billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I wonder if Mathy actually works a real job in college??

He could and be fooling us

Odds he has over 5k to his name are +450
    Why would anyone care?? The Mathy persona is null and void moving forward. A figment of imagination.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Quote Originally Posted by chopperocker View Post
    what if an individual does both? are they then a fukkin loser, a gambler, or fukkin loser and a gambler?
    Half loser

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Seems like this thread hit a nerve for some

mbrenes
    mbrenes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 605

So wait, what do you do Math ? are you 9 to 5 ?

mathdotcom

Quote Originally Posted by mbrenes View Post
    So wait, what do you do Math ? are you 9 to 5 ?
    Temp

Mostly janitor stuff

acl123
    syndicate
    acl123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mathy post a pic of your girlfriend.
    That will tell alot.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

billysink has ******* made yiu his little pet bitch math. completely fkn owned

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

great read

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

lol mathy that was great

mathdotcom

SteelRain

We are innovators and thinkers

We don't put on monkey suits and spend 3 hours in traffic to and from work only to get publicly emasculated in boardrooms

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

Wat abt 4 to 12?

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Needs a bump

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I bet MAthy working at a restaurant now cleaning dishes

Odds Mathy sweating his fukkin balls off cleaning dishes -195
    Odds Mathy drinking beer in underwear +181

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

It's threads like these that give gamblers a bad name. Anyone who is a good enough capper to make $100,000+ a year gambling, is definitely smart enough make that (or better) working a real job. And I bet they both require about the same amount of time.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MTek, and aston

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

It is soo demeaning to own an alarm clock so you can wake up when you don't want to then go call another man boss all day on their schedule. Life is too short not to live well on your own terms.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

I don't concern myself with how another man makes his money, as long as he doesn't ask me for any.

Pretty sure everyone would like to be self-employed.

MeatWad

Quote Originally Posted by rake922 View Post
    having a life with no responsibility gets empty..
    Not really, you just have to do something responsible a couple of times a year to remind yourself how good your usual life without responsibilities is. Besides paying big bills is a responsibility, even if you make your money doing something fun.

MeatWad

Soo many people work shit jobs and are miserable. They justify it as though they are making some noble sacrifice for the greater good of society, when in reality, if they had the skills and gameplan they would leave their jobs in a minute.

Accepting their limitations and acknowledging they have to call another man boss and be under his authority for their prime years is too painful. Soo instead of admitting reality they treat their jobs as some kind of noble sacrifice, an example of what makes the world good and why they are a "solid" person with good values". Sometimes reality is just too hard to swallow without sugar coating it.
    Last edited by MeatWad; 11-07-12 at 03:34 PM.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

if you work a 9-5 for the simple purpose of getting out in the world and not taking the shit seriously then you aren't a loser IMO.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

What I think most people need to do is take a step back, and pretend like the slate was wiped clean, and you had a real choice between....

1) A job where you have (some) certainty in life, but are making those above you wealthy and are in a sense relying on them to take care of you.

2) A job where you're more doing it for the love of those you help and serve (cop, EMT, fireman, teacher, social worker, etc), and not the low pay that usually goes with it.

3) A life of unpredictability, but you use your own wits and intellect to live exactly the way you want.

I don't have the patience for 2), and I feel like I can do better than 1), so my choice is easy. You only get one shot at this, might as well go for it.

Those who staunchly defend option 1) would likely choose something different if they had the choice brought in front of them. I think a lot of times fear prevents most people from realizing their actual potential. JMO.

MeatWad

I would add that they are not only losers, but cowards as well for not standing on their own two feet and having the balls to rely upon themselves. Total lack of self reliance and confidence to work for anyone. Money is too easily made to sacrifice your time or principles for it, let alone overall quality of life.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    It's threads like these that give gamblers a bad name. Anyone who is a good enough capper to make $100,000+ a year gambling, is definitely smart enough make that (or better) working a real job. And I bet they both require about the same amount of time.
    whole point of the thread was that given the choice, it's more enjoyable invest time to gambling than into a "real" job. especially if it's the same amount of time.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    I would add that they are not only losers, but cowards as well for not standing on their own two feet and having the balls to rely upon themselves. Total lack of self reliance and confidence to work for anyone. Money is too easily made to sacrifice your time or principles for it, let alone overall quality of life.
    Wow. We got a real inspirational poster/speaker on here. Its a shame more people in America dont have your incredible courage and quit their jobs as doctors,nurses,teachers, firefighters,etc and show some real courage and post more on gambling forums

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    whole point of the thread was that given the choice, it's more enjoyable invest time to gambling than into a "real" job. especially if it's the same amount of time.
    I guess we get joy out of different things. I enjoy gambling as much as the next guy (its why we're all here isn't it?), but the short term rush from gambling does not beat the feeling of helping a family out of a foreclosure, finding ways to lower our national debt, saving someone's life, creating a major medical advancement. The list goes on and on, if all you get out of your job is that it supplies a paycheck, it's time to reevaluate.

MeatWad

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Wow. We got a real inspirational poster/speaker on here. Its a shame more people in America dont have your incredible courage and quit their jobs as doctors,nurses,teachers, firefighters,etc and show some real courage and post more on gambling forums
    I never referred to posting on a gambling forum as taking courage nor did I ever suggest anyone quit their job as most people are constitutionally incapable of working for themselves.

Also what fraction of society does the jobs you mentioned? I graduated in the top 1% of my college class Phi Beta Kappa, and did not get into every med school I applied to. Doctors, especially ones who go to top universities are a rare commodity.

Most firefighters could be fired tomorrow and noone would miss them. Teachers are underqualified to have the responsibilities they have. Education degreee is a complete joke, by completing the pre med requirements I did as much as 4-5 different teachers are required to do to teach their disciplines.

Bosseman22
    Bosseman22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 43540

Title of this thread is hurtful. I thought I was totally awesome.

tto827

I never referred to posting on a gambling forum as taking courage nor did I ever suggest anyone quit their job as most people are constitutionally incapable of working for themselves.

Also what fraction of society does the jobs you mentioned? I graduated in the top 1% of my college class Phi Beta Kappa, and did not get into every med school I applied to. Doctors, especially ones who go to top universities are a rare commodity.

Most firefighters could be fired tomorrow and noone would miss them. Teachers are underqualified to have the responsibilities they have. Education degreee is a complete joke, by completing the pre med requirements I did as much as 4-5 different teachers are required to do to teach their disciplines.
    Clearly nobody wants to clean bathroom floors for a living, but most of the people who are do it because they are not/have not found a way to succeed in other jobs.

MeatWad

Quote Originally Posted by Bosseman22 View Post
    Title of this thread is hurtful. I thought I was totally awesome.
    Don't be insecure, we are all winners, especially in God's eyes?

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

I wonder how many actually tell the truth about all this.... something tells me less are truthful than not.

I have a career that gives me the freedom to work as little or as much as I choose, unlimited income potential and a future where the income just goes up and the "9 to 5ishness" of it goes down. I am more than pleased with my life and my prospects for thw future. Considering where I was as a kid, it is near a miracle that I am where I am now. Would you guys consider it a 9 to 5? Yes, but I bet many of you claiming freedom from conventional ways of making a living would trade wirh me in a heartbeat. You wouldn't do the work it took me to ger here, but you would step right into my current shoes, trust me.

Either way, I'd rather work at McD's than look like Mathy and many others on here. Probably aint had pussy without paying since it had them.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Constitutionally incapable. LOL. OK. I am not doubting you graduated in the top 1% of your class meatwad, but did you end up getting into med school? Medicine isnt a hobby where people just take it up on their own like homebrewing, where people do heart transplants for a hobby around their basement. What do you do for a living now?

I'm Not One Of Those Fancy College-Educated Doctors

BY DR. MIKE RUDDY

I'm a doctor, and I'm damn good at it. Why? Because I learned to be a doctor the old-fashioned way: gumption, elbow grease, and trial and error. I'm not one of these blowhards in a white coat who'll wear your ears out with 10 hours of mumbo-jumbo technical jargon about "diagnosis" this and "prognosis" that, just because he loves the sound of his own voice. No sir. I just get the job done.

Those fancy-pants college-boy doctors are always making a big deal about their "credentials." But I'm no show-off phony with a lot of framed pieces of paper on the wall—I'm the real deal. I got my M.D. on the street. These people think they're suddenly a "doctor" because they memorized a lot of big words and took a bunch of formal tests. But there's plenty of things about being a doctor they'll never learn in their ivory-tower medical school.
    For example, did you know that human intestines, if they spill out of the abdomen during surgery, can spool out all over the floor if you're not careful? You won't find that in a book, my friend.

When it comes to practicing medicine, I focus on the basics. In a life-threatening situation, you've got to think on your feet. I don't waste time going on and on about which virus is which or whose blood type is whose. I get out the tools, roll up the shirt sleeves, slick back my hair, and get in there all the way up to the elbows. The patient's not going to magically heal just because you know a lot of complicated terms like "bovine spongiform encephalitis," or "antibiotics."

You want to know where I got my doctor's degree? At the Medical School of Hard Knocks, that's where. No matter what they say, advanced graduate studies won't teach you when somebody needs a shot of whiskey. Yale and Harvard don't tell you when to throw a bucket of water on a patient. And they can never teach you how to tell when someone just needs a good solid punch in the nose to bring them around.

the onion http://www.theonion.com/articles/im-...doctors,11237/

Last edited by gregm; 11-08-12 at 12:43 PM.

MeatWad

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    I wonder how many actually tell the truth about all this.... something tells me less are truthful than not.

I have a career that gives me the freedom to work as little or as much as I choose, unlimited income potential and a future where the income just goes up and the "9 to 5ishness" of it goes down. I am more than pleased with my life and my prospects for thw future. Considering where I was as a kid, it is near a miracle that I am where I am now. Would you guys consider it a 9 to 5? Yes, but I bet many of you claiming freedom from conventional ways of making a living would trade wirh me in a heartbeat. You wouldn't do the work it took me to ger here, but you would step right into my current shoes, trust me.

Either way, I'd rather work at McD's than look like Mathy and many others on here. Probably aint had pussy without paying since it had them.
    Why not just say what your profession is? I assume it is not professional gambling. Obviously there are tons of jobs that offer personal freedom if you are qualified. Seems like half my neighbors in south beach work from their homes and keep whatever hours they want. When I visit the south and midwest it seems like everyone is on a schedule, either a work schedule or a schedule to receive their government handouts.

MeatWad

I gamble at all things (poker, most sports, used to play BJ) and invest. Guess I am misanthropic, I don't feel the urge to sacrifice or give back. When I want something or need something from someone I pay for it. I hate conventional ways of thought and people and try to model my life as an ongoing vacation and adventure. Probably empty to alot of people, but the path of least resistance is the one I choose.

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

Quote Originally Posted by acl123 View Post
    Mathy post a pic of your girlfriend.
    That will tell alot.
    This is a trick.

Girlfriends are -EV.

Casual relations are +EV.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Working 9-5 job makes people losers..? i think your trying to justify how much of a lazy pos you are.
    Fortunately you have obama to reload your 5dimes account every month.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    Working 9-5 job makes people losers..? i think your trying to justify how much of a lazy pos you are.
    Fortunately you have obama to reload your 5dimes account every month.
    mathy doesn't need to work

razor sharp gambler

First ... 17181920212223 ... Last