ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Barber Shops, the last bastion of Americana.

Boys, barbers are retiring at an alarming rate. Took me over a year to find a new barber after my last barber retired.

Supercuts, and all that bullshit is anti-american, and they do a terrible job.

Just got my hair chopped, talked with the old heads about a ton of shit, much of it gambling and how this country is going to shit.

Pick we seemed to agree on was the under in the Pitt/Uconn game.

Good luck, gents! Make sure to support your local barber.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

fuk supercuts

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

I've cut my hair with the same guy for 9 years since I was 14. Just yesterday I was over there getting cut up and he mentioned that there was a "shop" three doors down and his recommendation could have had me in there. It got shut down recently due to that High School football betting business.

Good barbers have great connections. I see this guy sometimes around town and he gets me into exclusive parties for free.
    Last edited by JayLA; 11-09-12 at 11:13 AM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Again... money makes the world go around. There really aren't any family owned businesses anymore. Big investors have merged their money in forming franchises that eliminates the small guy. You can't beat them in advertising, volume, accessories, and pricing. That's why the small barber shop can't make it anymore. It takes one savvy genius to create an amazing formula to beat excessive firepower (corporate money.) That's why the American Dream... owning a business... pretty much in sh#$.

nyyanks773
    nyyanks773's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

barber here seems to be doing well, pretty cheap at 12 bucks a cut and always gotta wait, little shack i think people prefer small business over the chains at least here

ChalkyDog

Agreed with everything stated.

I'd cut my own damn hair with some $20 clippers before I spend a dime at those supercut bullshit places.

And WTF mods? This thread included a gambling pick - for the purpose of disguising this PSA as an appropriate PT thread.

Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10382

What about bait shops?

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Foosball Champ View Post
    What about bait shops?
    Depends. Usually just buy them from the closest shop, with little regard. Night Crawlers are Night Crawlers, except from wal-mart - those things are emaciated.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Love my local... a real pro.