TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Has Anyone Ever Tried Cutting Caffeine In Their Diet Cold Turkey? Wow

Just started this Sunday Morning. I felt like I was going to die All day Monday.

Major headache. Sensitive to any bright light. This is unreal. How long does this last?

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Been there, done that. Headaches bigtime. I don't know how long it lasts because I gave in and returned to the habit.

Didn't experience the other. You might be deficient in vitamin D.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Yeah it sucks...I gave up soda, ended up buying caffeine pills for the headaches..Then had to wean myselfoff the pills. it takes a few days.

On a side note, once your off it for awhile, use caffeine pills as a stim on workout days..Shit works.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Money my only advice would be to take some of those pre-workout shakes/powders that got other ingredients to wake you up...your body will be looking for a stimulant and the transition would be a lot smoother with some fukking NO-Xplode or something

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Too much caffine was making one of my eyes twitch, so I quit caffine for a month. the eye twitch was gone after a week.

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

3 days with headache. Tried kicking both sugar and caffeine cold turkey........no chance. If you can kick sugar you will be way better off than the caffeine.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Just started this Sunday Morning. I felt like I was going to die All day Monday.

Major headache. Sensitive to any bright light. This is unreal. How long does this last?
    I drink at least 5 extra strength cups a day. Brutal if you go 12 hours between cups.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

gotta ease yourself off of it guey

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Wow never realized caffeine is pretty much like getting off drugs with withdrawals and everything......I drink caffeinated drinks a few times a week and I'll def try to keep it that way

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

hardly drink any caffeine or eat any sweets. Thankfully I never have liked sweets.

Every once in a while a Mountain Dew is nice if I feel like being X-treme

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    Thankfully I never have liked sweets.
    same here...can't stand sugar - I don't even eat cake at the birthday parties

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

quitting xanax cold turkey was pretty tough. felt like I was dying for a few days and never slept. I drink like 5 sodas a day. Had no clue I'd be looking at some more withdrawal issues if i stopped. I guess I'll keep drinking them. diet dr pepper for life

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Caffeine and processed sugar is poison to the body. Especially synthetic caffeine(inside 99% of all carbonated energy drinks).

Only a matter of time before one of the organs give out (pancreas, liver, kidneys). Scientists havent pinpointed the exact cause of diabetes yet but I wouldnt be surprised if processed/refined sugar is the main culprit.

The FDA probably knows already but dont want to admit it due to the billions of dollars involved in the soda beverage industry.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14380

Always get headache when I skip morning coffee, so I can only imagine .

In The Money
    In The Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2069

Well by now the worst part is probably over and yes i tried it and gave in as well it sucked