onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Need a Truck. Possibly Toyota Tacoma.

I will probably be towing a Sandrail and a couple quads, so I need a truck that can comfortably tow them.

I've be looking at 2010-2012 V6 Tacoma's, because it will be my daily driver too. I don't really need a full-size truck, but I've been looking at Tundra's as well. I read that the V6 Tacoma's can tow up to 6500 lbs. I think the tops I would be towing is 3000 to 4000 lbs, if that. Also would get one with the tow package, that has the fluid coolers and 130 amp alternator.

Anyone out there that has/had a Tacoma? Give me some feed back on them, good and bad.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

I think we need pics of these toys!

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

colorado crew cab

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I think we need pics of these toys!
    Haven't got them yet.

Decided to get back into it. I had a 02 Banshee that I sold about 6 years ago. We always went out to the dunes when I was a kid, and I still have a 1982 Honda ATC at my parents house.

I'm about 2 hours away from Dumont Dunes, where we used to always go. Also went to Glamis when I lived in California, but that would be a long trip from Vegas.

Since I'm older now, I'm thinking about getting a Sandrail. A couple quads will be for sure though. People are throwing them away here, just scanning Craigslist the last couple days, I've seen some good deals.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

One of the top things on my list of things to do in Vegas is go to one of those buggy hire places and go for a fang through the desert.

Is the sand rail for organized drags?

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

My father has 2011 tackoma he is always hauling shit and loves it .

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Is the sand rail for organized drags?
    No.

Something you just go out in the dessert and rip it up with. I'm mainly a sand dune person.

Here is one I was looking at.