High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

GoPro Hero 3...insight would be appreciated

I am interested in buying the black edition, which was just released. I am interested if anyone has purchased this model, or any of the older GoPro 2 models. Any information would be appreciated.

High3rEl3m3nt

meant to post this in the saloon. sorry.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

the black edition releases on 14th , I was pre ordering it and that is what I found.
    Either way, black edition is the way to go if money isnt the issue.
    4k video is pointless unless u have a 4k tv which is mad expensive
    I am interested in it for the advanced video recording capabilities when compared to white/silver.
    The added wifi adapter and waterproof case is a plus as well, wifi will come in handy while recording inside the car and waterproof case will do wonders snorkeling or attaching to jet ski etc.
    Points Awarded:

High3rEl3m3nt gave sneakerhead 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: High3rEl3m3nt

High3rEl3m3nt

I may have misinterpreted the listing. I think you are right. I have big plans to use it this winter and summer. It's one of the best that industry has to offer, right? From what I have seen, it appears that way.

For those that do not understand what sneaker and I are speaking about:

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

For consumer, it is probably the best out there, in my opinion at least.
    I am also interested in the time lapse feature, especially on water since SLRs cannot be used there lol

soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hands down the GoPro's are the best for what they're made for.

Even the new jvc competitor is garbage and gopro video quality is stunning. With the addition of wifi in the hero3, using your smartphone as a screen is a huge bonus when you want to line up your shot. Takes fantastic stills at 12mp also. I've used the hero2 and will be upgrading for sure

High3rEl3m3nt

Sneaker, check in. Did you buy this? I have been too busy and haven't made it down to the local bestbuy. Reading some really bad reviews so far. Lot's of firmware issues and an even shorter batterylife than GoPro hero2. Now, I'm not sure I want to buy right now. Hate it when companies release products that are still in beta. What's your take on this? Anyone else that has a take on this, please share.