eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Should we legalize all drugs?

The USA has spent trillions of dollars trying to control drugs in the USA; and everyone from the bottom to the top can agree that it has been a failure. The number of people in prison is 150% more then what it was before all this began (this is by population %).

This brings me to what Portugal deals with drug use: they have decriminalized drugs. This is very surprising, but as of July 11, 2012 they have been doing it for 11 years. The amount of people addicted is down by 60%. For more details look it up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Portugal

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

They tried it on The Wire, worked out pretty well.

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

NOOO drugs suck and some can kill you

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Pot should be, unless it's proven to be more harmful to society than cigarettes or alcohol.

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

Weed should definitely be legal, taxed and available to anyone of legal age.

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by chipper View Post
    Weed should definitely be legal, taxed and available to anyone of legal age.
    Maybe a vote is needed, like in the old days of prohibition

CrazyCarl
    CrazyCarl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2162

Yes.

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes. Banning drugs creates violence as the parties involved in the drug business can't go to court to solve disputes. Same is true with gambling, prostitution, the list goes on...

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Government know this for a long time now but they make a shitload of money off drugs so legalizing is not an option...

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Government know this for a long time now but they make a shitload of money off drugs so legalizing is not an option...
    You have that backwards, they make nothing off of it. It's underground criminal activity

leetreaper

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    You have that backwards, they make nothing off of it. It's underground criminal activity
    You must be not well educated about this part of a story...

sickler
    Facade 101

You must be not well educated about this part of a story...
    Enlighten me

leetreaper

On top of my head, http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/cri...-official-says, not to count afganistan heroin shit as well, no clue how u dont know that if u live in usa lol...

leetreaper

They just trying to control the competition, its been going for years and years...

sickler
    Facade 101

On top of my head, http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/cri...-official-says, not to count afganistan heroin shit as well, no clue how u dont know that if u live in usa lol...
    That's not about money, and yes I know about the dirty dealings of the CIA

leetreaper

That's not about money, and yes I know about the dirty dealings of the CIA
    Its exactly about money and nothing else, lol man...

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Id love it if weed was legal. The best part would be all the dealers bitching about not having a job anymore, after so long of wishing it were legal. As far as other stuff, i dont really have the experience to make an educational decision.

sickler
    Facade 101

Its exactly about money and nothing else, lol man...
    Some individuals working for US agencies might be pocketing money for themselves, but again, it's not about money.

leetreaper

Some individuals working for US agencies might be pocketing money for themselves, but again, it's not about money.
    Been, is and will be always obv...

sickler
    Facade 101

Been, is and will be always obv...

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9424

yes

TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

you people are stupid and useless enough, now we need "legalized/decriminalized" drugs to mix in to the equation too?

Pleazzz....Get a job, get a life and accept reality for what it is...pathetic,pitiful druggie losers..

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

You could argue the government makes money off all the criminal activity associated with the illegalities of drugs through incarcerations/fines/etc.

leetreaper

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    You could argue the government makes money off all the criminal activity associated with the illegalities of drugs through incarcerations/fines/etc.
    Hes clueless pothead obv...

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    Id love it if weed was legal. The best part would be all the dealers bitching about not having a job anymore, after so long of wishing it were legal. As far as other stuff, i dont really have the experience to make an educational decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    you people are stupid and useless enough, now we need "legalized/decriminalized" drugs to mix in to the equation too?

Pleazzz....Get a job, get a life and accept reality for what it is...pathetic,pitiful druggie losers..
    That's the thing, people are scared to think that if drugs were legal everyone would be on them all the time; it's all out of fear that people can't see that it wouldn't be that way.
    I personally don't do any drugs. In my life time I have smoke weed twice, and haven't done any other drug.

I really encourage everyone to read about how Portugal deals with it; because it's not how everyone would think it would be. Helping people with their demons is better then arresting everyone and putting them away and keeping them somewhere in concrete dungeon for a long long time.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JohnGalt2341

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

People need to ask themselves... "Who benefits the most from Drugs being illegal?" Is it the person who doesn't do drugs? NO. Is it the person who does do drugs? NO. Is it the Government? NO. Is it the Tax Payers? NO. So who benefits??? DRUG DEALERS!!! The only group of people that benefit from drugs being illegal are DRUG DEALERS. You could legalize every single drug on the planet in the USA tomorrow and I assure you that drug usage would remain almost exactly the same as it is right now.... although I think it might actually go down some. The "War on Drugs" is a joke and a COMPLETE waste of tax payers money. If there was a War on Masturbation do you think people would suddenly stop masturbating? People who do drugs are going to do it whether it's illegal or not.

JohnGalt2341

JohnGalt2341

"We will never arrest our way out of this problem. All you have to do is go to almost any corner in any city... it will tell you that. If we did not have this drug war going on... we could spend more time going after robbers, and rapists, and burglars, and murderers. That's what we really should be geared up to do. Clearly we are losing the war on drugs in this country." --Jerry Oliver, Detroit Police Chief.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Legalization and decriminalization are not the same thing. Decriminalization means people can carry small amounts for personal use. Legalization means large scale production and tv advertising. Should drugs be decriminalized? Yes.

Is it anybody's business what plants somebody grows on his on land? I don't think so. Doesn't matter to me if it's pot or poppy. If you can grow it, you can smoke it. And when the religious right objects, as they undoubtedly will, I would ask them who exactly did they think created those plants in the first place.

My drug days are long behind me, but I agree with the observation that if everybody smoked pot there would be world peace. All these uptight selfish people that create most of the trouble in the world should smoke a little once in a while.

So yes to decriminalization. But not for pharmaceutically created or enhanced drugs. That's a whole other game. My trust in nature and nature's products does not extend to dark human imaginations.

What about addiction? People get addicted to cigarettes and alcohol too, don't they? And those aren't even interesting drugs. If you're going to get addicted, at least choose a worthy drug. If drugs are relatively cheap, people can continue with their lives and jobs instead of having to hunt and steal for their next fix. So decriminalization means less crime. Will there be victims? Yes. Just as with alcohol. But those victims/addicts will not go up with decriminalization, because exposure is not increased, as it would be through legalization.

America would have been far better off as a country if the puritans had never made it to these shores. They're the ones that sell denial wherever and whenever they can. Including gambling, by the way. They think God doesn't like gambling. I tell them God is the greatest gambler of all. Or he wouldn't have created these f*cking puritans.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

If you added up all the cops, jailers, prison guards, judges, drug counselors etc. who are employed to fight the war on drugs, all the way down to the janitors who clean the rehab centers, and if you added up all the money that local gov's make from fines and fees from drug arrests.....Illegal drugs make up a pretty huge part of the U.S. economy.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    If you added up all the cops, jailers, prison guards, judges, drug counselors etc. who are employed to fight the war on drugs, all the way down to the janitors who clean the rehab centers, and if you added up all the money that local gov's make from fines and fees from drug arrests.....Illegal drugs make up a pretty huge part of the U.S. economy.
    Rehab centres would still exist.

leetreaper

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Well put and its all well known to main pop but the problem is its pretty dumb as OP...

leetreaper

And im not even from US...

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Sounds like a nice theory, but hardcore drugs turn people into animals. Even if it were legalized and prices came down, people would still steal and kill to get their fix amongst other negative side effects

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Legalize it all. Just because it's not illegal tomorrow, won't make me go inject shit into my body like an idiot anymore than smoking cancer sticks or taking shots of bleach instead of tequila this weekend.

12 Last