Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd2232 View Post
    She could just get a job to feed the baby. My grandparents ony dads side had 13 children, only my grandfather worked. No food stamps were needed. Its very possible

Are you saying a one income family could raise 13 children in todays world?

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

She could just get a job to feed the baby. My grandparents ony dads side had 13 children, only my grandfather worked. No food stamps were needed. Its very possible
    Nobody wants to take responsibilty these days, and they will justify an immoral act, knowing its immoral, just because they want the easy way and not have to struggle. This is all attributed to the breakdown of morals, and the family. I can only do so much to help you guys. May God have Mercy on your souls.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    I can only do so much to help you guys. May God have Mercy on your souls.
    I think that's the SBR slogan for 2014

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Stockdale View Post
    and the white flag has been hoisted

Im out.

I will pray for you.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Everybody has the right to a natural birth and natural death. We should not prevent one's life and interfere in the process to play God.
    So, even if someone writes in their living testament, that they wish to be put to death peacefully instead of being kept alive by machines, you say what they want shouldn't matter?

Interesting.

Dutch
    Honky Lips

Nobody wants to take responsibilty these days, and they will justify an immoral act, knowing its immoral, just because they want the easy way and not have to struggle. This is all attributed to the breakdown of morals, and the family. I can only do so much to help you guys. May God have Mercy on your souls.

Exactly. No one wants to take responsibility..But you do, you want to take responsibility for all these unwanted, unloved kids being raised in filth.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    So, even if someone writes in their living testament, that they wish to be put to death peacefully instead of being kept alive by machines, you say what they want shouldn't matter?

Interesting.
    Actually, that's not what i said at all. When you're using machines, it isn't natural. Everybody has the right to die with dignity.This has nothing to do with abortion.

muldoon

Everybody has the right to a natural birth and natural death. We should not prevent one's life and interfere in the process to play God.
    Antibiotics...ventilators...CPR...all interfere with a natural death

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Exactly. No one wants to take responsibility..But you do, you want to take responsibility for all these unwanted, unloved kids being raised in filth.
    No I don't, I'm against that, it's called adoption.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Antibiotics...ventilators...CPR...all interfere with a natural death
    Those are treatments, a machine is not a treatment, it is prolonging life not curing it. We should do our best to treat people to save their lives. But a machine does not cure anything and it is not natural. Medicine has always been allowed, even in ancient times.

joeyd2232
    joeyd2232's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

[QUOTE=Dutch;17947580]Are you saying a one income family could raise 13 children in todays world?[/
    QUOTE]

Absolutely. Keep in mind the eldest siblings could be over 20 and able to care for his own needs. People complain about not having enough money to support families while sitting at the bar or McDonald's. Fiscal responsibility is what's changed.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Anyways, I'm checking out for now i have to go eat. I'll be back later

muldoon

But a machine does not cure anything and it is not natural.
    So you oppose ventilators that premature babies sometimes stay in for weeks at a time before being able to survive in regular air etc.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

if they make abortion illegal I hope all the Christians that protest abortion clinics, start adopting like CRAZY!!!!

luckily they've stood in the gap thus far and there are no orphans

hugh613
    hugh613's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nobody wants to take responsibilty these days, and they will justify an immoral act, knowing its immoral, just because they want the easy way and not have to struggle.
    And yet when I asked what you would do if one of your family members were raped, you simply said you would not abort and gave the standard party line on why you believe abortion to be wrong. So, in essence, you have justified an immoral act by refusing to even consider and/or acknowledge the very real emotional and psychological consequences of seeing the pregnancy to term...

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree abortion should be legal, sadly its just reality. I do find it amusing that many liberals are pro abortion regardless of what point in the pregnancy and adamantly opposed to the death penalty. Just speaking on abortion though, it is a necessary evil in the real world.

joeyd2232

If the couple did not use any type of contraceptive they should most certainly not be eligible for the procedure. If a woman was raped or if she is at risk of serious permanent injury or death she should be able to choose on her own whether or not to carry the child.

muldoon

If the couple did not use any type of contraceptive they should most certainly not be eligible for the procedure. If a woman was raped or if she is at risk of serious permanent injury or death she should be able to choose on her own whether or not to carry the child.
    What if they used contraception but it failed?

If you're ok with a pregnancy from rape being terminated, you're saying this "unborn baby" can be killed (even though it did nothing wrong) but another must be carried to term.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    if they make abortion illegal I hope all the Christians that protest abortion clinics, start adopting like CRAZY!!!!

luckily they've stood in the gap thus far and there are no orphans
    Well said Chi

joeyd2232

I have no opinion on that scenario, however minute it is. Was just stating that if they are not even making an attempt then it should not be an option.

joeyd2232

If you're ok with a pregnancy from rape being terminated, you're saying this "unborn baby" can be killed (even though it did nothing wrong) but another must be carried to term.
    I didn't say that at all. You're reading something that is not there

Dutch
    Honky Lips

No I don't, I'm against that, it's called adoption.

10's of thousands of black babies would have found adoption homes since roe v. wade? And that's only if the women who makes poor decisions and has no sense of responsibility even chooses to give the baby up.

The truth is there would be many, many orphanages being paid for with your tax dollars and that wouldn't bother you a bit because it would be the moral thing to do.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Nobody wants to take responsibilty these days.
    Dude, your grandma pays your bills.

Just stop it.

muldoon

I didn't say that at all. You're reading something that is not there
    Which part am I reading wrong.

A) You want some sort of test to tell whether people used contraception or not.
    B) Because the woman got pregnant due to rape (date rape qualifies too? Next day regret rape. Statutory rape?) then it's ok? But otherwise, because these irresponsible people didn't use birth control, they can't terminate?

It's not an easy issue - but at least Seaweed is consistent.

joeyd2232

Which part am I reading wrong.

A) You want some sort of test to tell whether people used contraception or not.
    B) Because the woman got pregnant due to rape (date rape qualifies too? Next day regret rape. Statutory rape?) then it's ok? But otherwise, because these irresponsible people didn't use birth control, they can't terminate?

It's not an easy issue - but at least
    Seaweed is consistent.
    You're correct it is not an easy issue and apparently for you either is reading comprehension. If the couple is not attempting any type of birth control, it should not be an option. If a woman was forcibly raped, she should not be required to carry the child to term. If you can't understand that I don't know what else to tell you bud.

muldoon

You're correct it is not an easy issue and apparently for you either is reading comprehension. If the couple is not attempting any type of birth control, it should not be an option. If a woman was forcibly raped, she should not be required to carry the child to term. If you can't understand that I don't know what else to tell you bud.
    I'm reading just fine. I'm more hung up on the logistics of how you plan on having people indicate that they tried to use contraception, but it failed. Will they be required to bring in receipts or video evidence of some sort? Even something as common as condoms fail with "perfect use" 1 in 50 times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...arious_methods

So even if the pregnancy is not affecting the mothers physical health, it's ok to terminate the baby because she was forcibly raped. Aren't you creating a 2nd victim of the same crime now?

joeyd2232

I'm reading just fine. I'm more hung up on the logistics of how you plan on having people indicate that they tried to use contraception, but it failed. Will they be required to bring in receipts or video evidence of some sort? Even something as common as condoms fail with "perfect use" 1 in 50 times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...arious_methods

So even if the pregnancy is not affecting the mothers physical health, it's ok to terminate the baby because she was forcibly raped. Aren't you creating a 2nd victim of the same crime now?
    I'm have no opinion on what to do in the situation of the birth control failing. I'm on the fence but leaning towards the fact that since they did take precautions, it should be an option.
    as far as logistics go provin
    g that they used contraceptives, the pill is detectable and if this was actually apart of a law then yea better keep your receipt and the condom for x number of days just in case but yea its speculation anyway. It is just my opinion that a rape victim should be able to abort a child concieved by that act

muldoon

keep your receipt and the condom for x number of days just in case
    I sense a cottage industry springing up for those guys who used to collect dead tickets at the track.

joeyd2232

I sense a cottage industry springing up for those guys who used to collect dead tickets at the track.
    Its just speculation man. All I was saying was it shouldn't be an option for those not making an attempt.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

I wish I had a time machine to go back 40 years and pay ttwarrior's mom to get an abortion.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    I wish I had a time machine to go back 40 years and pay ttwarrior's mom to get an abortion.
    Go back 70 and visit his grandmother, god forbid he has siblings.
    Points Awarded:

boeing power gave James D 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

First 1234