the most poorly understood. Nonetheless, there is evidence that it may be an effective drug-delivery system, as it may carry drugs through the skin with it. It's also been shown to promote healing of minor cuts and burns. This is an interesting topical agent, which will likely continue to be researched to discover both its safety and its effectiveness.
    NOTES ON USAGE
    Amount

DMSO creams of between 10% and 50% DMSO are reportedly applied to the injured area. Little research has been done on humans, and amounts and timing are not yet understood.
    Tip

Sometimes DMSO causes a "garlic-like" body and breath odor. At higher amounts, this odor can become so strong, you may be forced to spend a lot of time alone.
    Synergists of DMSO

In combination with cimetidine, DMSO may reduce the relapse rates for ulcers.
    Safety of DMSO

Skin irritation, stomach upset, headache, and sensitivity to light may occur in some cases.
    It is important that the area where DMSO is applied as well as the hands applying it be very clean because DMSO is quickly absorbed by the skin, allowing contaminants on the skin to also be absorbed.
    It is also important to use highly purified forms of DMSO.
    Toxicity of DMSO

Studies on the toxicity of DMSO in humans have shown no serious adverse effects when it is applied topically at or below one gram per kilogram of bodyweight.
    Bans and restrictions

DMSO is not FDA approved for any uses other than interstitial cystitis, which requires doctor administration.
    DMSO is available only by prescription in Canada.

ttwarrior1

ttwarrior1

ttwarrior1

ttwarrior1

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nt-for-horses/

Tony Casillas: 1990s Cowboys used medicine meant for horses

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 7, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
    Getty Images
    Former Cowboys defensive lineman Tony Casillas says that when the team was winning Super Bowls in the 1990s, players frequently used a medication meant for horses.
    Asked on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas about Ray Lewis’s alleged use of a banned substance contained in deer antler spray, Casillas said he doesn’t know about that — but he does know about another substance that was prevalent in the Cowboys’ locker room.
    “When I heard about deer antler spray, when I heard that, I said, ‘That’s nothing,’” Casillas said. “We used to use this stuff called DMSO. That’s what veterinarians put on horses, on a muscle, so this is stuff that you can rub, and we used it in the locker room. We had a bottle and you’d take it. It goes straight to the bloodstream. And I’m not sure about this deer antler stuff, but, I mean, it was prevalent in our locker room. It’s called DMSO. You get it from the veterinarian and it goes right to the bloodstream. It’s an ointment that’s like anti-inflammatory. You put it on your skin and you put it on a muscle, and I guarantee you, in about 30 minutes you’d feel it. It wasn’t on the list. If you’re going to talk about the deer antler stuff, we used DMSO and people knew it. Everyone knew about it.”
    DMSO is an abbreviation for dimethyl sulfoxide, and although it is rarely mentioned in performance-enhancing drug scandals these days, its use by athletes was the source of some controversies in the 1980s and 1990s. In 1981, then-Falcons quarterback June Jones said he and his teammates regularly used DMSO and argued that it should be legalized for human use. Although veterinarians prescribe DMSO for animals as an anti-inflammatory, the FDA has approved DMSO only for very limited use for people with a chronic bladder condition, and has warned that DMSO is often fraudulently marketed as a miracle drug for humans, and that it has significant side effects.
    Casillas noted that “it wasn’t on the list” of substances banned by the NFL, although he also seemed to acknowledge that it was improper for Cowboys players to obtain a prescription from a veterinarian and then use the substance on humans.
    “Let’s put it this way: If you’ve got to get it from a veterinarian, it’s probably — it’s kind of like getting Winstrol V, they’ve got to get it from a vet, but that’s a steroid,” he said.
    Casillas made his comments in a radio appearance in which he promoted a health center that urges men to get their testosterone levels checked and to take prescription testosterone if their levels are low. But in that case, men are getting testosterone from a medical doctor, not a veterinarian.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

You aren't an athlete. You are just fat.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10, and greenhippo

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    You aren't an athlete. You are just fat.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

ttwarrior1

good stuff and I am an athlete but even if i wasn't, why is this thread all of a sudden about me? Has nothing to do with me. I posted this for you to check out dmso for yourself.

good day