jaeguyoon
    [Too Long]
    jaeguyoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

900 is going to be tough finding a decent apt in this area. 5 years ago I was in Germantown for a year and the cheapest apt I found was 1100 for a one bed room, I'm no real estate expert so don't take what I say as facts. Try silver spring or Takoma Park like others have mentioned.

Also it's not the distance that makes the commute rough, but where you're located. If you were in Columbia MD which is also probably 20 miles away North of college Park, but that commute won't be anything like the commute you would have if you were to live in Alexandria VA.

Jerm3462
    FREE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Jerm3462's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8126

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Why do you guya consistantly bring up the white vs. black populatuon thing? Are yall really that racist??? Damn...but you're right about the Sportbook and maryland thing. Some allow for it, most dont. I believe MD, DC, and Washington State have laws against it
    Ummm, I hate the be the bearer of bad news, but most people don't want to live in all black areas. I didn't create this world man, dont hate on me.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Green hippo, relax. I'm pretty sure TT has some property in Maryland that he would be willing to part to you cheaply enough. A couple of things you need to understand: #1. TT is rich. #2. Money means nothing to TT.

I'm on the phone right now with TT discussing these options for you. Crap, he just got a call on the other line from Jerry Lawler. I don't think he's coming back.

Jerm3462
    FREE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Jerm3462's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8126

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Bethesda is one of the nicest places in maryland, but it might be out of your price range. Look in western maryland.

jaeguyoon
    [Too Long]
    jaeguyoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm3462 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    Bethesda is one of the nicest places in maryland, but it might be out of your price range. Look in western maryland.
    I used to intern in Bethesda, and go there a lot to eat out. Definitely a nice area!

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Things are looking pricey. Neither of us have wealthy families, paying for everything ourselves. Everything depends solely on what kind of job I can find, she won't be working and if she did it would be a friday and saturday only job. So anything under 36-38k a year will make things rather difficult. I know that's not a large salary, should it be rather easy to attain?

I don't know what medium salary is for the area, will definitely be hitting up the museums and libraries though for work.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Things are looking pricey. Neither of us have wealthy families, paying for everything ourselves. Everything depends solely on what kind of job I can find, she won't be working and if she did it would be a friday and saturday only job. So anything under 36-38k a year will make things rather difficult. I know that's not a large salary, should it be rather easy to attain?

I don't know what medium salary is for the area, will definitely be hitting up the museums and libraries though for work.
    you have a college degree right?

greenhippo

Yes sir, History degree.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

I used to live in the area but moved West.

Maryland is a pretty messed up state. Lots of crime save for a few areas and those few nice areas are very expensive.

DC is also a choice. You can live around gunshots there or you can be a trust fund liberal and live in a white neighborhood.

VA is nice. Old town alexandria is nice but the rest of alexandria and woodbridge are trashy.

Oh and the area around college park can get pretty trashy. The college kids don't like going to the town around it because they get robbed.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

I wouldn't move to the area. Making 38K in this area is NOT a good life there. Very high cost of living area. If you do want to make it on 38K you will have to live in a sketchy neighborhood.

Also with a history degree it might not even be easy getting a job there.

Oh and one more thing. You can't commute from Alexandria to college park. You will waste too much gas and life on 495. It would be torture.

greenhippo

Well shit, all bad news so far.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

greenhippo

Amazing, this gets moved to the saloon, but we have 7 different political forums in PT. A thread about which poster is the better fighter, threads about online books, a thread about a birthday. A thread about banging a motel maid (been in PT since January 2011) and a thread about how to post a video online. All of that in player talk, but a thread about posters who live in or around the Maryland area is moved in less than a day. Another example of the embarrassment that is sbr. Nice work ladies.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

DC is an incredible city to live in. Great restaurants and clubs and some of the best museums in the world, and it feels like more of a big town than a huge city with skyscrapers. You can jog in the morning around the Jefferson memorial and go out to lunch in Georgetown, and go out in the evening to a capitals or nationals game ( maybe not this year). .The waterfont is awesome, water taxis, cool bars and nightclubs. Tons of outdoor stuff right at your fingertips. Its definitely one of the nicer cities I have been to, especially if you dont like skyscrapers and more of a neighborhood feel.

Chicks like st elmos fire but it gives a pretty good idea of Georgetown . I like some of the scenes in Pelican brief and of course tons of Clancy films have DC settings.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Quote Originally Posted by jaeguyoon View Post

I used to intern in Bethesda, and go there a lot to eat out. Definitely a nice area!

I build new construction houses in Bethesda.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

The rest of Alexandria is not trashy maybe a few very small parts

First 12