Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Worst job you've had?

What was/is the worst job you've had?

I had two crap ones while going through college.

Worked in a cold store unpackaging meat products after they had sat by the roadside for hours when the refrigerated truck they were in rolled over. The meat was being sent to the dog food factory. All of it stunk like shit and some of it was moldy. My girlfriend thought it was a funny joke at the time to pack me a ham sandwich for lunch. On top of that the boss was a dumb mfker who used to abuse the staff all the time. Didn't take long to move on from there.

At another stage I did some telemarketing work. That fukking sucked. I was shit at it because if someone said no i'd just say "Thanks for your time" and not go the hard sell. I'd get abused a lot by people. Some bitch even asked me one day if I was in a call centre in India. (I'm not of Indian descent) I asked her if I seriously sounded Indian. It was also soul destroying to suck at selling so bad. Again I didn't last long there.

Those jobs sucked the big one. What's yours?

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Fukking poor fukk

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

I worked 2 days for a staffing agency cleaning the sacramento kings stadiums before i quit.

The first 2-3 hours were spent bending over throwing trash in black plastic bags. Followed by sweeping and eventually mopping the floors. Moping was the worst. Tge stadium went from high to low. So you walked down 40 or so rows. Do the bottom 3 rows. Then walk up 37 rows to change your water. Then walk back down do 3 rows.

What a crappy job.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Working 3rd shift in a frozen food factory. 0 degrees inside year round.
    Working there in the summer was worse than the winter.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Concrete patios.

The cash was nice, but definitely not worth the aches and pains after a 8 hour day of work.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

NYC fish market

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

selling cutco knives

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

Loan officer for a consumer finance company. I had a real hard problem saying " F U Grandma, I need my money today".

nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

worked at an airport...kinda customer service job...just helping people find transportation...WORST job ever...SOOO BORING...Then we had some lame greeting we had to say to EVERY single person... Just terrible....Sounded like a bunch of robots! Not to mention, standing all day..in the sun/rain/wind etc....to have to say the same thing in these conditions were just bad.....but then you had a couple managers who thought they owned the place and made this 10X worse...

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Worked for a uniform place for a month. Slaughterhouse uniforms would come in covered in blood and maggots. not fun.

Did telemarketing as kid, that sucked, but i became good at it.

Worked for nestle at an ice cream factory. Gained 100 lbs eating product and it was freezing cold in the factory.

Duff85

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    I worked 2 days for a staffing agency cleaning the sacramento kings stadiums before i quit.

The first 2-3 hours were spent bending over throwing trash in black plastic bags. Followed by sweeping and eventually mopping the floors. Moping was the worst. Tge stadium went from high to low. So you walked down 40 or so rows. Do the bottom 3 rows. Then walk up 37 rows to change your water. Then walk back down do 3 rows.

What a crappy job.
    Always wondered about that when leaving stadiums that were just filled with rubbish after games. The mopping would have sucked a dikk.

Duff85

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    Loan officer for a consumer finance company. I had a real hard problem saying " F U Grandma, I need my money today".
    Yep that would have sucked.

Duff85

Quote Originally Posted by nikossf View Post
    Then we had some lame greeting we had to say to EVERY single person... Just terrible....Sounded like a bunch of robots!
    lol

Duff85

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    Worked for a uniform place for a month. Slaughterhouse uniforms would come in covered in blood and maggots. not fun.
    Dirt.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Hospital laundry for 1 week. Found a new job over the weekend so I wouldn't have to go back. Never been so motivated to find a job.

Surprisingly the worst stuff wasn't the blood and shit and spew covered sheets. The stuff from the kitchen made your eyes water it smelled so bad. Closely followed by 200 litre bags full of baby nappies.

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

I THOUGHT I had a few crappy jobs but after reading everyone else's posts above, I just realized that mine weren't too bad after all.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

i used to have to pick up dog shit with a plastic bag i was also a porta john vacume operator i used to have to go into the hole and clean every thing out

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

telemarketing for a variety of "causes." Most boring job in the world.