vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    well youve certainly proven yourself to be a racist while failing miserably at proving barkleys comment as such.

btw theres a little italy in toronto isnt there? maybe you should bash the italians for not assimilating either?
    there is...there certainly is.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Because you are on sbr and at a minimum, at least once a week there is an ignoramus that makes at least one thread that is race related, and typically toward black people. sbr and yahoo are 1 and 2 at that. It's amazing to me to this day with hispanics closing in on on being a majority, and almost as many asians in this country as african americans, there is still an obsession about the race issue with what black people do and say lol. NEWSFLASH: there is a reason there is a double standard. one race enslaved the other for hundreds of years. And as a consolation prize there is a certain sensitivity to what is allowed to be said by those whose ancestors were the oppressors.
    You'll never hear a german say," i wish the jews would just shut up already about the holocaust and stop making movies and documentaries about it" lol. it just doesn't work that way.
    Points Awarded:

MARVEL gave kingdom 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

who cares it was funny.

barkley always says shit on the edge.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    You'll never hear a german say," i wish the jews would just shut up already about the holocaust and stop making movies and documentaries about it" lol. it just doesn't work that way.
    They do say it and most of Europe does too. Go to Eastern Europe and you can say anything about Blacks and Jews.

vaas187

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    They do say it and most of Europe does too. Go to Eastern Europe and you can say anything about Blacks and Jews.
    Munich is still racist LOL. Jews still get looked at rooster-eyed.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

yo, If Ernie said something to the effect of "If Lincoln was never President, you guys would still be calling me boss, there would be absolute out rage and he would be fired out on the spot" double standard bullshit pisses me off.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by vaas187 View Post
    Munich is still racist LOL. Jews still get looked at rooster-eyed.
    Yes Germany is very racist, at least where I lived, however I'm not sure how old you are but I can safely say Canada has never encouraged people to assimilate in the past 30+ years. So it's not like this cultural diversity you're seeing is anything new. In fact that's what we brag about: Being a mosaic vs the US' melting pot. That saying was drilled into me in grade school in the 80's and just appeared a few months back in an alumni newsletter from my university. Like crusty said, each major city has a Little Italy, a Chinatown, mine has Greek, Finnish and Ukrainian towns. I'm sure the bigger ones have many more than that. It's something to be proud of.

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Ernie was the only one not laughing on the set because he's white and it wouldn't be PC.

vaas187

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Yes Germany is very racist, at least where I lived, however I'm not sure how old you are but I can safely say Canada has never encouraged people to assimilate in the past 30+ years. So it's not like this cultural diversity you're seeing is anything new. In fact that's what we brag about: Being a mosaic vs the US' melting pot. That saying was drilled into me in grade school in the 80's and just appeared a few months back in an alumni newsletter from my university. Like crusty said, each major city has a Little Italy, a Chinatown, mine has Greek, Finnish and Ukrainian towns. I'm sure the bigger ones have many more than that. It's something to be proud of.
    I'm aware that Canada doesnt encourage it and Im proud of a lot of the diversity Toronto has and Canada for that matter. I didn't elaborate so you can take my comment how you see them. I'm macedonian myself, a european, and I enjoy different cultures, especially being a Chef indulging in different foods. I just get slightly bothered when my countries second language is french but when i go to the corner plaza, every sign is in Chinese so im not even sure what the parking rules are....or when I'm in my own bar and every Asian chooses to not tip because their culture beliefs are that tipping isn't required then i see an issue. North american standard is to tip accordingly for a meal based on service. Im not glorifying racism as much as I feel like my culture is being stripped from me for the sake of the country wanting the Asian economy. That's the whole purpose behind immigration obviously, not to be diverse but to have the respective country (i.e. China) to be spending their money here, at least from my perspective. If I'm mus-informed on that fact please let me know.

i live in markham in a 95% majority asian population so my arguments are being based of Asians for this discussion.
    Last edited by vaas187; 12-28-12 at 11:30 AM. Reason: markham

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    yo, If Ernie said something to the effect of "If Lincoln was never President, you guys would still be calling me boss, there would be absolute out rage and he would be fired out on the spot" double standard bullshit pisses me off.
    "your lucky Lincoln was President" my bad

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectGrape View Post
    Ernie was the only one not laughing on the set because he's white and it wouldn't be PC.
    he was cracking up...

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Because you are on sbr and at a minimum, at least once a week there is an ignoramus that makes at least one thread that is race related, and typically toward black people. sbr and yahoo are 1 and 2 at that. It's amazing to me to this day with hispanics closing in on on being a majority, and almost as many asians in this country as african americans, there is still an obsession about the race issue with what black people do and say lol. NEWSFLASH: there is a reason there is a double standard. one race enslaved the other for hundreds of years. And as a consolation prize there is a certain sensitivity to what is allowed to be said by those whose ancestors were the oppressors.
    I never enslaved anyone, and no black person alive has ever been enslaved. These Hispanics and Asians you speak of have also encountered racism and bigotry but instead of finding reasons and excuses for failing have done quite well in this country, so I don't care about your consolation prizes or how you think it should work

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

saloon this shit!

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Barkley is a huge penetrating racist, if he was white he wouldn't be able to find work. Effing joke!

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Lincoln was a Republican. According to the recent election results, minorities have their political values in the wrong places.

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

the point isn't necessarily that the comment is racist, the point is if ernie said "well if abe lincoln wasn't president, you all would have to call me boss" ... that would be racist and all over the news everywhere

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

ask charles he bin in a barfight

elchristo
    elchristo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 411

its funny, who cares and its true

First 123