pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Gym question: Why does the older generation insist on showing us their junk???

OK guys, this thread has been a LONG TIME COMING.

Me and my friends talked about this when we were about 15 years old (in about 1999) and we just don't get it.

At any 24 hour fitness gym I go to, if I walk into any men's bathroom at ANY TIME, there is probably a 75% chance that a naked old man will be right there, seemingly attempting to show me their junk. What is wrong with the older generation? It's not about us younger men being shy or insecure, but these guys don't just get naked in the shower, they're shaving naked, using the toilet naked, weighing themselves naked, and this is right when I walk into the locker room. Use a towel or at least don't be facing members right when they walk in.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

All older people are no longer afraid of what others think of their appearance............

thes0vereign
    Don't bet with your heart.
    thes0vereign's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    All older people are no longer afraid of what others think of their appearance............
    Correction: They no longer want to hear what their spouse thinks about their appearance. They know the guys at the gym may be disgusted, but they won't say anything about it.

Blondie
    Blondie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by pouyasophy View Post

Me and my friends talked about this when we were about 15 years old (in about 1999) and we just don't get it.

At any 24 hour fitness gym I go to, if I walk into any men's bathroom at ANY TIME, there is probably a 75% chance that a naked old man will be right there, seemingly attempting to show me their junk. What is wrong with the older generation? It's not about us younger men being shy or insecure, but these guys don't just get naked in the shower, they're shaving naked, using the toilet naked, weighing themselves naked, and this is right when I walk into the locker room. Use a towel or at least don't be facing members right when they walk in.
    or just don't look...

There comes a point in time when some people just don't give a shit anymore about what others think.

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    or just don't look...

There comes a point in time when some people just don't give a shit anymore about what others think.
    When I walk into the locker room, their naked body is facing me....the funny thing is I just got back from the gym and there was a 70 year old right in front of me.

It's not about "caring" what other people think. I don't scream because it's noise pollution. I don't block the intersection during traffic because I have some respect for others...if I didn't know any better I'd think they want everyone to see them naked.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

When you were 15 were you anywhere near Penn state University? Getting this off your chest is part of the healing process.

Blondie

When I walk into the locker room, their naked body is facing me....the funny thing is I just got back from the gym and there was a 70 year old right in front of me.

It's not about "caring" what other people think. I don't scream because it's noise pollution. I don't block the intersection during traffic because I have some respect for others...if I didn't know any better I'd think they want everyone to see them naked.
    I guess women must just be different. I walk into a locker room and I couldn't tell you when I walked out who was naked and who wasn't. Just not something I think about I just go in there, do what I need to do, and leave. Pretty simple.

Same thing with other women seeing them naked. By the time you hit a certain age, have a couple kids, experience life you really just don't care who sees you naked. Again, maybe just a woman thing. 18 people were in the room when I gave birth to my daughters (c-section twins). After my insides were laying out on top of me for everyone to see, I just didn't give a shit anymore about modesty..

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    When you were 15 were you anywhere near Penn state University? Getting this off your chest is part of the healing process.

MoneylineExpress
    MoneylineExpress's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 865

I can easily ignore the old farts waking around the locker room naked. But I do have a problem when they are drying their junk with a hair dryer while whipping it around like a hose with their other hand. Saw it the other day and still can't get the image out of my head. Scarred for weeks if not longer.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

They do it because they know it makes you uncomfortable and they find it funny. If I live to 70 I will probably make public displays of nudity one of my entertainment priorities. FUkk, what the hell else do you have to do when your that age.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER, and Richards

TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

If it bothers you that much, I would wager that it secretly turns you on.

Do you desire gay sex with a 70 yr old?

I'd wager you do.

Blondie

Quote Originally Posted by MoneylineExpress View Post
    I can easily ignore the old farts waking around the locker room naked. But I do have a problem when they are drying their junk with a hair dryer while whipping it around like a hose with their other hand. Saw it the other day and still can't get the image out of my head. Scarred for weeks if not longer.
    OMG

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

It takes two to look at someone elses naked junk

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5578

Because it is no longer junk, it is vintage, shabby chic if you will. We're talking skillfully crafted antiques forged by gravity and galvanized by a lifetime of debauchery. If that's not worth looking at, then you sir, have no soul.

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    They do it because they know it makes you uncomfortable and they find it funny. If I live to 70 I will probably make public displays of nudity one of my entertainment priorities. FUkk, what the hell else do you have to do when your that age.
    As much as I would like to believe that this is true, I don't. Old people seem to have no idea what is going on, in any situation, ever... I mean honestly, does anyone REALLY believe Joe Pa knew what was going on on the field, much less what happened with Sandusky? Old people couldn't care less what makes ME uncomfortable, so the above answer that they don't care makes much more sense.

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    If it bothers you that much, I would wager that it secretly turns you on.

Do you desire gay sex with a 70 yr old?

I'd wager you do.
    Oh, the old ad hominem "You must be gay" attack. I'm not in 3rd grade, but I appreciate the pathetic attempt at calling me a "f\*g."

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post

Because it is no longer junk, it is vintage, shabby chic if you will. We're talking skillfully crafted antiques forged by gravity and galvanized by a lifetime of debauchery. If that's not worth looking at, then you sir, have no soul.

Whether something is or isn't worth looking at, that doesn't determine whether or not I have a soul. Quite frankly, I'd be willing to wager that i have more "soul" than anyone on sbr.

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

I believe like others point out that at some point you just don't give a crap anymore. I know exactly what you mean though, doesn't matter what gym locker room I go into, I see the same damn thing... "dude, put some freakin' clothes on!".

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5578

Whether something is or isn't worth looking at, that doesn't determine whether or not I have a soul. Quite frankly, I'd be willing to wager that i have more "soul" than anyone on sbr.
    You can't see a soul nor can you quantify soul so your assertion is invalid. Take that Mr. Literal. Ha-ruuuumph.