bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Does anyone else here watch the show Kitchen Nightmares...if so check this out!

I love this show, the whole emotions involved with a business going bankrupt and then the "happy ending" of turning it all around and of course throughout the show chef Ramsey just nonstop sarcastic jabs and cutting through the bullshit and layin it out for these owners of terrible restaurants is great entertainment imo

BUT....

As much as I love this show today I got curious how have these restaurants done looking back years later and so I googled it and the result shocked me

Sure I thought many of them would be closed (some of the owners are just fuckin jokes that couldnt run a lemonade stand) but given their seemingly miraculous makeovers and turnarounds its kinda shocking to see these results.

Here is every restaurant on the show for the past 5 years of the US version of Kitchen Nightmares and their current status

US
    S01E01 - Peter's - Babylon, NY **closed**
    S01E02 - Dillon's - New York, NY **renamed Purnima, closed**
    S01E03 - Mixing Bowl - Bellmore, NY **closed**
    S01E04 - Seascape - Islip, NY **sold** **closed**
    S01E05 - Olde Stone Mill - Tuckahoe, NY **Sold**
    S01E06 - Sebastian's - Toluca Lake, CA **closed**
    S01E07 - Finn McCool's - Westhampton, NY **Sold**
    S01E08 - Lela's - Pomona, CA **closed**
    S01E09 - Campania - Fair Lawn, NJ **sold, then closed** 3 years later
    S01E10 - Secret Garden - Moorpark, CA

S02E01 - Handlebar - Mount Sinai, NY **closed**
    S02E02 - Giuseppe's - Macomb Township, MI **closed**
    S02E03 - Trobiano's - Great Neck, NY **closed**
    S02E04 - Black Pearl - New York, NY **closed**
    S02E05 - J Willy's - South Bend, IN **closed**
    S02E06 - Hannah & Mason's - Cranbury, NJ **closed**
    S02E07 - Jack's Waterfront - St. Clair Shores, MI **closed**
    S02E08 - Sabatiello's - Stamford, CT **closed**
    S02E09 - Fiesta Sunrise - West Nyack, NY **closed**
    S02E10 - Santé La Brea - Los Angeles, CA**closed**
    S02E11 - Cafe 36 - La Grange, IL **closed**

S03E01 - Hot Potato Cafe - Philadelphia, PA **closed**
    S03E02 - Flamangos - Whitehouse Station, NJ **renamed The Junction** **closed**
    S03E03 - Bazzini - Ridgewood, NJ **closed**
    S03E04 - Mojito - Brooklyn, NY
    S03E05 - Lido di Manhattan Beach - Manhattan Beach, CA
    S03E06 - Le Bistro - Lighthouse Point, FL
    S03E07 - Casa Roma - Lancaster, CA **closed**
    S03E08 - Mama Rita's - Newbury Park, CA **closed**
    S03E09 - Anna Vincenzo's - Boca Raton, FL **closed**
    S03E10 - Fleming - Miami, FL **closed**
    S03E11 - Sushi-Ko - Thousand Oaks, CA **closed**

S04E01 - Spanish Pavillion - Harrison, NJ
    S04E02 - Classic American - West Babylon, NY
    S04E03 - PJ's Steakhouse - Queens, NY **closed**
    S04E04 - Grasshopper Also - Carlstadt, NJ
    S04E05 - Davide - Boston, MA
    S04E06 - Down City - Providence, RI **closed**
    S04E07 - Cafe Tavolini - Bridgeport, CT **closed**
    S04E08 - Kingston Cafe - Pasadena, CA
    S04E09 - La Frite - Sherman Oaks, CA
    S04E10 - Capri - Eagle Rock, CA
    S04E11 - Zeke's - Metairie, LA
    S04E12 - Oceana - New Orleans, LA

S05E01 - Blackberrys - Plainfield, NJ
    S05E02 - Leone's - Montclair, NJ
    S05E03 - Mike & Nellies - Oakhurst, NJ **closed**
    S05E04 - Luigi's - Anaheim, CA
    S05E05&06 - Burger Kitchen - Los Angeles, CA **closed**
    S05E07 - The Greek at the Harbor - Ventura, CA
    S05E08 - Michon's - College Park, GA
    S05E09 - El Greco - Austin, TX **closed**
    S05E10 - Park's Edge - Atlanta, GA
    S05E11 - Spin-A-Yarn Steakhouse - Fremont, CA
    S05E12 - Charlie's - La Verne, CA
    S05E13 - Cafe Hon - Baltimore, MD
    S05E14 - Chiarella's - Philadelphia, PA
    S05E15 - Zocalo - Philadelphia, PA

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

It always fun to watch Ramsay yell at idiots.

Doughboy22
    SYNDICATE... AHHHHHH
    Doughboy22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3733

nice info man.. i love this show.. looks like it takes a few years but they all have the same fate.. I'm from mass and davide will last in boston.. they really changed it.. down city changed for about a month and then prices went crazy because the owner was nuts.. she was an awful person, if you havent seen the down city episode you must... well done betti

bettilimbroke999

I believe I have seen the Down City episode (to be honest I think I've seen every episode from the first 4 seasons as I DVR it), cant remember it exactly but I see that theyve closed and given ur comments that doesnt seem very suprising

Its just interesting looking back, I guess Im an optimist but I really felt like at least half these restaurants would still be open for at least 3-5 years given that they had been completely renovated and given coaching by a great chef and made a miraculous turnaround...in hindsight the restaurants may have just been packed bc they knew Ramsey was in town and the quality and management turnaround probably goes right back down the shitter as soon as he leaves

Doughboy22
    SYNDICATE... AHHHHHH
    Doughboy22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3733

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    I believe I have seen the Down City episode (to be honest I think I've seen every episode from the first 4 seasons as I DVR it), cant remember it exactly but I see that theyve closed and given ur comments that doesnt seem very suprising

Its just interesting looking back, I guess Im an optimist but I really felt like at least half these restaurants would still be open for at least 3-5 years given that they had been completely renovated and given coaching by a great chef and made a miraculous turnaround...in hindsight the restaurants may have just been packed bc they knew Ramsey was in town and the quality and management turnaround probably goes right back down the shitter as soon as he leaves
    you nailed it bro.. people hear ramsey is in town and line up, like u said... These people ruined these restaurants by being hard headed and stubborn bastards. And while an imposing force like ramsey is around its hard for them not to change, but as soon as he leaves these owners do what they do best, believe in themselves and no one else.. It's a shame really.. shame on them

bettilimbroke999

Exactly thats what Im seeing by these results looking back, these owners didnt really take the advice and make real changes they were just forced to change temporarily

You could pretty much say for a week or however long hes there that its basically Gordon's restaurant and he runs it perfectly and his reputation packs the house but after he leaves and it returns to its terrible management it goes back to its crap standards and the results show they end up quickly flushing these businesses down the toilet.

Part of the reason I thought half these businesses "made it" was bc at the end of a few episodes theyll say unfortunately xxx restaurant wasnt able to turn it around and was forced to close, as all these updates I found show you could say that about pretty much all of them but apparently some of them closed so fast they didnt even have time to air the episode before they shut the doors and so had to provide that update in case someone wanted to go eat there

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

these places are so far in the hole by the time he gets there it next to impossible to actually make them profitable enough to thrive

not suprising at all

bettilimbroke999

Its really interesting bc seein his own results looking back (first 2 seasons are basically entirely closed along with most of the 3rd season) I wonder if Gordon realizes that pretty much all these places are all gonna be out of business and just fakes his enthusiasm that they have turned it around and will be successful at the end of each episode.

The truth is that it was horrible management that doomed these restaurants to begin with and when Ramsay leaves theyll be run by that same horrible management

Havent you seen just how absolutely incompetent most of these owners are, I mean its like they have absolutely zero clue about food or how to run a business yet open up these restaurants and cant figure out any reason they are failing...who gave these idiots business loans in the first place?

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

The Peter's one in Babylon was one of my favorites. Big dumb fuking guido tough guy running it

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I love this show! But yeah more often than not they go busto anyway after Gordon leaves. That's why I love when they do the follow ups once in awhile. They did one where they tracked down former employees who said that as soon as the show was over the owners basically threw out the menus, sold/scrapped the new furnishings and went back to the same garbage as before. I think for some of them they truly want the help but there always seems to be at least one family member who you just know is so arrogant that they're just smiling for the cameras and pretending to change. Or they're already so far in the hole financially that it's impossible to ever get out. Reading some of the reviews on restaurant sites is pretty funny too.

Scalamanga
    Scalamanga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I love me some Kitchen Nightmares. Not surprised much by the results. Also, a big fan of Kitchen Impossible and Bar Rescue. Check them out if you haven't already.

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

how about the ones he did in europe? most of them closed too?

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
    I *think* so as those are the ones we got here first. I usually Google the restaurants as soon as the show is done to see how it's going and it's usually not a good result but there are so many episodes I'm not willing to do a bettilimbroke type investigation.

Either way it's still a wicked show though and really makes me appreciate the mom and pop joints in my neighbourhood. Not easy to compete with the chains - and in the US there is so many!!! The stress these guys are under whether self induced or because of the market or whatever is extraordinary.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
    I have seen a few of the original UK version which after lookin it up on Wikipedia found it premiered on April 27 2004 so we're looking back 8 1/2 years on the first season restaurants but here's the results...

UK
    S01E01 - Bonapartes Restaurant - Silsden, England **closed**
    S01E02 - The Glass House - Ambleside, England
    S01E03 - The Walnut Tree Inn - Llandewi Skirrid, Wales **closed**
    S01E04 - Moore Place - Esher, England **sold, now Esteem**

S02E01 - La Lanterna - Letchworth, England **closed**
    S02E02 - D-Place - Chelmsford, England **closed**
    S02E03 - Momma Cherri's Soul Food Shack - Brighton, England
    S02E04 - La Riviera - Inverness, Scotland **renamed to Abstract**

S03E01 - Oscar's - Nantwich, England **sold**
    S03E02 - The Sandgate Hotel - Sandgate, England **sold**
    S03E03 - Clubway 41 - Blackpool, England **closed**
    S03E04 - La Gondola - Derby, England **sold**

S04E01 - La Parra de Burriana - Nerja, Spain **closed**
    S04E02 - The Fenwick Arms - Claughton, England **sold**
    S04E03 - Rococo - King's Lynn, England **closed**
    S04E04 - Morgans - Liverpool, England

S05E01 - Ruby Tate's - Brighton, England **closed**
    S05E02 - Piccolo Teatro - Paris, France **closed**
    S05E05 - The Priory - Haywards Heath, England **closed**
    S05E06 - The Fish and Anchor - Lampeter, Wales
    S05E07 - Curry Lounge - Nottingham, England
    S05E08 - The Granary - Titchfield, England **closed**

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Have you seen the servers, the way some of them look at Gordon, I wonder how many of these chicks he has banged.

bettilimbroke999

Dude has probably trashed 100s of those pussies, hes coming into completely brokedik restaurants that are about to go under (all employees about to be on their asses) and hes a famous celebrity worth 100s of millions, these girls makin 3/hr + tips (yea right there are no tips at these dumps) no doubt throw that pussy at him and pray to get a little Gordon in the oven
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 10-12-12 at 11:20 PM.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

One of those restaurants is 5 minutes from the house I grew up in

Family used to go there all the time

Shame they went out of business

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

The Grasshopper is right next to Met Life Stadium. They make their money by selling their parking lot space for Giant and Jet games.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    The Grasshopper is right next to Met Life Stadium. They make their money by selling their parking lot space for Giant and Jet games.
    Just watched the Grasshopper episode, FFS if your business is that far in the shitter you shouldnt even apply for a Kitchen Nightmares episode...what your customers dont know cant hurt you...Im surprised that moron can manage to keep the parking lot paved to use for the games and hasnt been sued for food poisoning.

Only take your date to the Grasshopper if you're tryin to cash in on a life insurance policy

Bluehorseshoe

Just watched the Grasshopper episode, FFS if your business is that far in the shitter you shouldnt even apply for a Kitchen Nightmares episode...what your customers dont know cant hurt you...Im surprised that moron can manage to keep the parking lot paved to use for the games and hasnt been sued for food poisoning.

Only take your date to the Grasshopper if you're tryin to cash in on a life insurance policy
    The guy was such a weenie and the wife wasn't bad looking.

bettilimbroke999

Yep wife was very bangable, Im sure Gordon got a piece while he was there

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Hells kitchen more entertaining
    Fukk that guy kills me raggin on those chefs

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Most of those owners are so far in debt that it doesn't matter if Ramsey works there full time, the debt collectors and suppliers are still gonna be knocking down the god damn door.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy22 View Post
    nice info man.. i love this show.. looks like it takes a few years but they all have the same fate.. I'm from mass and davide will last in boston.. they really changed it.. down city changed for about a month and then prices went crazy because the owner was nuts.. she was an awful person, if you havent seen the down city episode you must... well done betti
    Watching Down City episode right now on BBC America....holy shit that dikey lesbo is crazy, what the penetrate is Ramsay supposed to do in this situation? Absolutely hopeless, that crazy bitch doesnt know shit about cooking, hasnt hired anyone who knows anything, and designed the entire menu and disagrees with eveyone on the planet including her own employees and a world-class chef telling her the food is absolute crap....yea good luck with that!

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

been watching both versions since episodes 1. kinda boring now.

i prefer restaurant impossible.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    been watching both versions since episodes 1. kinda boring now.

i prefer restaurant impossible.
    BLASPHEMY!

You do realize this is a Kitchen Nightmares fan thread and Restaurant Impossible is just a poor man's complete ripoff of KN

bettilimbroke999

Just watched the Mike and Nellie's episode and ya get kind of attached and root for these humble owners, but just checked the result and in less than a year its already closed. Wow it sure seemed like a genuine turnaround and Ramsay remodeled the whole restaurant and they said at the end of the episode in the weeks following businesses was booming...hmm oh well not sure exactly what happened so fast

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

seen a couple of his episodes

he wouldn't last 5 minutes in our restaurant
    too hot-headed,
    panics,
    doesn't understand efficiency and practicality of running a system

he's just an ego

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

Living in boston for a while I checked out Davide a few times and it seems to still be doing well...in season 5, Cafe Hon is owned by my best friend's mom and she isn't going anywhere. Just saw her at my sis' wedding over the weekend. If you remember the episode at all, her manager Debbie (sneaky little b*tch) she was the one crying and putting on hysterics for the camera, well her ass got canned recently and that's probably the best thing that could've been done for that place

Bluehorseshoe

theclutch7
    theclutch7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

I love this show, the whole emotions involved with a business going bankrupt and then the "happy ending" of turning it all around and of course throughout the show chef Ramsey just nonstop sarcastic jabs and cutting through the bullshit and layin it out for these owners of terrible restaurants is great entertainment imo

BUT..
    As much as I love this show today I got curious how have these restaurants done looking back years later and so I googled it and the result shocked me

Sure I thought many of them would be closed (some of the owners are just fuckin jokes that couldnt run a lemonade stand) but given their seemingly miraculous makeovers and turnarounds its kinda shocking to see these results.

Here is every restaurant on the show for the past 5 years of the US version of Kitchen Nightmares and their current status

US
    S01E01 - Peter's - Babylon, NY **closed**
    S01E02 - Dillon's - New York, NY **renamed Purnima, closed**
    S01E03 - Mixing Bowl - Bellmore, NY **closed**
    S01E04 - Seascape - Islip, NY **sold** **closed**
    S01E05 - Olde Stone Mill - Tuckahoe, NY **Sold**
    S01E06 - Sebastian's - Toluca Lake, CA **closed**
    S01E07 - Finn McCool's - Westhampton, NY **Sold**
    S01E08 - Lela's - Pomona, CA **closed**
    S01E09 - Campania - Fair Lawn, NJ **sold, then closed** 3 years later
    S01E10 - Secret Garden - Moorpark, CA

S02E01 - Handlebar - Mount Sinai, NY **closed**
    S02E02 - Giuseppe's - Macomb Township, MI **closed**
    S02E03 - Trobiano's - Great Neck, NY **closed**
    S02E04 - Black Pearl - New York, NY **closed**
    S02E05 - J Willy's - South Bend, IN **closed**
    S02E06 - Hannah & Mason's - Cranbury, NJ **closed**
    S02E07 - Jack's Waterfront - St. Clair Shores, MI **closed**
    S02E08 - Sabatiello's - Stamford, CT **closed**
    S02E09 - Fiesta Sunrise - West Nyack, NY **closed**
    S02E10 - Santé La Brea - Los Angeles, CA**closed**
    S02E11 - Cafe 36 - La Grange, IL **closed**

S03E01 - Hot Potato Cafe - Philadelphia, PA **closed**
    S03E02 - Flamangos - Whitehouse Station, NJ **renamed The Junction** **closed**
    S03E03 - Bazzini - Ridgewood, NJ **closed**
    S03E04 - Mojito - Brooklyn, NY
    S03E05 - Lido di Manhattan Beach - Manhattan Beach, CA
    S03E06 - Le Bistro - Lighthouse Point, FL
    S03E07 - Casa Roma - Lancaster, CA **closed**
    S03E08 - Mama Rita's - Newbury Park, CA **closed**
    S03E09 - Anna Vincenzo's - Boca Raton, FL **closed**
    S03E10 - Fleming - Miami, FL **closed**
    S03E11 - Sushi-Ko - Thousand Oaks, CA **closed**

S04E01 - Spanish Pavillion - Harrison, NJ
    S04E02 - Classic American - West Babylon, NY
    S04E03 - PJ's Steakhouse - Queens, NY **closed**