hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why Teachers SHOULD Carry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_High_School_shooting

The incident began on the morning of October 1, 1997 when Luke Woodham fatally stabbed and bludgeoned his mother, Mary Woodham, as she prepared for a morning jog. At his trial, Woodham claimed that he could not remember killing his mother.
    Woodham drove his mother's car to Pearl High School. Wearing an orange jumpsuit and a trenchcoat,[1] he made no attempt to hide his rifle. When he entered the school, he fatally shot Lydia Kaye Dew and Christina Menefee, his former girlfriend. Pearl High School assistant band director, Jeff Cannon, was standing five feet away from Dew when she was fatally shot. Woodham went on to wound seven others before leaving, intending to drive off campus and conduct another shooting at the nearby Pearl Junior High School. However, assistant principal Joel Myrick had retrieved a .45 pistol from the glove compartment of his truck and subdued Woodham inside his mother's car. Then Myrick demanded "Why did you shoot my kids?" to which Woodham replied, "Life has wronged me, sir."[2]
    Last edited by hels; 12-14-12 at 10:12 PM.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

I also think all new schools should have Mines, bombs, and acid sprinklers installed that could be deployed when a crazy guy does crazy shit.

if we plan enough, we should be able to have safety measures to neutralize every crazy thing a crazy person could do anywhere.

most of the time, it just means more people having more access to deadly force.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

All teachers should carry

All teachers have a right to bear arms

All teachers are good peoples

hels

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    I also think all new schools should have Mines, bombs, and acid sprinklers installed that could be deployed when a crazy guy does crazy shit.

if we plan enough, we should be able to have safety measures to neutralize every crazy thing a crazy person could do anywhere.

most of the time, it just means more people having more access to deadly force.
    I am not saying EVERY teacher should carry, it should be left up to the teacher/principal/school board etc. There should be background checks and proper training of course.

Police officers carry and they deal with the most fukked up people imaginable. Sure they often use unnecessary and extra force than needed but how often do they shoot people because "they were pissing me off."

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

that doesn't go far enough. all schools should be surrounded by military personnel.

also all movie theaters and universities and office buildings and malls.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

How about the janitors or the cooks? Should they carry? The wackos usually head for the cafeteria first.

Now imagine yourself being a parent. Would you let your kid go to school knowing there are at least 50 teachers there carrying concealed weapons? How could you explain to your kid why the teacher is armed with a chalk and a Glock? What if a student grabs the gun from the teacher and starts shooting all the other kids?

hels

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    How about the janitors or the cooks? Should they carry? The wackos usually head for the cafeteria first.

Now imagine yourself being a parent. Would you let your kid go to school knowing there are at least 50 teachers there carrying concealed weapons? How could you explain to your kid why the teacher is armed with a chalk and a Glock? What if a student grabs the gun from the teacher and starts shooting all the other kids?
    I didn't say EVERY teacher should carry and how difficult is it to conceal? You don't walk around twirling it on your finger. It's called carry and conceal. If the principal had a safe in his/her office with a loaded weapon would that be okay to tell your children? Some schools DO have police officers who DO carry patrolling the hallways and manning the entrances/exits. If teachers go through the same training as police officers what's the problem pal?

Did you click on the link and read the article? The VP saved a school from getting shot up because he had a firearm.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

In my kids elementary school there are 20 teachers. 19 are women and the only male is the PE teacher. I can assure you than none of the females would be willing to carry a concealed weapon in class. 90% of the teachers between kindergarten and 4th grade are female.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Less is the answer
    Points Awarded:

boombaby1987 gave Rich Boy 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

In my kids elementary school there are 20 teachers. 19 are women and the only male is the PE teacher. I can assure you than none of the females would be willing to carry a concealed weapon in class. 90% of the teachers between kindergarten and 4th grade are female.
    You dont know females very well

hels

How do you know that none of them carry outside the school? You would be amazed at how many females carry in legal states. In non-legal states if they can't carry say hello to knives and pepper spray.

Go and ask every single one of them next week if they would feel more comfortable if one or teachers/principals carried after what they saw today.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd rather see armed security vs. armed teachers. If you allowed teachers to be armed, it'd be a matter of weeks before the 1st story about a teacher killing a student.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pavyracer

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

This isn't necessary if children are raised properly and people have adequate access to mental health facilities. Guns aren't the answer, facilitating proper responsibility and making people accountable for actions is.

hels

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I'd rather see armed security vs. armed teachers. If you allowed teachers to be armed, it'd be a matter of weeks before the 1st story about a teacher killing a student.
    Teachers/Admin in Israel and Thailand do carry and there has not been one incident of them killing/shooting at students.

Do your research before making bogus claims pal.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    that doesn't go far enough. all schools should be surrounded by military personnel.

also all movie theaters and universities and office buildings and malls.
    yes

hate to say it but spot on

plus there should be rocket launchers and anti-tank artillery quickly accessible

in schools it should be the principals and assistant principals who have access and tasked with the responsibility, and just as schools have fire drills, they should also have security drills where the principals and APs should be required to be able to engage in full defensive combat with any lone whackjob, scumbag tandem, student demonstrations or Occupy organizations or foreign or domestic terrorists or militias, within a predetermined span of time

movie theaters universities office buildings and malls should have their own specific defense systems and efficiency requirements

and as a side bonus, think of all the extra jobs this would create! countless new jobs to fill these positions, not to mention all the manufacturing jobs that manufacturing all the new weapons would bring

no brainer

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Teachers/Admin in Israel and Thailand do carry and there has not been one incident of them killing/shooting at students.

Do your research before making bogus claims pal.
    That's Israel. That's not the U-S. Look at all the incidents of bitches sleeping with students ... you don't think one of them offs a kid when he/his parents go to the cops? Naive.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Neither do you since you haven't sniffed pussy for a very long time.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

more than security drills loshaks. principals and VPs should be required to take special ops training. if you can't kill bin laden in a raid, you shouldn't be in charge of schools.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

yes and yes

i would say they maybe shouldnt be required to carry, but encouraged and if they want to, trained and armed

Now imagine yourself being a parent. Would you let your kid go to school knowing there are at least 50 teachers there carrying concealed weapons?
    yes of course

How could you explain to your kid why the teacher is armed with a chalk and a Glock?
    I would explain to my kid about whackjobs, scumbags, terrorists, civilian militias, student protesters, left-wing radicals, and the Occupy movement, and how is bets to deal with them and defend against them

What if a student grabs the gun from the teacher and starts shooting all the other kids?
    then in that situation the kid would get put down by one of the other teachers or janitors or cooks or teaching assistants on duty
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pavyracer

hels

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    That's Israel. That's not the U-S. Look at all the incidents of bitches sleeping with students ... you don't think one of them offs a kid when he/his parents go to the cops? Naive.
    I actually don't know what you're trying to prove with this statement. If a teacher kills a student outside of the school how is that any different from it happening in the US?

Schools are supposed to be the safest places for children but they are the easiest place for criminals.

EaglesPhan36

My point is that arming teachers isn't a good solution, I just think it will lead to more problems. School districts have security for a reason. If they're going to arm people, my vote would be for them not teachers. Sure, they could be just as fukked as anyone - but you'd hope the districts would do their diligence on background checks and get the best of the best.

End of the day, it's fukked up all around and anyone who has a gun can be a nut job in the waiting ... I'd just rather see a weapon in the hand of someone whose job it is to protect a campus - someone specifically trained, not someone who is supposed to be educating students. Teachers have enough BS to deal with, they shouldn't have to be concerned with packing heat or having the temptation to pop off a couple rounds. Also would probably be the end of public education. As many people that might like the protection for their kids, there'd probably be mostly uproar over someone having a gun in a classroom.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

ya im sure a teacher would NEVER accidentally shoot a kid or use his firearm when unprovoked. God you people are penetrating retarded if yu think teachers should carry guns to teach kids.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Or maybe people shouldnt be such nutcases?
    also parents need to do a better job parenting, kids need discipline.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

do a quick search on how many times police officers accidently discharge their weapons

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Most teachers are female... I'm guessing... Does every chick know how to shoot a gun accurately?? I mean this isn't a Cagney & Lacey episode.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

One incident does not a good idea make. If guns were allowed to be carried by teachers there would be a hell of a lot more articles out there about kids or teachers being shot in the classroom that id be able to cite too.