TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Getting back stolen stuff?

Anybody have any idea how to go about tracking down stolen golf clubs. Had mine stolen from my cart at the local golf course (in cart house). Contacted police and currently writing down all the pawn shops and used golf stores in the area. Anybody have any decent ideas?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

That's about all you can do. Just keep calling or going to the pawn shops, they need an ID to pawn anything so you can catch them that way. Other than that, you're probably out of luck, dickhead probably sold them on the street or is using them himself.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

watch craigslist and ebay . go check out dicks and golf galaxies in your area. Hopefully you have receipts and serial numbers

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1091

Fuk'in thieves! Steal a man's golf clubs while he's at the course! Hard to track clubs because they're so many places they can be sold. A note for next time, when you get a new set, buy a small metal engraver and mark your initials on each club.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Fuk'in thieves! Steal a man's golf clubs while he's at the course! Hard to track clubs because they're so many places they can be sold. A note for next time, when you get a new set, buy a small metal engraver and mark your initials on each club.

wish I wrote down the serial numbers. That would have been smart

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    That's about all you can do. Just keep calling or going to the pawn shops, they need an ID to pawn anything so you can catch them that way. Other than that, you're probably out of luck, dickhead probably sold them on the street or is using them himself.
    small town, I think I have a good idea who it is and he would have to sell them but who knows to where

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    watch craigslist and ebay . go check out dicks and golf galaxies in your area. Hopefully you have receipts and serial numbers

I filed the police report and gave them everything as specific as possible I had in my bag. I'm going to call Dick's now, but the nearest golf galaxy is an hour away.

TPowell

The real kicker is whoever it was broke into golf carts and were sifling gas out as well.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I filed the police report and gave them everything as specific as possible I had in my bag. I'm going to call Dick's now, but the nearest golf galaxy is an hour away.
    you might want to check it anyhow an hour isnt that far for thieves looking to cover tracks