Betpoints: 37

Beware of the Chupacabra

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

C+ poster

Longevity does not equal quality sometimes
    Last edited by InTheDrink; 10-26-12 at 11:09 PM.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Link Not Working - Removed-)
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-19-14 at 05:19 PM.

in2thethickofit
    in2thethickofit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

uh, ok. will do.

Sam Odom

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

posting your baby pictures?

Sam Odom

Attached Images  

in2thethickofit
    in2thethickofit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The nose ring ties it all together.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Strafford Family Baffled After Catching Mystery Animal
    <small>OarkFirst ^ | Nov 14, 2011 | Joy Robertson</small>
    <small>Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 1:29:03 PM by nickcarraway</small>

Ozarks family might have a mystery on its hands -- in the form of an odd animal that attacked and killed some chickens in the neighborhood.
    After weeks of wondering, they finally spotted the yellow-eyed culprit, but they're wondering what it is.
    On Tim Stroll's remote Strafford property, there are goats and horses. There used to be others. "Next thing was, my chickens were disappearing."
    Stoll was really taken aback when he found a bird on his porch brutalized, but alive.
    "Whatever it was, it was killing animals in broad daylight."
    Then last Saturday, Stoll and his step-son Dalton Pennington saw something odd.
    "My stepson and I looked out the window and he said, 'whoa, what's that?'"
    "It could be something like a wolf, but that's not a wolf," says Pennington.
    "He said, 'should I get the gun?' And I said, 'yeah, whatever it is needs to go."'
    One shot, and the pair had a mystery on their hands. What was it?
    "Mangy coyote?" asks Stroll. "A diseased animal or something?"
    Conservation agents agreed, but Stoll's son Charley didn't.
    "I told them to look it up on Google," says Tim's son Charley.
    "He looked at it, and he was like, 'that's a Chupacabra."'
    "And I just said, 'whoa, that's it! That's the animal!'" says Stroll.
    The Chupacabra. The mythical donkey-sucker that kills animals and sucks their blood has reportedly shown up in Puerto Rico, Mexico and Texas -- but Missouri?
    "The teeth," adds Pennington. "The hair on it."
    Now History Channel's 'Monster Quest' wants a closer look at the skinny, leathery critter. And so does Dalton.
    "I'd like to see what it actually is, and know if there's more of them," says Pennington.
    Stoll is inclined to agree with conservation's opinion. But during the interview, the family realized something -- about the goat herd.
    "We're just discovering while we're talking to you that we have one goat unaccounted for. So, we don't know what to do next. Should the story just end or should we continue looking? I don't know."
    The Conservation and the Nature Center say they're certain it's a coyote.
    The family has some tissue samples in a freezer, and a producer for 'Monster Quest' says they may send someone to town to see the animal. There's never been a credible finding of any chupacabra. But as of today, the family's missing goat has still not been found.

Chupacabra Killed by Teen in Texas

July 21st, 2011 | Author: BBParks
    A Texas teenager, Carter Pope, killed what is said to a resemble a Chupacabra in the small town of La Salle, Texas.

According to sources, Pope woke up and saw a strange looking creature in an open field.

He told WOAl 4 that… “It just walked across and started shaking, slowly moving across. No hair at all on it. It’s back legs were shriveled up. I mean, I honestly think it’s a El Chupacabra.”
    The strange creature was shot three times.
    Popes father was skeptical until he actually saw the creature and told KENS5 that he was shocked by what he saw and that “I can believe it either way. I know it looks like nothing I have ever personally seen before,”
    Stories of El Chupacabra began to surfaced in March 1995. According to sources after blood-drained goats began showing up in Puerto. By the year 2000, the Chupacabra frenzy began to die down. In 2004, Texas livestock were being attacked. A farmer killed one in Texas and carcasses began to turn up. These creature thought to have been a Chapacabra looked nothing like the ones sighted in Puerto, Rico. DNA test were completed on the strange looking creatures and it turned out to be coyotes with really bad mange.
    In August 2010 a Texas newspaper printed an eyewitness description of a creature, which appeared to be 4 to 5 feet tall with spikes down its back, long, thin arms and legs, and a strange oblonged, it had no hair and it’s eyes were black and red. head with red or black eyes and hairless.So was the creature shot by Pope an actual Chupacabra? Hair and skin samples have been sent to determine just what it was that was shot. Perhaps then we can solve the mystery of this most unattractive looking beast.
    In the case of Carter’s Chupacabra caper, the teen took hair and skin samples for testing to put an end to the mystery once and for all. BTW….El Chapacbra means “goat sucker.”
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-17-14 at 12:07 PM.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

SIMPSON COUNTY, MS (WLBT) - Truitt Barnard caught a strange animal lurking on his Simpson county property.
    "Weirdest looking animal I've seen in my 50 years of hunting," said Barnard.
    Barnard pulled out his rifle and dropped whatever it was at 130 yards, then went up to get a closer look.
    Barnard says, "It had a long face, no hair, red rough hide, his ears were rounded, had double canines, they were 3/4 better inch long."
    Barnard took pictures of the animal, which are remarkably similar to a Chupacabra. The word means goat sucker in Spanish. Some say they even suck the blood of their prey, adding more to the Chupacabra mystery. The beastly looking animal, some say is only a legend, and rarely seen, was first discovered in South America, now apparently making appearances in the Magnolia State.
    "I saw the ones in Texas that look identical to it, the pictures are identical to it with the rounded ears and all of it," says Barnard.
    We showed the pictures to wildlife officials, but they were skeptical.
    Jim Walker of the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks says, "It's some sort of dog, canine, possible some type of coyote with severe mange."
    Barnard is sure of what he killed saying, "It's not a dog, it's not a coyote."
    Copyright, WLBT News, 2011. All Rights Reserved.