Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

confessions of a stiffer

ah, it's lunch time and I was checking out the forum and pz and say some very amusing stuff. I even say my name thrown out at forums i've never heard of or seen... "i'm" even posting at another site already, although amazingly I couldn't even spell my screen name right.... I was gonna give a long winded, detailed, names, amounts, numbers post. but I realize that the "audience" I'd be catering to isn't really worth that 10 mins, nor the disclosure of other posters' names... that's on them if they want to remain annymous or tell their story too.... but I won't snitch... I don't mind being the "bad guy deadbeat stiffer"..... and i'm bored of this..... I'm not sure why people are wasting 20 secs reading this opening paragraph... I'm just a bad man who stiff's people... but we love our soap operas, so get your popcorn, i'll try my best to recollect without digging through my spreadsheets and text messages...

here's the cliff notes I can type out from 1:00-1:45
    made a few paypal vs paypal bets with some people on the forum back in feb/march... including T.. I won 3 bets in a row, he paid each time in 1-2 days. just 25-50 bets

I get some pm's and emails from T about his website, i'm a bit wary... but 3 weeks later I decided to give it a try during college b-ball conference championships..

I figure i'll start small (i'm a small timer anyways... 5-25 dollar bets) I win a few weeks in a row, T pays via paypal in a very timely manner... (he promised to always pay within 16 hrs of the finish of the last game on sunday nights.)

(players had like 3 days to pay up to the bookie)

I won 2 weeks in a row and realized that in baskets you could BUY 5 full points at 6 cents a half point, from a reduced juice -104 line

so in other words you could play a -5.5 favorite buy it to -.5 at -164 and be playing the moneyline essentially at -164 on a ml fav around -280-300

using some math, arbs, scalps, middles ect I went on to win 8 straight weeks. But again small time stuff 100-250 bucks. payments were on time. but I knew this couldn't last. No way you can make $ giving those kind of numbers.

around the world baseball classic, I used to get alot of texts or im's from my bookie, about other players... what they were up, what they were down, who hadn't paid ect. some of that has even made its way to the forum, as apparently T, told ALOT of people who was betting with him.... this was a bit disconcerting
    but my bookie was confident, he told me that he was doing very well and was gonna "move off shore" in the near future and compete with A+ books. He even had bought a website address for his new book already.

early nba playoffs, and their were no middles... all games were blowouts one way or the other... so there went my 10 point middles and value on point buys. so I lost a few weeks in a row for the first time and pretty big for a small timer like me... I paid no problem. I think I was on a 3 week losing streak, when I started to win big via nba finals especially game 6 live betting on the lakers... AND mlb which i'm actually good at.

won close to 600 somthing one week
    won 100 somthing another week
    won another 100 somthing....

NO payments, BUT at least I got an email and 1-2 texts everyday saying "payment is going out tonight"

I said, fuk this I fuked around with my account to take a shot at my bookie, since I'd been lied to.... I ending up losing back most of that 700 hundred.

27 days after I was first owed the 500+ I finally got the "difference" via paypal it amounted to about 110 bucks. I asked what the story was, why it had taken so long, "was it other's slow paying" but was ignored and alternately lied to... meanwhile many other posters and friends that were ALSO not getting paid, or had already given up on being paid.....lost....and stiffed...

it was clear there was no more real money coming out of NYC, due to others stiffing, slow pays, and too many people catching on to the 5 point buys at -164 near the end of the playoffs.

I played one more "small time" week of 5-10 buck wagers, won about 60 bucks....

didn't get paid day 1, 2,3,4,5,6,7 and this time no lies or "payment will go out tonight" messages..... just silence

about 3-4 threads were started at that time, about T stiffing them, "where's my payment" ect. I actually don't think any of those were true, but they were reflections of the "real" players that people don't know about it, posters here, and posters at other sites. We all communicated in different ways, to colloborate and find if who had been paid, how much, and when... the writing on the wall was that, the $ had dried up.

so it was time to get out, but I was bitter so I tried to take one last "shot", a shot I knew wouldn't be able to be paid on anyways

I made a series of max 300 limit bets on dogs in MMA, late MLB games, and whatever else was bettable late sunday night. end of the night I was down 1680..

I sent T a message, saying you honestly don't expect to get this $. you knew I was taking a shot, you haven't paid, you've lied, you've slow paid, you haven't even shown you you can cover 500 dollar bets.

he replied saying he knew I was taking a shot and he made it apparent he was upset that I implied that he couldn't cover my small time bets. That's mainly what he was concerned about... telling me that he DID have $ and how he paid soooo much money just to have various sbr posters play at "his book"
    I mean i'd be embarrassed to if I couldn't pay a 5 dollar bettor for almost a month. and only paid when a 600 tab was run down to 100

anywho, long way of saying, as i've said to my bookie, the forum/pz, and chat for the last 3 days.... I'm a bad bad degen stiffing asshole.

enjoy your popcorn and stone throwing, i'm sure I deserve it

ryanspeer2001
    Punta Cana '15
    ryanspeer2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I really respect the full disclosure of your incident and hope that this thread can go a bit before being torn into a mess of lies and arguments. I wonder how many other people had a similar route like you with regards to taking a shot and not getting paid, or even better taking a shot and getting paid a big amount.

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

In my book you have always been a good guy here and still feel that way! If your story is legit, I can see your frustration but as you realize now, you should not have placed any more bets! What purpose would it serve to be owed more money that you would not expect to get! Good luck with everything my friend!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I hope a lesson is learned here. Betting on credit is not a viable option for the small time recreational bettor. I have said it since day 1 when CW came around that unless you have a bankroll of real money it is not wise to gamble on credit. Maybe some people reading this sad story can learn a lesson or two in life.

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Why aren't you paying Herman on lost side bets?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

glad you reminded me bread, this was another bit of interesting info that englishmark thought he was so0000 sly to disclose, like herman and I hadn't MADE a THREAD on this and talked openly in chat a month ago about this.........

I lost a 600 dollar bet to mr. onthewhat, I forced it upon him, so he should not be punished. when we made the bet I begged for him to exchange paypal account info with me, but he said he dealt in cash only... and we would settle up at the bash....

so unless I've slept through the bash, i'm not a stifferx2 yet

I have no doubt herman would have paid, so i'll do likewise

SSLP
    SSLP's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best post ever , Archie.

Thats what happens when u mess around with a Mickey Mouse outfit .

He ran his outfit through a PPH in Heredia that I know

Bread
    Living corpse

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    glad you reminded me bread, this was another bit of interesting info that englishmark thought he was so0000 sly to disclose, like herman and I hadn't MADE a THREAD on this and talked openly in chat a month ago about this.........

I lost a 600 dollar bet to mr. onthewhat, I forced it upon him, so he should not be punished. when we made the bet I begged for him to exchange paypal account info with me, but he said he dealt in cash only... and we would settle up at the bash....

so unless I've slept through the bash, i'm not a stifferx2 yet

I have no doubt herman would have paid, so i'll do likewise
    OK I would hope so...because a combination of these two stories would make you pretty deplorable in my book...not that you care.

But I've always thought you were an alright guy and surprised to even see you taking a shot at someone in any situation...but whatever.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Three sides to every story. I shall withhold judgment.

Not cool to take a shot. Should have severed ties long before.
    Last edited by sickler; 07-21-09 at 02:09 PM.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

They way I was brought up is one wrong doesn't justify another wrong.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

4 things

1-how can u play with a total stranger u dont even know.. you gotta be nuts.. i wouldnt trust anyone on a forum for even 25 bucks..

2- and he asked me to trust him for 20k with 1 cent lines?? omg...Like i didn't know this would happen.lol

3- you shouldnt have taken a shot at him either, you should have waited till you got paid before betting again

4- you should pay onner..

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

"If" the timeline of events Chi claims is accurate, it's buffling (hi pavy) as to why he continued to play there.

If you're owed money and there are indications that the bookie is having difficulties paying out, don't place anymore bets and wait to receive your funds (if you should be so fortunate to receive it). Then it's time to part ways.

Bread
    Living corpse

Wow I agree with Nicky. Holy cow.

I've been guilty of some of these same risks, and been burnt before, and some that ended up working out just fine.

But I've never taken a shot at anyone. I would buy a drink for the biggest dickhead here (besides myself) before I would really care to hangout with a stiff who gloats about stiffing.

Must be something about the Midwest. 5starbum, Stiffkhas, and if the story is how it looks here, Archie. I'm kinda saddened bout Archie being there.

And most ppl know I enjoy giving Herman a hard time, but I truly hope he ends up getting paid. We'll see...

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

never ends with this guy

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Looks like this forum bookie conned almost everyone

he must of had like 1k bankroll.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Bread View Post
    But I've never taken a shot at anyone.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Bread
    Living corpse

Thanks Pavystotle

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

Pavy is a walking fortune cookie lately...

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I'm not gonna read all that. But, damn:

I won 2 weeks in a row and realized that in baskets you could BUY 5 full points at 6 cents a half point, from a reduced juice -104 line
    Can I have a 25k credit line Soprano?

blittydeuce
    blittydeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

How did BigAL take the news?

SSLP
    SSLP's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    I'm not gonna read all that. But, damn:

Quote:
    Can I have a 25k credit line Soprano?

durito has a point , Tsprano was booking himself after that .. hahah what a rookie

Cwissy Coolcat
    Cwissy Coolcat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Howid -3

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    ah, it's lunch time and I was checking out the forum and pz and say some very amusing stuff. I even say my name thrown out at forums i've never heard of or seen... "i'm" even posting at another site already, although amazingly I couldn't even spell my screen name right.... I was gonna give a long winded, detailed, names, amounts, numbers post. but I realize that the "audience" I'd be catering to isn't really worth that 10 mins, nor the disclosure of other posters' names... that's on them if they want to remain annymous or tell their story too.... but I won't snitch... I don't mind being the "bad guy deadbeat stiffer"..... and i'm bored of this..... I'm not sure why people are wasting 20 secs reading this opening paragraph... I'm just a bad man who stiff's people... but we love our soap operas, so get your popcorn, i'll try my best to recollect without digging through my spreadsheets and text messages...

here's the cliff notes I can type out from 1:00-1:45
    made a few paypal vs paypal bets with some people on the forum back in feb/march... including T.. I won 3 bets in a row, he paid each time in 1-2 days. just 25-50 bets

I get some pm's and emails from T about his website, i'm a bit wary... but 3 weeks later I decided to give it a try during college b-ball conference championships..

I figure i'll start small (i'm a small timer anyways... 5-25 dollar bets) I win a few weeks in a row, T pays via paypal in a very timely manner... (he promised to always pay within 16 hrs of the finish of the last game on sunday nights.)

(players had like 3 days to pay up to the bookie)

so in other words you could play a -5.5 favorite buy it to -.5 at -164 and be playing the moneyline essentially at -164 on a ml fav around -280-300

using some math, arbs, scalps, middles ect I went on to win 8 straight weeks. But again small time stuff 100-250 bucks. payments were on time. but I knew this couldn't last. No way you can make $ giving those kind of numbers.

around the world baseball classic, I used to get alot of texts or im's from my bookie, about other players... what they were up, what they were down, who hadn't paid ect. some of that has even made its way to the forum, as apparently T, told ALOT of people who was betting with him.... this was a bit disconcerting
    but my bookie was confident, he told me that he was doing very well and was gonna "move off shore" in the near future and compete with A+ books. He even had bought a website address for his new book already.

early nba playoffs, and their were no middles... all games were blowouts one way or the other... so there went my 10 point middles and value on point buys. so I lost a few weeks in a row for the first time and pretty big for a small timer like me... I paid no problem. I think I was on a 3 week losing streak, when I started to win big via nba finals especially game 6 live betting on the lakers... AND mlb which i'm actually good at.

won close to 600 somthing one week
    won 100 somthing another week
    won another 100 somthing....

NO payments, BUT at least I got an email and 1-2 texts everyday saying "payment is going out tonight"

I said, fuk this I fuked around with my account to take a shot at my bookie, since I'd been lied to.... I ending up losing back most of that 700 hundred.

27 days after I was first owed the 500+ I finally got the "difference" via paypal it amounted to about 110 bucks. I asked what the story was, why it had taken so long, "was it other's slow paying" but was ignored and alternately lied to... meanwhile many other posters and friends that were ALSO not getting paid, or had already given up on being paid.....lost....and stiffed...

it was clear there was no more real money coming out of NYC, due to others stiffing, slow pays, and too many people catching on to the 5 point buys at -164 near the end of the playoffs.

I played one more "small time" week of 5-10 buck wagers, won about 60 bucks....

didn't get paid day 1, 2,3,4,5,6,7 and this time no lies or "payment will go out tonight" messages..... just silence

about 3-4 threads were started at that time, about T stiffing them, "where's my payment" ect. I actually don't think any of those were true, but they were reflections of the "real" players that people don't know about it, posters here, and posters at other sites. We all communicated in different ways, to colloborate and find if who had been paid, how much, and when... the writing on the wall was that, the $ had dried up.

so it was time to get out, but I was bitter so I tried to take one last "shot", a shot I knew wouldn't be able to be paid on anyways

I made a series of max 300 limit bets on dogs in MMA, late MLB games, and whatever else was bettable late sunday night. end of the night I was down 1680..

I sent T a message, saying you honestly don't expect to get this $. you knew I was taking a shot, you haven't paid, you've lied, you've slow paid, you haven't even shown you you can cover 500 dollar bets.

he replied saying he knew I was taking a shot and he made it apparent he was upset that I implied that he couldn't cover my small time bets. That's mainly what he was concerned about... telling me that he DID have $ and how he paid soooo much money just to have various sbr posters play at "his book"
    I mean i'd be embarrassed to if I couldn't pay a 5 dollar bettor for almost a month. and only paid when a 600 tab was run down to 100

anywho, long way of saying, as i've said to my bookie, the forum/pz, and chat for the last 3 days.... I'm a bad bad degen stiffing asshole.

enjoy your popcorn and stone throwing, i'm sure I deserve it
    archie archie archie

you knew what you were doing pal. now youre just a fckin clown.

but since you seem so proud to be a stiff, you should put this thread in your sig.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is what happens to credit books that slow pay. No big deal really unless you care what people like Bread or Pavy think of you. And if that matters than you should quit gambling because you got serious issues.

Bread
    Living corpse

I care what YOU think of ME, Stiffkhas!

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Richkas View Post
    This is what happens to credit books that slow pay. ...
    fixed that for ya, uncle richie

werent you an inaugural member of the cw stiff list?

onthewhat
    onthewhat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fair enough Archie

We will see if you show at the bash.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Quote Originally Posted by Richkas View Post
    This is what happens to credit books that slow pay. No big deal really unless you care what people like Bread or Pavy think of you. And if that matters than you should quit gambling because you got serious issues.

HEy richie how come you dont like BRead. What is wrong with that d.....s.....t......t....

Please let me know cause I think he is different but ..........

Bread
    Living corpse

Hi Lakerboy!

You be good. I'd hate to have you banned again OK?

Wait was that you or Dutchman? I honestly don't know the difference between you two.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Quote Originally Posted by Bread View Post
    Hi Lakerboy!

You be good. I'd hate to have you banned again OK?

Wait was that you or Dutchman? I honestly don't know the difference between you two.
    Stop it Bread we are not all one of a kind you know. There will never be another Bread. Thank God

unknown Gambler
    unknown Gambler's Avatar Become A Pro!

It took 48 hours for that declaration of doing the wrong thing since March.

The bad news.

Your now a proven stiff!

If memory serves me right you were the leader of the YGG gang, if it still exists you must be impeached.

Your now an official member of WVUs stifflist.

Your forum rep is ruined, for whatever thats worth.

The Good News.

You confessed.
    You came in here full well knowing the heat your going to recieve, unlike Casper who flew away.
    You have many people here who like you.
    If this had happened at Credit wagering you be classified a superstiff, (got paid then didnt pay)

KingRevolver
    KingRevolver's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by unknown Gambler View Post
    It took 48 hours for that declaration of doing the wrong thing since March.

The bad news.

Your now a proven stiff!

If memory serves me right you were the leader of the YGG gang, if it still exists you must be impeached.

Your now an official member of WVUs stifflist.

Your forum rep is ruined, for whatever thats worth.

The Good News.

You confessed.
    You came in here full well knowing the heat your going to recieve, unlike Casper who flew away.
    You have many people here who like you.
    If this had happened at Credit wagering you be classified a superstiff, (got paid then didnt pay)
    Who is this Unknown Gambler? I like this dude. Very mysterious

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

just to be clear, my post was a confession, ie, admitting of wrong doing. people made some great points in this thread. I coulda and shoulda walked away. no excuses, i'm not trying to defend what I did. just trying to stop the rumors, lies, half-truths out there.

you don't have to like me, forgive me, reply to my posts, read my posts, open my threads. you can even hit the ignore poster function. You can also continue pretend to know motives, my life situation, my opinion of myself ect.... that's actually kinda entertaining. I think I read some where I "think" that i'm a "saint" and a real-estate agent. I like the fiction

and for what's it worth, i'm not trying to drag someone's name through the mud, I told T this myself. I don't think he intended to stop paying people, he didn't forsee the problems his business model had, I don't think he was planning to prey on people. He seemed like a good guy, for 2-3 months he was very straight forward and seemed to really try to help/please his customer. I just wish he would have been up front when he suddenly couldn't pay people, and that he wouldn't have lied about the situation daily. but I couldn't control that. but I could have controlled how I responded, as its been pointed out, and I made a mistake at that juncture.

shalom

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by losturmarbles View Post
    fixed that for ya, uncle richie

werent you an inaugural member of the cw stiff list?
    CW doesnt slow pay anybody. They pay fast.

And I am like Robin Hood except a little different. I steal from the rich and give it to me. And I will kill anybody that gets in my way.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

[quote=unknown Gambler;2041927]

i'm a stiff, and I'll take my medicine.... but please do some research before you accuse me of being part of the YGG that's just silly

I think all you need to know about me is what I posted in this thread... and its understandable if you come away with a low opinion.....

but let's stick to facts

123 Last