CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Shooting in Portland Mall

At least 2 reportedly are dead after a gunman wearing a plastic mask opened fire at a mall near Portland, Ore

Last edited by CanuckG; 12-11-12 at 06:56 PM.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

this happens like 3 times a day in Portland.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    this happens like 3 times a day in Portland.
    Portland violent crimes
    MURDER RAPE ROBBERY ASSAULT
    REPORT TOTAL 22 231 1,005 1,796
    RATE PER 1,000 0.04 0.40 1.72 3.08

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

time to do what any logical liberal would do.... outlaw malls

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

how does this affect the spread in the Trailblazers game?

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Not really a joking matter weeder. Sad to see people do this.. You got to question WTF is wrong with the people who kill others.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Not really a joking matter weeder. Sad to see people do this.. You got to question WTF is wrong with the people who kill others.
    It's crazy. I use humour to try and lighten up the situation. I don't like when people are sad.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Saying at least 60 shots fired...piece of shit. Hopefully minimal causalities.

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Saying at least 60 shots fired...piece of shit. Hopefully minimal causalities.
    Hopefully he landed one of those in his own dome.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

Obama needs to get the guns out of the peoples hands

Too many nut jobs these days with guns

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hopefully he landed one of those in his own dome.
    Why?

I would rather him suffer locked down 23-24 hours a day with zero human contact

death is an easy escape fukk that

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

No public place is safe anymore. There are too many crazies out there!

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Obama needs to get the guns out of the peoples hands

Too many nut jobs these days with guns
    Criminals will always get guns, taking them away from law abiding citizens does nothing. I haven't heard of a good way to limit the guns criminals get their hands on, and that is all that matters.

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    Why?

I would rather him suffer locked down 23-24 hours a day with zero human contact

death is an easy escape fukk that
    Ideally, but it'll cost the US millions for someone to argue that he is insane (which clearly he is). And then he will be all medded up in a psych ward somewhere, not worth the hassle most of the time.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Portland violent crimes
    REPORT TOTAL 22 231 1,005 1,796
    RATE PER 1,000 0.04 0.40 1.72 3.08
    much different story than milwaukee, portland looks pretty much in line with the national average whereas milwaukee of course is one of the most unsafe cities in the country

Milwaukee violent crimes
    REPORT TOTAL 94 198 2,938 3,108
    RATE PER 1,000 0.16 0.33 4.94 5.22

Population 308,745,538United States violent crimes
    REPORT TOTAL 14,748 84,767 367,832 778,901
    RATE PER 1,000 0.05 0.27 1.19 2.52

hopefully the casualties are kept to a minimum

just another pointless act, not to get political but almost all of these cases involve guys on prescription meds adderall/ritulan/prozac/etc

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

Criminals will always get guns, taking them away from law abiding citizens does nothing. I haven't heard of a good way to limit the guns criminals get their hands on, and that is all that matters.
    Nope. Need to take them all.

Pass super tough laws where you go to jail for 30 years even with a toy gun.

Tough talking clowns like brooks that don't want to give up their guns. Get their houses bull dozed with them in it.

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    much different story than milwaukee, portland looks pretty much in line with the national average whereas milwaukee of course is one of the most unsafe cities in the country
    just another pointless act, not to get political but almost all of these cases involve guys on prescription meds adderall/ritulan/prozac/etc
    Cannot draw correlation between the meds and the act though Mike. Because clearly the guy was messed up in the head, nutjobs go off, meds or no meds. Milwaukee is sketch though, I've almost been jumped twice outside of The rave/eagles club.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Seaweed is sharp

soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just saw this on tv, unreal, dumbfukk shooter is dead though, no word on whether it was a police's shot or a suicide

milwaukee mike

Cannot draw correlation between the meds and the act though Mike. Because clearly the guy was messed up in the head, nutjobs go off, meds or no meds. Milwaukee is sketch though, I've almost been jumped twice outside of The rave/eagles club.
    watch a great documentary called "the drugging of our children" on youtube. interviews with kids and parents on psychotropic drugs, one kid in a school shooting really thought he was out hunting animals while he was roaming the halls shooting.

i agree that these kids are messed up anyway, but calling kids "add" or "adhd" or "bipolar" (none of these things are real diseases or disorders) and prescribing drugs to teenagers and younger kids has terrible consequences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26e5PqrCePk

milwaukee mike

and yeah the rave is in a pretty bad location. wisconsin ave is fine by miller park, then it's bad for 2 miles, then gets decent again at marquette campus/downtown. milwaukee is a really poor and segregated city

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Milwaukee violent crimes
    REPORT TOTAL 94 198 2,938 3,108
    RATE PER 1,000 0.16 0.33 4.94 5.22

Population 308,745,538United States violent crimes
    REPORT TOTAL 14,748 84,767 367,832 778,901
    RATE PER 1,000 0.05 0.27 1.19 2.52

hopefully the casualties are kept to a minimum

I love my adderall pop 30mg every morning

I understand the anti-depressants but has addy seriously been linked to these types of outbursts or whatever you would call this?

tto827

watch a great documentary called "the drugging of our children" on youtube. interviews with kids and parents on psychotropic drugs, one kid in a school shooting really thought he was out hunting animals while he was roaming the halls shooting.

i agree that these kids are messed up anyway, but calling kids "add" or "adhd" or "bipolar" (none of these things are real diseases or disorders) and prescribing drugs to teenagers and younger kids has terrible consequences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26e5PqrCePk
    Bipolar I may have to disagree with you, and I will definitely check the video out after this week when I am done with finals. These drugs are nuts, I suffered from pretty bad migraines throughout all of high school, and school work lacked because of it. Went through the whole depression, ADD, psych evals. And one of my meds for migraines was an anti-depressant that I would never advise anyone to take, I woke up in tears from a dream because it seemed that real, they do mess with your head.

ADD meds work wonders, but they are extremely over-prescribed. It's all a big dilemma that I don't know the answer too.

Anytime someone mentions suicides and meds, I bring up the accutane (strongest acne med) dilemma. People have sued claiming it caused their child's suicide, and kids on accutane do commit suicide more often then the general public. But when you compare it to the actual subject group (people with acne) the numbers are actually lower.

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    I love my adderall pop 30mg every morning

I understand the anti-depressants but has addy seriously been linked to these types of outbursts or whatever you would call this?
    Oh ya. Take too much addy and you could start seeing little green people on the wall... don't try it please.

tto827

and yeah the rave is in a pretty bad location. wisconsin ave is fine by miller park, then it's bad for 2 miles, then gets decent again at marquette campus/downtown. milwaukee is a really poor and segregated city
    Ya, pretty much like Chicago and every other major cities, its got its good spots and its bad spots.

milwaukee mike

Ya, pretty much like Chicago and every other major cities, its got its good spots and its bad spots.
    yeah i WISH milwaukee had its good spots

we were just in indianapolis, and for a similar sized city it is night and day. yes the area around the racetrack is terrible, but downtown indianapolis is so terrific. indianapolis there is nice shopping, ruth's chris and other nice restaurants, hard rock cafe, big amc movie theater - there is none of that stuff in milwaukee.

tto827

yeah i WISH milwaukee had its good spots

we were just in indianapolis, and for a similar sized city it is night and day. yes the area around the racetrack is terrible, but downtown indianapolis is so terrific. indianapolis there is nice shopping, ruth's chris and other nice restaurants, hard rock cafe, big amc movie theater - there is none of that stuff in milwaukee.
    The area by Henry Maier Festival Park isn't too bad is it? Besides driving thru, Miller Park, some suburbs, and wherever the rave is, thats my extent of Milwaukee. Just realized I haven't come across a Michigan Ave (Chicago) like area, thought I just hadn't found it, now I am assuming it doesn't exist.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

calling kids "add" or "adhd" or "bipolar" (none of these things are real diseases or disorders)
    i assume you believe depression and schizophrenia aren't real disorders either?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Seaweed is sharp

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Yeah a funny guy....I bet the KC Chief suicide was a real knee slapper for you

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Seaweed has sharpest post in this thread

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    i assume you believe depression and schizophrenia aren't real disorders either?
    please show me one scientific meeting where anyone ever determined how to diagnose adhd as a real disorder or illness.

why do we have to treat every minor difference along a spectrum as a "disease" or "disorder"? the answer is to medicate it, thus feeding the beast of the u.s. pharmaceutical industry.

we have the most overmedicated population in the history of the world, look at the rates of medication in the u.s. versus other major countries and look at our problems and life expectancies vs theirs.

http://www.naturalnews.com/020227_ADHD_psychiatry.html

milwaukee mike

and in no way did i want to turn this portland tragedy into a personal rant against prescription meds. it's a sore spot for me because i have known a few people that died either directly or indirectly because of them.

so sorry for the tangent everyone, let's focus on how to prevent these kinds of tragedies from happening in the future. WAY too many of them lately.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

first time ive ever seen add and adhd lumped with bipolar

popcorn

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

exactly. Its like anything else if you want it badly enough you are going to get your hands on it. If a criminal wants a gun he is going to have one.

reading this shit makes me want to own a gun so I have one next time one of these crazy fukkers opens fire in a movie theater or mall.

12 Last