Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

Anyone else scared to fly? It terrifies me....

Would rather walk 10 miles through Detroit at 2 AM than get on a plane again.

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger
    peacebyinches's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7802

try using some valium and ambien next time you have to fly

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

The reason why provide bars at the airport and drinks on the plane. gl.

okxchange
    okxchange's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

my ex-fiancee used to freak out and cry so much, everyone around us would get little bit freaked out by it...

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1404

need a few xanax

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Yeah i'm not the biggest fan. Heading to the US in January, will probably pop some shit before I go flying.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Im not scared of flying....crashing on the other hand makes me very nervous

In reality though flying is 100x safer than driving ppl yet ppl go flying down rainslicked roads with no fear..in a plane you cant his shit and a US airliner hasnt crashed in over 11 years despite 100s of thousands of flights each year

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Im not scared of flying....crashing on the other hand makes me very nervous

In reality though flying is 100x safer than driving ppl yet ppl go flying down rainslicked roads with no fear..in a plane you cant his shit and a US airliner hasnt crashed in over 11 years despite 100s of thousands of flights each year
    It sounds illogical - but I feel safer in a car because i'm driving or can see what is going on with the driver. In a plane the clown flying could be having a sick cone session up the front for all I know.

aarom
    aarom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

like fiy

I like it , very comfortable, and very fast

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    It sounds illogical - but I feel safer in a car because i'm driving or can see what is going on with the driver. In a plane the clown flying could be having a sick cone session up the front for all I know.
    No US airliner has crashed in over 11 years....how many cars have crashed since then? Trust me you're 1000x safer in a plane, if it wasnt for sand niggers tryin to get their virgins there would be no reason to even worry about crashing....also what you say about the pilot being coked up is not even an issue the planes fly themselves nowadays they dont even need pilots...I dont even know what pilots do in the cockpit nowadays I guess they are just there in case theres a mechanical failure or to enter the destination information or some shit who knows

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

^ lol...btw..love that avatar.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

I love flying. All else equal I will choose flying over any other mode of transportation. I fly from NYC to Boston and DC when I go.

It's a modern miracle and I'm in awe each and every time I fly. I intend to get my license when i have the time/money. Gonna build my own plane.

bettilimbroke999

Boner airlines advertising is "Get on a Boner you'll love it"

Johnnythunder

I just read its been three years since a major crash in the US.....thousands of things can potentially go wrong with the parts and one issue can lead to disaster. Pilot error still occurs. A bird strike can occur. Large planes have collided. Weather is an issue. If there were as many planes in the sky as cars on the ground there would be hourly crashes.

Johnnythunder

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    I love flying. All else equal I will choose flying over any other mode of transportation. I fly from NYC to Boston and DC when I go.

It's a modern miracle and I'm in awe each and every time I fly. I intend to get my license when i have the time/money. Gonna build my own plane.
    Wish I could relax and enjoy it. It is a wonderful thing.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Despite TSA, flying isnt that bad

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythunder View Post
    I just read its been three years since a major crash in the US.....thousands of things can potentially go wrong with the parts and one issue can lead to disaster. Pilot error still occurs. A bird strike can occur. Large planes have collided. Weather is an issue. If there were as many planes in the sky as cars on the ground there would be hourly crashes.
    Paranoid...it has been over 11 years since the last airline fatality in the US...do you really think its that dangerous when millions of flights have consecutively produced no deaths. Meanwhile 100 ppl die on US roadways daily...0 in the air in over 11 years....AND YOU'RE SCARED OF FLYING

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3177

Don't like flying in that bird either. You have no control over what happens. Used to put some beers down to make it easier. Now I avoid flying at all costs.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I dont mind flyijng in big commercial planes i just prefer the isle seat so i can get up when i want to.

I have no interest in going up in one of those small planes that people fly for fun though

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

The actual flying is easy. Going through the lines to get to plane is a pain in the ass. Nothing better than having your bags searched by a guy named Achmed. Fortunately for work we fly from states to HK/Macau in company plane so no tsa crap, great food and booze along with comfortable seating and all of the bells and whistles in electronics.

Spanks
    me pee pee
    Spanks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

remember

you are rolling the dice when you get into that tube with thousands of gallons of highly flammable liquid undermeath you

the planes undergo tremendous amounts of sheer stress over the thin metal of aluminum covering its shell

over time fizzures can open up and the plane can literally come apart in air(airliners seldom like to retire planes for this and continually patch them up,comforting)

bird strikes can seize the engines or they can fall off on their own

once you are going down you can be pretty sure you have had it and will have a good deal of time knowing this as total fn chaos ensues around you,unless you get sucked out of an opening and you will have some quiet time(surviving like the hudson river soft touch landing is rare and was manageable but dropping out of the air is another story)

micro- bursts in air will and can down a plane

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

remember when its your time to go it is, but when you are on a plane you have to be careful its not someone elses time to go and you are just with them

DG Magee
    DG Magee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

I am claustrophobic and I get panic attacks when I fly...it sucks because I used to go to vegas 1-2 times per year and now I don't even consider booking a flight! Sad way to live, i wont take pills or drink either...lol. I'm screwed

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

flying is safer than driving, as im sure youve heard. the only reason why it's scary is because it seems crazy.. it's actually pretty freaking simple. also, what does everybody have that is so important to live for?

Spanks
    me pee pee

Quote Originally Posted by rthoughton View Post
    flying is safer than driving, as im sure youve heard. the only reason why it's scary is because it seems crazy.. it's actually pretty freaking simple. also, what does everybody have that is so important to live for?
    how about kids a wife and a family

dont be stupid

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

i've never been scared of flying like litteraly no butterfly or whatsoever not until i had a Southwest flight from Florida going to buffalo where my plane decided to make an emergency landing at orlando due to smoke on the rear part of the plane. The plane itself dove for like 10 secs in hight altitude with smoke in cabin that you can smell of. Trust me you feel helpless on that situation and you were thinking of your love ones because u felt that ur life would just end instantly in a carsh. Luckily we made the emergency landing safely and it feels like you escaped a death trap. We boarded another plane and cant resist to think of that nightmare but in the end SW gave us free flight credits due to the incident.

1brokegirl
    never had a bad day in my life
    1brokegirl's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes i fear flying because many airlines do not maintain thier air craft properly due to funds.

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

I love/hate that feeling when the plane first lifts off the.ground and when its descending.
    The rest of the flight I hate. I get really nervous when we hit turbulence tho.

bettilimbroke999

Have fun driving for 3 days to Vegas and then 3 days back....when u fall asleep at the wheel for a couple seconds and go off the road at 80 mph ull understand y flying is safer...meanwhile the 3 hour flight you coulda taken is landing safely at McCarran for the 10 millionth time in a row and you coulda just popped a Xanax and had a shot while on the plane and relaxed instead
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 12-20-12 at 11:23 AM.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Greatest scene ever about the topic at hand... take a few valium and awayyy you go..

swiftyj
    swiftyj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Have a few drinks before take off and it will help

brumbies
    sail close to the wind
    brumbies's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7484

Quote Originally Posted by Spanks View Post
    (surviving like the hudson river soft touch landing is rare
    huh? more details please.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Pop a couple of xanax, a couple of rum and cokes...Bada boom Bada bing

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Planes are fun. Just get drunk and try to pick up stewardesses.

Spanks
    me pee pee

Quote Originally Posted by brumbies View Post
    huh? more details please.
    up your meds

12 Last