BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

If Roy Jones had fought Lennox Lewis after deafeating Ruiz, what would the line be?

This fight almost happened after RJJ defeated John Ruiz. Lennox Lewis would be coming off his win against Tyson.

What would Vegas had set the line at?

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Jones -230.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Bigdeem

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Lewis -400

Jones would have gotten destroyed.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

if u mean roy jones jr, ????? outweighed by too much

roy goes down in rd 1

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Or... What if Condit lost to Diaz, and then Diaz beat George Forman (in his prime) and then Diaz fought Mike Tyson (in his Prime) what would the line be???? Great thread.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Lewis -1900

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    Or... What if Condit lost to Diaz, and then Diaz beat George Forman (in his prime) and then Diaz fought Mike Tyson (in his Prime) what would the line be???? Great thread.
    Errr... Lennox Lewis was stripped of his heavyweight belt for refusing to fight John Ruiz, while Roy Jones Jr. moved up to heavyweight and beat Ruiz for the heavyweight belt. Jones was the first middleweight champion to win a heavyweight title in over a hundred years, and was considered unstoppable at the time, whilst Lennox was under criticism for being considered chinny, having been knocked out a couple of fights previously by an overmatched opponent, whom he KO'd in the rematch.

It's important to know the historical context of the OP's question before jumping to conclusions.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

This fight never would have happened. Roy was not going to fight a heavy handed large heavyweight under any circumstance. Ruiz was a one off and bulking up and then dropping back to light heavy likely sped up Roy's demise as best fighter in world.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

Lewis -450 Ruiz was a step up from a journeyman. Lewis would have destroyed Jones! Jones was one of my favorite fighters but anywhere north of 168 had trouble with any decent fighter, and with Lewis your talking about a 6'5'' legit heavyweight champ!

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Jones -230.
    Not a fukkkin chance

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Errr... Lennox Lewis was stripped of his heavyweight belt for refusing to fight John Ruiz, while Roy Jones Jr. moved up to heavyweight and beat Ruiz for the heavyweight belt. Jones was the first middleweight champion to win a heavyweight title in over a hundred years, and was considered unstoppable at the time, whilst Lennox was under criticism for being considered chinny, having been knocked out a couple of fights previously by an overmatched opponent, whom he KO'd in the rematch.

It's important to know the historical context of the OP's question before jumping to conclusions.
    Why respond to that? Guy clearly doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

here's a decent write up from when the fight was being discussed

if i was hanging a line it would've been lewis -800

What would happen if the true heavyweight champion of the world, Lennox Lewis, defended his title against the best fighter in the world pound-for-pound, Roy Jones Jr.? Fight fans can only hope they will find out at some point in the near future. While such a bout seemed incredibly unlikely only a few short months ago, now it appears to be the ONE fight that has the potential to capture the imagination of the general public.
    A fifty pound weight difference would make Lewis a prohibitive favorite but, after Jones' near flawless performance against an overmatched John Ruiz, it's probably not a good idea to put anything past Jones. As impressive a career as Lewis has had, he has never displayed the transcendant skills which place Jones in a class with the all-time greats. Jones, in fact, is now receiving comparisons to Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods as athletes who are truly head-and-shoulders above their peers. Those comparisons are well-deserved but fail to account for one important fact -- no one is punching Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods in the head. Jones proved he was more than up to the task of beating a competent - though plodding and one-dimensional - heavyweight in Ruiz. However, a very good - if not great - heavyweight might be another matter. But we'll only know if they actually get in the ring together which, unfortunately, does not appear to be in the near-term plans for either fighter. Lewis is looking at either Kirk Johnson or Vitaly Klitschko before a pointless - but lucrative - rematch with Mike Tyson. Jones is eyeing a faded Evander Holyfield as his next bout at heavyweight.
    Let's hope both fighters acknowledge the wishes of the fans and prove willing to put their reputation (Lewis' concern) and health (Jones' concern) on the line for what would prove to be a huge event and a tremendous payday for both.
    Prediction: Lewis, behind on points, catches Jones and retains his title via tenth round technical knockout

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i know some of you fukks aren't serious but there is no way roy jones would be favored.

it's like anderson silva fighting jon jones. advantage to the bigger guy...

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    Why respond to that? Guy clearly doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

Absolutely have no clue about Boxing, so yes you are right. But to speculate what the line would be on a bout that is never going to happen is kinda silly.

iQon

It's also kinda silly to not know anything about a sport, but blindly reply in a thread about it anyway. With nonsensical fantasy fights between MMA and boxers, no less.

Thread concept is fairly simple. The fight was discussed between both camps 10 years ago. Since it never came to fruition, what would the line be if they had agreed to fight each other?

JBRANIV
    JBRANIV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3012

Easily Lewis -800 or 900......fight would be a joke- i was at that Ruiz fight at it was like watching a labotomy. Ruiz's only skill was clutching, grabbing and going 90 rds with Holyfield when he was 84. Jones dominated a very weak division a loooong time ago.....his chin was eventually exposed...lewis in 3 EASY. ko

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's also kinda silly to not know anything about a sport, but blindly reply in a thread about it anyway. With nonsensical fantasy fights between MMA and boxers, no less.

Thread concept is fairly simple. The fight was discussed between both camps 10 years ago. Since it never came to fruition, what would the line be if they had agreed to fight each other?
    You don't need to know anything about a sport to question whether dissecting a fight THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN is a waste of time or not.

I swear they are paying some third world idiots to make the threads here. Phaget can't even spell "defeating". Deaf eating my niqqa. thug life tupac NIQQA!

I aint a killa but dont push me! Talking about pointless fights is the sweetest joy, next to getting pussy!

PS: Who paid MD to say jones -230. Was that you lou? I'm sure that little phaget is ready to argue for 20 pages as well. Lou, i love sbr, but boxing is dead because nobody can talk boxing with such phagets. mma fans love phagets like that though.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    Bigdeem
    first ever asian heavyweight champ

iQon

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    You don't need to know anything about a sport to question whether dissecting a fight THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN is a waste of time or not.

I swear they are paying some third world idiots to make the threads here. Phaget can't even spell "defeating". Deaf eating my niqqa. thug life tupac NIQQA!

I aint a killa but dont push me! Talking about pointless fights is the sweetest joy, next to getting pussy!

PS: Who paid MD to say jones -230. Was that you lou? I'm sure that little phaget is ready to argue for 20 pages as well. Lou, i love sbr, but boxing is dead because nobody can talk boxing with such phagets. mma fans love phagets like that though.
    I can tell you rode the short bus to school.

DeFactoCrippler

I can tell you rode the short bus to school.
    Oh, what a witty response! Surely the first time that gem has been used on the internet. I was warned about you sbr players talk sharps.

I take it you rode the regular bus? And that is why you are trying your darndest to start threads with random nerds on the internet about a fight that will never happen?

You must lead a rich life that only those who did not ride the short bus can afford.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Oh, what a witty response! Surely the first time that gem has been used on the internet. I was warned about you sbr players talk sharps.

I take it you rode the regular bus? And that is why you are trying your darndest to start threads with random nerds on the internet about a fight that will never happen?

You must lead a rich life that only those who did not ride the short bus can afford.
    Well he could have accused you of living in your moms basement so maybe you should cut him a little break

DeFactoCrippler

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Well he could have accused you of living in your moms basement so maybe you should cut him a little break
    Yeah or accuse me of being 12. Although I've been guilty of using that one myself, lol.

I'm just trying to help improve the quality of threads at sbr. If you are going to talk about some fantasy fights why not talk about something interesting.

Mike Tyson vs Bruce Lee

I say tyson smokes him. maybe even kills him with one punch. if the shit actually went down in the street, bruce lee would probably just book it and run.

Guy was a fake and a con artist. That one inch punch shit was fake, just some phaget jumping backwards when bruce hit his chest. they did it to get students to their school, clowns like kareem abdul jabbar. guy is a supposed master, i would knock his ass out. I would knock bruce lee's manlet ass too. would be more scared of fighting kareem, lol. bruce lee's rooster was probably hella small too.

Now there is a thought provoking post.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Yeah or accuse me of being 12. Although I've been guilty of using that one myself, lol.

I'm just trying to help improve the quality of threads at sbr.
    Yeah good luck with that By the way who do u think would win between UltraMan and Superman? I think Ultraman although a lot bigger, would have a tough time with the super fella..