Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    LOL, I have friend who teaches at RIC and she told me it is basically a community college. And if you do have a master's degree, it is clear you did not learn anything from it. You are not a successful sports gambler. You don't even have $200 to be a pro on this site even though you spend all day on here. Enough with the nonsense. Who do you think you are fooling?
    Kid, RIC is one of the most respected colleges in liberal arts. You don't know jack.
    I was shoveling plastic at the factory when you were still a *** spot on your
    father's underwear. Get lost.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Kid, RIC is one of the most respected colleges in liberal arts. You don't know jack.
    I was shoveling plastic at the factory when you were still a *** spot on your
    father's underwear. Get lost.
    It's a public liberal arts college, not private but public lol. Translation: It is a community college. Like I said, I have a friend who teachess there and s/he is desperate to leave. S/he told me it is a glorified community college.
    Last edited by BuddyBear; 10-01-12 at 04:45 PM.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

To be fair, URI is a pretty good school though. RIC is total garbage. At best, it is a Tier 4 liberal arts college. All public liberal art schools are basically trash. Having a master's from there (in history no less) is the basic equivalent of a welding certificate.

Snowball

It's a public liberal arts college, not private but public lol. Translation: It is a community college. Like I said, I have a friend who teachess there and s/he is desperate to leave. She herself told me it is a glorified community college.
    You are totally wrong. Neither URI nor RIC are community colleges. The CC is CCRI.
    I could care less about your "friend" there. I was offered top jobs at law firms and
    turned them down. You don't understand this happenned many years ago before the internet.
    You are totally lying about RIC, and they have low level programs for nurses and such now,
    but RIC is TOP in education at the highest levels. I do not need that life. Even my hard
    earned Dean's List degree from URI in the 1980's is head-and-shoulders above what kids like
    you are getting away with today. I played in bands in front of hundreds of people.
    just stfu and let someone else take the conversation, you are a moron if you think you
    have somehow disproven the basic truths of Christianity.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

It's a public liberal arts college, not private but public lol. Translation: It is a community college. Like I said, I have a friend who teachess there and s/he is desperate to leave. S/he told me it is a glorified community college.
    Are you saying that all public schools are community colleges? Not at all, sir.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

You are totally wrong. Neither URI nor RIC are community colleges. The CC is CCRI.
    I could care less about your "friend" there. I was offered top jobs at law firms and
    turned them down. You don't understand this happenned many years ago before the internet.
    You are totally lying about RIC, and they have low level programs for nurses and such now,
    but RIC is TOP in education at the highest levels. I do not need that life. Even my hard
    earned Dean's List degree from URI in the 1980's is head-and-shoulders above what kids like
    you are getting away with today. I played in bands in front of hundreds of people.
    just stfu and let someone else take the conversation, you are a moron if you think you
    have somehow disproven the basic truths of Christianity.
    Bro. Get over it. It's not a community college in name, but it is more or less a community college. I am an academic and can tell you. I call it like it is. I am qualified to tell you what the good schools are and what the good schools are not. If you are happy with your little degree from RIC then so be it. I won't rain on your parade. Now, URI is legit. It's a state school that has "high research activity." (I know you don't understand the research process, but it is a good thing believe me). Yeah, your deans list at URI is just head and shoulders from my getting a phd from a university that is in the TOP 20 in the world. Yeah, "kids" like me have it easy lol.

I have not disproven anything (again, that is not the way science works). In reality, there is nothing to "prove." God does not exist. There are no talking snakes, no pair of every animal on a ship, no people who live to be 900+ years old. There is a real world, an empirical world that is waiting to be discovered. We do not need regressive thinking. I invite you to join it Slowball.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Are you saying that all public schools are community colleges? Not at all, sir.
    No. I am saying a public liberal arts school is more or less a community college. They are very weak compared to their private liberal arts counter parts.

Snowball

Bro. Get over it. It's not a community college in name, but it is more or less a community college. I am an academic and can tell you. I call it like it is. I am qualified to tell you what the good schools are and what the good schools are not. If you are happy with your little degree from RIC then so be it. I won't rain on your parade. Now, URI is legit. It's a state school that has "high research activity." (I know you don't understand the research process, but it is a good thing believe me). Yeah, your deans list at URI is just head and shoulders from my getting a phd from a university that is in the TOP 20 in the world. Yeah, "kids" like me have it easy lol.

I have not disproven anything (again, that is not the way science works). In reality, there is nothing to "prove." God does not exist. There are no talking snakes, no pair of every animal on a ship, no people who live to be 900+ years old. There is a real world, an empirical world that is waiting to be discovered. We do not need regressive thinking. I invite you to join it Slowball.
    You are a joke. RIC was a private college for decades. RIC is NOT a community college. As a matter of fact, my courses at RIC were more challenging than they were at URI. You are all wet and wrong. My statements prior stand for themselves. They are not only words. I find it difficult to type because when I earned my degrees, I did not even type them, I wrote them. I had others type what I wrote. I was 30 years old when I learned to type.
    I feel sorry for you. I am so glad I am what I am, and not infected as you are.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

You are a joke. RIC was a private college for decades. RIC is NOT a community college. As a matter of fact, my courses at RIC were more challenging than they were at URI. You are all wet and wrong. My statements prior stand for themselves. They are not only words. I find it difficult to type because when I earned my degrees, I did not even type them, I wrote them. I had others type what I wrote. I was 30 years old when I learned to type.
    I feel sorry for you. I am so glad I am what I am, and not infected as you are.
    It was a community college when you got your degree and its a community college today. The only meaningful difference between RIC and a regular community college is the degrees that are awarded. At a regular community college, they only award associate degrees and the faculty is expected to teach (with no or very little emphasis on research) and to perform service. At RIC, same thing, faculty are expected to teach, exceptionally, (with little in terms of research expectations) and to perform service for the college. The only difference is the degrees that are awarded at RIC are bachelors and Master's. That's it. There is very little meaningful difference between a place like RIC and a community college. Just in name only. RIC is a glorified community college.

You see the difference Slowball is that you can fool regular people with your "masters" degree...but you cannot fool academics. In my book, RIC is nothing special. Like I said, a masters degree in history from there is the same as welding certificate.

Peace out guy

Snowball

whatever, guy, you're just so wrong, words cannot describe how wrong you are.
    you go ahead and get a bachelors in history from URI 1986-1990 and a Masters
    from Rhode Island College 1992-1995.
    Let me know how that works out for you, asshole.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

whatever, guy, you're just so wrong, words cannot describe how wrong you are.
    you go ahead and get a bachelors in history from URI 1986-1990 and a Masters
    from Rhode Island College 1992-1995.
    Let me know how that works out for you, asshole.
    Maybe you did not read carefully but I did a phd at a top 20 university in the world. In other words, if you and I met, you would be addressing me as Dr. You can believe that RIC is not a CC, but it basically is. Go ahead and believe whatever you want. You've also demonstrated that you have no idea how the scientific research process works. You make claims about atheist groups funding scientific research haha. For someone who has a "masters degree," not knowing how the scientific process works is either a function of a very poor education or just total ignorance. You tell me which you are.

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

You're out of your mind. Obviously a victim of internet bullcrap, and not old enough to know better, because you need to understand that this 2012 is not 1986. What has changed?
    Well I stopped believing in god around 1983/84. Never got the internet until 2006. lol

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

Quote Originally Posted by xraygord View Post
    Well I stopped believing in god around 1983/84. Never got the internet until 2006. lol
    I think it was around 1985 for me. I was 13 I believe. I didn't consider myself an Atheist... but rather Agnostic. At the time.. I probably didn't even know what either word meant. I just knew that I was very skeptical about the bible and god in general. I didn't tell anyone that I didn't believe in god. In fact, at the time I thought I was the only person on the planet that didn't believe in god. When I was 14 or so I met a very smart kid that also didn't believe in god. I found this refreshing. As I got older I had many good friends of all types of beliefs and I still do. I'm rambling.. but the moral of my post is that I'm not "a victim of internet bullcrap" like snowball said. I just questioned things that I found completely ridiculous. Questioning things is a good thing... I recommend people to question everything even if it goes against everything they already believe.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

My path is a little different. I actually attended an elite private Catholic high school where we went to mass twice a week. I never even thought about not believing in God or religion as I had grown up with it and did not know anyone who did not believe. Sure, I knew people who were Muslim or Jewish or whatever, but they all believed. To me, believing was the default condition. Everyone I knew was a believer. When you are 14-18, you do not ask too many questions. Anyway, as I went to college I still believed but became more skeptical. Eventually, and after some time and reading, there were just too many inconsistencies in the religion narrative that I could no longer ignore or reconcile. Whether "God" exists or not is irrelevant to me and not even worth knowing. Most people who are believers are simply believers because their parents are and they just picked it up from them. Even when you pose seemingly basic questions, religion has absolutely no answer. Like I remember asking, when I die and go to the afterlife, my soul goes up and I just assume my life from there but what if a 1 year old baby dies? Does she go to heaven and not talk or anything? And for that matter what exactly is a soul? What about animals? All these questions led to nowhere and basic nonsense responses that made no sense whatsoever. I can never blame anyone for believing because most people have been raised that way...but I blame people who are aware and have thought things through but come up with erroneous answers because they are "afraid what will happen to them if they do not believe, but there really is God." My guess is when you meet God, you just tell him/her/it that there just was not enough evidence to demonstrate your existence.

First 123