Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Should a Person/Company get wealthy treating the sick & injured ?

Doctors , Nurses , Healthcare Industry and the like...

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Scammers

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy0607 View Post

Scammers

that's a NO ?

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    YES! We need the best and brightest individuals going into the medical field. How else do you propose we get them there besides offering high salaries? At the same time, corporations should cut into their profits some, some OTC costs $8, basically the same stuff but with a prescription can cost upwards of $250 without insurance.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

As a guy whose wife was a Nurse at a "Home" for the elderly I simply must say Yes. But it needs to be reversed the poor people (like my wife) whom provide the care get very little compensation especially in regards to their duties. Tell me Odom do you think it unreasonable to want to be paid well to clean off shit from an Old person?

Do your parents/grandparents not deserve a caring person whose paid for a task you would never do? As far as big corporations & hospitals. NO. Those are huge scams that provide very little care and are often incompetent

Sam Odom

Boys , this is an open Question...

Sammy believes this will be a major issue/question in the next 2 yrs

BTW- Sammy's wife is a RN

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

The medical professionals in the medical industry actually providing quality care and research? Yes........

Insurance/pharmaceutical companies who's main goal is profit instead of care? Never........

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Boy , this is an open Question...

Sammy believes this will be a major issue/question in the next 2 yrs

BTW- Sammy's wife is a RN
    So then you understand where I'm coming from Sammy. The Nurses are often the most trained people on Staff and do the most work for the least amount of pay. It's thankless, but they don't do it for the rewards.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post

...pharmaceutical companies who's main goal is profit instead of care? Never........

How would that affect cutting edge research and new meds ?

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by borednaz View Post

The Nurses are often the most trained people on Staff and do the most work for the least amount of pay.

Not the lease amount $$$ , not for RNs in Cali anyhow ... but they do do most of the 'doctoring'

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Not the lease amount $$$ , not for RNs in Cali anyhow ... but they do do most of the 'doctoring'
    Here in Arizona RN's, LPNs are extremely under paid. Do you know the average salary offering here for a RN is 36k. That's hospital ER not care center or normal care. LPN's start at 24-28k.

Sam Odom

Wow

In San Diego RN = 75-85K

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

How would that affect cutting edge research and new meds ?
    When profit is your only goal, you have what we have now, tons of worthless medication that only masks the underlying causes which are nothing more than "placebo effect" in most cases, the "placebo effect" from the market point of view is designed to make huge profits while keeping the patient sick instead of finding an actual cure.....

Keeping people sick is big business and business is good......

It is what it is............

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Hmm. Cost of living in San Diego is more, but If we factored in cost of living we'd still be averaging about 60k in comparison.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9388

Fine with me

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Should anybody be paid more than those who devote their lives to improving the health of our species?

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Here in Arizona RN's, LPNs are extremely under paid. Do you know the average salary offering here for a RN is 36k. That's hospital ER not care center or normal care. LPN's start at 24-28k.
    Time for bored and mrs bored to shop her services man, wages have always been bad here in Arizona. Years ago I knew some nurses at Banner that were recruited and moved to Seattle for more money.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

As for the pharmaceutical companies for every drug they get approved there are about 12-15 drugs that never see the light of day. they eat that cost, so when they do get a home run they jam the price up to make up for the R & D for the failed drugs. Plus they have a drug patent that will only be for about 8-10 years, then the generics can come to market.

With that said I'm okay with them making a profit but no way should it been in the billions.

billyloco
    et5tdFRy
    billyloco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1620

WOW!...I just called a older RN (Emergency Care Travel) friend if my wifes in Phoenix and she verified
    that she has a neighbor whose daughter just became a RN in a childrens hospital in Phoenix and
    was hired in at $37,200 with a promised raise in 6 months to $40,200. Anne said if she actually gets that raise before a year she would be suprised. She makes $66,000 and does M-F .. but has worked Sat & Sun for some home health companies.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

i like the part where you lump nurses together with doctors

pretty similar skill/education/intelligence levels wouldn't you say?

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

yes of course, but a person/company should NOT get wealthy from knowingly or intentionally harming someone or some people, directly or indirectly

which is why stealing is wrong, for instance. The fact that a thief benefits financially from stealing is not a justification for stealing being ok.

that is never the case with individual doctors and nurses

it is often the case with drug companies, hospital corporations, and insurance companies