wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

question about xbox games

So bought my son an xbox for his birthday. I honestly havent played video games since i had a nintendo 64 and was playing like madden 95. I also just bought the atari 30th year anniversery set and thats more my style since it only has one button and dig dug but heres the question. I am thinking about madden 13 but is it worth the 60 bucks? Like i said i am pretty new to the updated games. I also signed him up for x box live so does that mean i can play against others with madden and games? What other games out there are pretty cool? I am not a huge fan of player shooter games such as halo , but I have played a lot of games on the pc such as red alert and warcraft and like those types of games as well as sports games. I know those games are out of date, but again so I am I
    Thanks for the advice

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

havent played in a few yrs. But with xbox live you can def play against people.
    Can also have leagues where everyone gets a team or you draft a team and play the whole season out.

its not as easy as it was back in the day. But i got the hang of it after a few days. Unless it changed you should be fine. Just dont play these kids that play 24/7 you will get pissed fast

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6483

Madden 13 Is def worth it. Ill play you for some points bro. Pm me when you get it

wtt0315

going buy it off amazon. will let you know when i get it. you will kick my ass but i am a quick learner hopefully as long as manning is good
    Been playing skyrim which came with it and downloaded walking dead. I can see how these things are addictive. Son cant stop playing angry birds
    Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    Madden 13 Is def worth it. Ill play you for some points bro. Pm me when you get it

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Yea, Madden is sick. Also, I hate shooter games too, but came to enjoy Call of Duty.

Marv001
    Marv001's Avatar Become A Pro!

New Xbox coming out in time for next Christmas.

hugh613
    hugh613's Avatar Become A Pro!

FIFA and NBA2K are two of the better sports games in my opinion.

wtt0315

I was looking at the FIFA game. Looks pretty good
    Quote Originally Posted by hugh613 View Post
    FIFA and NBA2K are two of the better sports games in my opinion.

xstud
    xstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

NBA2K is a must buy. Amazing graphics, and controls are outstanding. Dead Island (FPS-Zombie game) is very cool, Batman Arkham City, Gears of War Series are all great games.

Best thing about the last 3 I listed is you can pick them up fairly cheap online (I believe average price about 20 bucks)

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Sounds like your son might be fighting to get some gaming time on his new Xbox

wtt0315

Yeah he already has. I bought him 1600 points and told him he could download something and went he got home I had use the points to download walking dead
    I then use an amazon gift card my wife got for our wedding to buy madden 13 hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Sounds like your son might be fighting to get some gaming time on his new Xbox

wtt0315

Yeah love the cheap games. The gears of war looks pretty cool. Can you get updates for the nba so it updates players or in a couple years does it just outdate?
    Quote Originally Posted by xstud View Post
    NBA2K is a must buy. Amazing graphics, and controls are outstanding. Dead Island (FPS-Zombie game) is very cool, Batman Arkham City, Gears of War Series are all great games.

Best thing about the last 3 I listed is you can pick them up fairly cheap online (I believe average price about 20 bucks)

xstud
    xstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

With all sports games, they stop updating rosters usually a few weeks before the season ends. 2k does a great job keeping rosters updated throughout the season though, but be prepared to buy annual installments every October if you want the most up to date rosters.

hugh613
    hugh613's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    Yeah love the cheap games. The gears of war looks pretty cool. Can you get updates for the nba so it updates players or in a couple years does it just outdate?
    I'm guessing NBA2K stops updating after a while (I usually ditch it just before the new one comes out, so I don't know), but the coolest thing is if you're tapped into XBox Live, it'll update the commentary. Ex: if you're playing a game with the Lakers this afternoon, Kevin Harlan will actually say something like "The Lakers coming off a 104-102 loss to the Rockets last night".

Also, if you're looking for some cheaper quality games, best to look for the XBox games that say "Platinum Hits".

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

So bought my son an xbox for his birthday. I honestly havent played video games since i had a nintendo 64 and was playing like madden 95. I also just bought the atari 30th year anniversery set and thats more my style since it only has one button and dig dug but heres the question. I am thinking about madden 13 but is it worth the 60 bucks? Like i said i am pretty new to the updated games. I also signed him up for x box live so does that mean i can play against others with madden and games? What other games out there are pretty cool? I am not a huge fan of player shooter games such as halo , but I have played a lot of games on the pc such as red alert and warcraft and like those types of games as well as sports games. I know those games are out of date, but again so I am I
    Thanks for the advice
    WTT - you should get NCAA Football 13. Play UGA vs Notre Dame and see how it plays out....oh what could have been pal.

:05...:04...:03...:02...:01 the clock is out...ALABAMA WINS and going to Miami as SEC CHAMPIONS!

I'm still looping the go ahead TD to Cooper and just watching the ball sail through the air in Atlanta and just nestle in his arms for that score.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wtt0315

wtt0315

Wonder if i can fire a coach and replay the game?
    Are you going to the game? If so let me know I live in palm beach and will take you over to the kennel club to play some poker bet some horses
    Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    WTT - you should get NCAA Football 13. Play UGA vs Notre Dame and see how it plays out....oh what could have been pal.

:05...:04...:03...:02...:01 the clock is out...ALABAMA WINS and going to Miami as SEC CHAMPIONS!

I'm still looping the go ahead TD to Cooper and just watching the ball sail through the air in Atlanta and just nestle in his arms for that score.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Wonder if i can fire a coach and replay the game?
    Are you going to the game? If so let me know I live in palm beach and will take you over to the kennel club to play some poker bet some horses
    I've looked at the second half of the game a few times now...still amazed at the back and forth effort on both sides. I've joked about the Dawgs being soft since the 'blackout' game a few years ago and their schedule path to the East but not anymore after they proved me wrong last weekend.

You can definitely change/build another coach on the xbox version...would be the first thing to do.

Wish I was going to the game. Damn priority struggle I've had to fight since the 09 championship run - Bama games vs kid's savings account . I'm in the 'tide pride' club and other alumni stuff but nowhere NEAR the amount of points to call in for these BCS tix this season. I'll be watching it from back in Tuscaloosa though so we can all flood out in the streets in a drunken celebration afterward.

SportsInteLect
    Update your status
    SportsInteLect's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 935

Madden 13 is awesome. I play it everyday. X-box live connects you to other players and the system puts you up against competition that fits your skill level.

I hate sometimes using the headphones though. The amount of shit talking is distracting and some of the shit people say can go over the top.

NCAA 13 is great and another one is Fight Night champion and never gets old.

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16291

All the EA Sports games are great.NB2K13 Is friggin awesome best bb game yet.Check out NHL13 Even if your not a hockey fan it is a must have ncaa 13 is pretty awesome too.