riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Just boarded the new 787 Dreamliner. First Class flight back to LA. Full bar, free wifi, satellite TV and shit tons of space. This plane is ridiculous. Gonna sit back, place some bets, watch some games, enjoy some cognac and chill. How the fuk do I post pics from my iPhone?

riffraff24

Wow you can tint your windows as much as you want and lay all the way flat.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

nice, post the pics

riffraff24

I definitely will when I get back. Unless someone tells me how to do it from an iPhone.

riffraff24

Apparently once were in flight we can use our phones.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Where are u traveling from?

How much was the flight?

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Where are u traveling from?

How much was the flight?
    i would like to know also

riffraff24

From Houston to LA. Just a 2:45/3 hour flight and didn't pay shit. Used points. Make all my payments and my company expenses with the same card and rack up a shit ton of points.

riffraff24

The windows are sick. They dont have the pull down shades. You can adjust the tint level and even when it's black you can see through it.

photo2.jpg

riffraff24

sry the pics keep coming out sideways for some fukkin reason. i tried rotating them too but still...whatever

passed the fuk out

photo.jpg

riffraff24

riffraff24

riffraff24

Seat settings. Add lumbar support, lay all the way flat, lift your feet up. sick.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 11-19-15 at 09:01 AM. Reason: image does not exist

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

You lucky bastard!

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    You lucky bastard!
    Can't describe the experience man. I mean, your ears don't even pop in that plane. Smooth as shit. The design of the overhead compartments are kick ass too. they designed them at a slant so you can get your bags down without having to step into the aisles; it's basically directly above you. The bathrooms were all automatic. You open the door and the toilet cover just lifts up automatically.

It's great to finally see these kinds of planes in American fleets. Still not as good as Singapore air and some of the other Asian planes but holy shit it was amazing.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

What airline was it?

So you got to watch games on tv and drink cognac for free?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Btw not trying to be nosey but i need a job that pays for me to travel like that... What kind of work do you do and where do i sign up ? lol

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Btw not trying to be nosey but i need a job that pays for me to travel like that... What kind of work do you do and where do i sign up ? lol
    Believe it or not it was United. They just purchased 50 of these planes.

I was in the music industry for about 10 years. Left 7 months ago to take over the family business because my pops wants to retire and it was a better move for my future. Besides...Fuk working for someone else if you have the opportunity to work for yourself and your family.

I run a chemical company. We compound Latex, plastisols and TPEs if you know what those are. In other words...We make sex toys lol

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Surprised to hear they would use such planes for a short trip.. Usually when airliners buy new planes, they would use them for cross country flights, and use the older models for the shorter flights. Sounds like you were in luck, looks very nice! Gratz!
    Points Awarded:

70kgman gave Monitor-Tan 430 Betpoint(s) for this post.

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    Surprised to hear they would use such planes for a short trip.. Usually when airliners buy new planes, they would use them for cross country flights, and use the older models for the shorter flights. Sounds like you were in luck, looks very nice! Gratz!
    Yeah you're exactly right. The attendant told me they will eventually be used only for international flights. But it was their only active Dreamliner and they were using it domestically for now. They asked us how we liked it etc so i think it was both for training and to collect feedback before they go full on.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    Yeah you're exactly right. The attendant told me they will eventually be used only for international flights. But it was their only active Dreamliner and they were using it domestically for now. They asked us how we liked it etc so i think it was both for training and to collect feedback before they go full on.
    I initially thought it was weird for a domestic flight, but seeing as the most passengers any set-up of a 787 Dreamliner can fit is not even 300 people, it is reasonably sized to do domestic flights over 2.5-3 hours. I have to assume you were in first class given the seats that do all those things? And if so, what was coach like, any idea?

Also... Hopefully they have enough feedback already, because if this plane isn't a success, the entire US aviation industry is going to be in some serious trouble.

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    I initially thought it was weird for a domestic flight, but seeing as the most passengers any set-up of a 787 Dreamliner can fit is not even 300 people, it is reasonably sized to do domestic flights over 2.5-3 hours. I have to assume you were in first class given the seats that do all those things? And if so, what was coach like, any idea?

Also... Hopefully they have enough feedback already, because if this plane isn't a success, the entire US aviation industry is going to be in some serious trouble.
    Yeah I was in first class. I looked back at coach and coach looked great compared to regular coach seats you usually see. More space for sure and the seats looked a lot more comfortable. I do think these planes are going to help the American aviation industry immensely..

BON VIVANT
    I think; therefore I am.
    BON VIVANT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 397

Do you think the 787 is a game-changer? I have not been impressed by the new planes coming out recently. I've flown the 737-900 (United) and 737-800 (American/First Class) and they were nothing to write home about. I've noticed these new planes lack in-flight entertainment amenities but maybe Boeing figures more and more people have iPads/tablets, so they just install Wi-Fi and call it good.

IMO, a 777 with lie-flats in Business Class looks/feels better than the 787 from the photos I have seen so far...

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Great first post Bob!

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by BON VIVANT View Post
    Do you think the 787 is a game-changer? I have not been impressed by the new planes coming out recently. I've flown the 737-900 (United) and 737-800 (American/First Class) and they were nothing to write home about. I've noticed these new planes lack in-flight entertainment amenities but maybe Boeing figures more and more people have iPads/tablets, so they just install Wi-Fi and call it good.

IMO, a 777 with lie-flats in Business Class looks/feels better than the 787 from the photos I have seen so far...
    Bob, are you French?

BON VIVANT
    I think; therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    Bob, are you French?
    Lived there but I'm American. What about you?

riffraff24

The in-flight entertainment was actually quite good. They had direct TV, on demand, over 200 films to choose from, video games (also with multiplayer throughout the plane etc. You can also connect your ipad or ipod and stream videos you have directly onto your monitor. Not sure what else you would need beyond that.

The photos I posted do not do it justice. The plane was much more impressive in person. I have flown Singapore Air, Lufthansa, Turkish air etc and although it was not AS impressive, it was still really nice especially when compared to any other American fleet I have flown with.

BON VIVANT
    I think; therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    The in-flight entertainment was actually quite good. They had direct TV, on demand, over 200 films to choose from, video games (also with multiplayer throughout the plane etc. You can also connect your ipad or ipod and stream videos you have directly onto your monitor. Not sure what else you would need beyond that.

The photos I posted do not do it justice. The plane was much more impressive in person. I have flown Singapore Air, Lufthansa, Turkish air etc and although it was not AS impressive, it was still really nice especially when compared to any other American fleet I have flown with.
    Sounds similar to the gaming features used on some 737's in the Delta fleet. Sort of like trivia you could play with other passengers, right?

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Haha u with never fly economy class again

riffraff24

Sounds similar to the gaming features used on some 737's in the Delta fleet. Sort of like trivia you could play with other passengers, right?
    Well it had those typical games but had some pretty cool ones as well. Albeit most I have never heard of. Played bowling for a few mins, some first person shooter/hunting game, a racing game etc. It was better than the games offered on Virgin America.

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Haha u with never fly economy class again
    I stopped flying economy years ago on any flight over 2 hours.