Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Anyone Here Donate Blood?

I'm thinking of doing it seeing as i could use the money for pinnacle to become a pro as soon as possible. How much do you get? Does it go by how much you can give? What is the max blood you can give for a return?

Thanks

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Here you donate out of the kindness of your heart. I don't believe you're compensated monetarily. Plasma is different though and you make about $60 a month or so.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

OP is confusing the word 'donate' with 'sell'. Two different verbs. The days are long gone where one is paid to give blood.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

I sold plasma in college for beer $. It paid $50 a week. $20 the first time, then $30 if you came back within 2 days or 3 days or something. Don't go when you're hungover, you will feel like dying. The cold shit they shoot into your arm at the end is pretty trippy. Have a perma track mark like a heroin addict. Ah, to be young and broke!

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

I donate whole blood about three times a year. Its a way of giving back to society and I feel there are health benefits as well. Other than a free t shirt and some food there is no cash to be found. However as a stated above you can donate plasma about once a week and the pay varies from 25 to 35 a pop. This isn't for everyone however. Anyone with soft veins can have issues, in addition bruising can occur. Blood donation takes about 10 minutes, plasma averages about 4 to 5 times that. If you really need the funds go for it, just take heed as to the downside.

Scalamanga
    Scalamanga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Have donated both. Plasma definately takes longer and they may using a slightly larger gauge needle. When I first signed up they ran a promotion for like $50 for your first five donations and then you are on the $20 1st, $30 2nd. No rollover required on that promo either.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14344

I don't think u can sell blood anymore.

JP Varick
    JP Varick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

I used to sell plasma back in 01 when I was in community college just to have grocery money and its kinda of a sweet deal as long as your not easily depressed by being in a room full of people just above skid row status. In AZ, CA, WA, OR at least selling Plasma is totally legal.

I also tried to give blood recently, for red cross (no $), but I was told since I recently traveled to Latin America I was no longer qualified for the next year. Kinda of weird imo.

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board
    RogueScholar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

I can't donate blood until they relax the restrictions on gay male donors. I have a lot of friends who lie on the questionnaire about being gay to give blood, but that's a little too close to going back in the closet for me, especially just to donate something to someone I'll never meet.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bigbill365

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I donate blood often. A lot of platelets donations because that can be done more frequently than whole blood.

billyloco
    et5tdFRy
    billyloco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1620

Due to severe Anemia these past 9 yrs, I get transfusions about every other year. a week ago last Friday I had a Catherizatiion turn into a triple bypass and had a small hole repaired in my heart....needed 2 transfusiions in 3 days.

GOD BLESS anyone who donates blood, and thanks for helping to save my life!!