The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Hey, let's argue about this all night!

I'm pretty sure I can sway someone to my way of thinking!

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

So, Seaweed asks a question for the sole purpose to preach his belief on the subject. Run back to covers or Rx, laddy.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    No, my point is I would rather see an unwanted life aborted before it has a chance to suffer rather than it have to learn what suffering is all about.
    Does a child a day after it's born know what suffering is about? How about a premature baby? Can't we adopt that child so it doesn't have to suffer?

Seaweed
    Update your status

The fact is simple, people do not want to take responsibility for the immoral acts. They want to justify actions they know are wrong, so that they can live a more luxurious life at the expense of an innocent human life that deserves the right to life.

Most people would agree that lets say i had the ability to change the fetus, and turn the human organism into one where it will have no free-will or self-awareness when it is born, basically a robot slave for me, that it would be wrong. Why is that wrong? Because we are taking away a humans life to develop properly. If it's wrong to alter a human life, isn't it wrong to kill a human life?

Seaweed
    Update your status

Giant, i am trying to change people's thoughts and open their mind to the reality of the situation. I could be saving lives by making this thread. Do you ever hear a 40 year old say, "Jeez, i wish i had that abortion", or do you hear "Jeez, I'm glad I didn't go through with the abortion"?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Seaweed, how deep do you feel that abortion should go? The whole way to banning the "Morning After Pill"?

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Giant, i am trying to change people's thoughts and open their mind to the reality of the situation. I could be saving lives by making this thread. Do you ever hear a 40 year old say, "Jeez, i wish i had that abortion", or do you hear "Jeez, I'm glad I didn't go through with the abortion"?
    I can't believe that watching a movie that made you cry is having such an emotional impact on you.

Unbelievable.

Now go watch a movie about a teenaged girl that gets raped, gets pregnant, and the unwanted child turns into a serial killer. I'm sure after weeping over the lost countless lives you'll be singing a different tune.

You are so finicky.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

fvcking liberals...

legal to kill babies, illegal and immoral to kill murderers, rapists and other assorted pieces of human excrement crowding our prisons.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Seaweed

CountNo_Account
    The Man, the Myth,the Legend, the Count
    CountNo_Account's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3779

In some cases it should definitely be legal retroactively...

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I can't believe that watching a movie that made you cry is having such an emotional impact on you.

Unbelievable.

Now go watch a movie about a teenaged girl that gets raped, gets pregnant, and the unwanted child turns into a serial killer. I'm sure after weeping over the lost countless lives you'll be singing a different tune.

You are so finicky.
    If the means are evil, they do not justify the ends. Two wrongs do not make a right. Rape is horrible, but killing is too. Rape victims make up 1 percent of abortions, where 90 percent do not need any reason. In Canada, it's worse than the States. Here there are no laws. Anyone, for any reason can get an aboriton up until the final minutes. A human life exists at the moment of conception, this is proven by science and is in every University biology textbook. All humans are valuable and the innocent baby is not at fault for how it came into existence.

Consider this, what if a married woman was raped and had a child thinking it was one her and her husband created together. After finding out the baby was the result of the rape, could the married woman now kill her infant? No.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Seaweed, how deep do you feel that abortion should go? The whole way to banning the "Morning After Pill"?
    Abortion should never be allowed. Contraceptives for the woman hours after, and when proven that she has not ovulated yet, it could be used as a PREVENTIVE measure.

The Giant

If the means are evil, they do not justify the ends. Two wrongs do not make a right. Rape is horrible, but killing is too. Rape victims make up 1 percent of abortions, where 90 percent do not need any reason. In Canada, it's worse than the States. Here there are no laws. Anyone, for any reason can get an aboriton up until the final minutes. A human life exists at the moment of conception, this is proven by science and is in every University biology textbook. All humans are valuable and the innocent baby is not at fault for how it came into existence.

Consider this, what if a married woman was raped and had a child thinking it was one her and her husband created together. After finding out the baby was the result of the rape, could the married woman now kill her infant? No.
    Answer Kermit's question. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the morning after pill.

Feel free to google it if you're unaware of it.

The Giant

Thank you for answering so quickly.

Stockdale
    Stockdale's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Stupidest. Example. Ever.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Stockdale View Post
    Stupidest. Example. Ever.

Not at all. The philosophical point is rape does not justify killing the baby.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

What do you mean if? This has happened, dozens if not hundreds of times. Find even one story of someone killing their infant child because of this and claiming abortion.

How about this as an example, girl gets knocked up, poor with zero money. Guy who got her knocked up has no family and no money and dies within the first month of pregnancy. She goes to the doctor and says due to heath complications if she goes through with the pregnancy she will most assuredly die, not only that but the child will be born with severe mental complications and will not live more than a few weeks after birth.

In your world, this girl should die so her child will be alive for 3 weeks.

Seaweed
    Update your status

I'm amazed that this is even considered a debate. The unborn are humans, humans have a right to develop properly, and a right to life. Therefore, innocent humans should not be killed. You simply do not kill babies. It is immoral, unjust, and wrong.

Stockdale

Nothing justifies killing an infant champ.

Technically a sperm is classified as alive so what is your stance on people jacking off?

hugh613
    hugh613's Avatar Become A Pro!

If your wife/girlfriend/daughter/sister were gang raped, my guess is you'd change your tune pretty fast...

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Of course Catholics believe it's a life...until they have to pay for it. Then suddenly they hide behind the law.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/25...der-state-law/

Colorado bishops will review a case in which a Catholic hospital argued in its defense that fetuses are not persons.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    What do you mean if? This has happened, dozens if not hundreds of times. Find even one story of someone killing their infant child because of this and claiming abortion.

How about this as an example, girl gets knocked up, poor with zero money. Guy who got her knocked up has no family and no money and dies within the first month of pregnancy. She goes to the doctor and says due to heath complications if she goes through with the pregnancy she will most assuredly die, not only that but the child will be born with severe mental complications and will not live more than a few weeks after birth.

In your world, this girl should die so her child will be alive for 3 weeks.
    You're missing the whole point. It is just as wrong to kill the born as it is the unborn. First you make assumptions in your example. A woman with health complications very very very very rarely faces the GUARANTEE of death. Almost never. There are times when there is a RISK. But then again, is a risk enough to kill a person? If a car was burning, and you could only save one, you would not take proactive measures to shoot the person you cant save. If a mother has health problems, you medicate her as best as possible to save her life, if the child dies in the process, it is an indirect abortion (miscarriage) and is not a direct action taken against he innocent life. Oncec again, you are pointing to a rareity, and though proven it is not justified, would you really legalize abortion because of this extreme case? Wouldn't you want to decrease hundreds of thousands and save unwanted lives? Making it illegal will not eliminate it but it will decrease it.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by hugh613 View Post
    If your wife/girlfriend/daughter/sister were gang raped, my guess is you'd change your tune pretty fast...
    Never.

Kermit

Seaweed, isn't it amazing how a midget man and a midget woman can have a normal sized child?

greenhippo

So going through with a pregnancy when there is a big RISK of her dying for a child who will live no more than a few weeks is worth it? I hope you don't consider something like this a 'rareity' as it is the case in thousands of scenarios every year.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Of course Catholics believe it's a life...until they have to pay for it. Then suddenly they hide behind the law.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/25...der-state-law/
    Paying for it would mean they agree that the parent is not responsible to provide for it. Which contradicts the whole view!

"From the moment of conception human beings are endowed with dignity and with fundamental rights, the most fundamental of which is life," the bishops told The Post. "No Catholic institution may legitimately work to undermine fundamental human dignity."

Kermit

Never.
    Seaweed, what if one of your relatives was raped by someone who had a terminal illness that the baby was certain to be born with?

greenhippo

Seaweed, you're honestly saying that if you were married and lets say when you're both in your 50's she is gang-raped and becomes pregnant you're just going to put a smile on your face and tell her you'll financially and mentally support the child? You're a bigger man than I am, I couldn't do it

Seaweed
    Update your status

Seaweed, isn't it amazing how a midget man and a midget woman can have a normal sized child?
    Must be weird growing up.

Stockdale

You're missing the while point. It is just as wrong to kill the born as it is the unborn. First you make assumptions in your example. A woman with health complications very very very very rarely faces the GUARANTEE of death. Almost never. There are times when there is a RISK. But then again, is a risk enough to kill a person? If a car was burning, and you could only save one, you would not take proactive measures to shoot the person you cant save. If a mother has health problems, you medicate her as best as possible to save her life, if the child dies in the process, it is an indirect abortion (miscarriage) and is not a direct action taken against he innocent life. Oncec again, you are pointing to a rareity, and though proven it is not justified, would you really legalize abortion because of this extreme case? Wouldn't you want to decrease hundreds of thousands and save unwanted lives? Making it illegal will not eliminate it but it will decrease it.
    You have a very black and white attitude. Sometimes you have to see the shades of grey and use common sense. I agree that there should be stricter laws on abortion and dont believe that a simple unplanned pregnancy should be able to be aborted, but there are circumstances where it should be allowed. Trying to say a fetus with no organs, brain process or consciousness is as alive as an infant child is past bordering on stupidity. A human sperm has the chance to become a life form so why dont we make a law against the killing of them?

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Seaweed I dont mean to change the subject, but I'm curious, how many times a day do you poop?

If it is less then 2, I can suggest some dietary changes that might help with that.

If you poop less then 2 times a day, life becomes egregiously stressful and difficult.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Seaweed, you're honestly saying that if you were married and lets say when you're both in your 50's she is gang-raped and becomes pregnant you're just going to put a smile on your face and tell her you'll financially and mentally support the child? You're a bigger man than I am, I couldn't do it
    I would definitely not have a smile on my face. Rape is horrible. But i would not justify my immoral action because somebody else commited a crime. I would spare the life and put it up for adoption. There is a big waiting list, and couples go to bed crying because they can't conceive

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Seaweed I dont mean to change the subject, but I'm curious, how many times a day do you poop?

If it is less then 2, I can suggest some dietary changes that might help with that.

If you poop less then 2 times a day, life becomes egregiously stressful and difficult.
    Honestly, once every 3 days.

hugh613
    hugh613's Avatar Become A Pro!

Honestly, once every 3 days.
    In that case, might I suggest switching from your beloved Fruit Explosion muffins to the more practical Cranberry Blueberry Bran muffins...

Stockdale

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post

Take a crap twice a day? You eat way too much sir

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Stockdale View Post
    You have a very black and white attitude. Sometimes you have to see the shades of grey and use common sense. I agree that there should be stricter laws on abortion and dont believe that a simple unplanned pregnancy should be able to be aborted, but there are circumstances where it should be allowed. Trying to say a fetus with no organs, brain process or consciousness is as alive as an infant child is past bordering on stupidity. A human sperm has the chance to become a life form so why dont we make a law against the killing of them?
    At the moment of conception, our genetic make up is confirmed. It has our gender, eye color, and our DNA. The embryo makes up our intrinsic substance of who we are. Within weeks, we get a brain, then heart and we consistently DEVELOP. It is the human process of development. To discriminate based on our level of development, is to discriminate based on age and a claim that the old can kill the young because they are less developed than them, with less abilities. We do not kill infants for being less developed, so we cannot draw a line on it to use it to justify what makes someone a human and valuable. What makes someone a valuable human is having distinct human nature, because that is common to all of us from womb to tomb. Level of development differs based on age.

First 1234 Last