jeepsguy004
    jeepsguy004's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

I am not one to do much talking on these boards besides if it has to do with games but this baskets clown should be taken out in the yard and treated like he is treating this thread (shit). I am a pretty laid back guy but man what he has said in this thread actually has me furious since I know what Money is going through and I am sure alot of others here feel the same way that went through this.

All I am going to say is Karma will come back around and bite this tool in the ASS one day.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    more fake emotion from an online board..... everybody lining up to put flowers in some poster's coffin

prolly just as real as the whole griz and PWAD fake fiasco...... meanwhile every clown in here is sending condolences to somebody they don't even know

Grits, you still smell like shit. It's nature, my friend
    Your whole racist schtick is one thing, but bringing your bullshit to this thread is really unbelievable

You are one sad little man Baskets......

We will pray for TMS and his family and also yourself for other reasons, get help

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

My mother passed away in Feb. of this year.
    She got sick in January, and died a month later. The last 2 weeks of her life though she wasnt able to speak or open her eyes, and that was just beyond terrible.

Best advice, I can give you is, cherious every moment, second, you have with her.
    As hard as it may be, smile and laugh, and joke. Remember the good times you had with her at younger years.

There truly is no right answer.

Shoot me a pm, if you need to, talk about it..

I honest dont know which is worse cancer or having a family member die quickly. Just terrible stuff.

Go take care of your mom, SBR will be here when your ready to come back

God Bless!
    Last edited by ebbearsfb1; 09-28-12 at 05:46 PM.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1634

Sorry Bud, My mom runs a cancar care program. I see this everyday and I see how it effects people. Rough stuff.
    Head up and hug her everyday you can.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

another thing, which im sure you already stopped, is 100% do not gamble,

I still have trouble and get frustrated with losing my mom, and end up not thinking rashionally and betting out of control online... I know posters will say, o well step away from the computer or do this or that, its not that easy though..

your just looking for something to make you feel better or normalicy, and it just sinks you.. because anything that can go wrong, ends up going wrong, and just makes ya feel worse than ya did before

so stay away from anything gambling related.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I'm so sorry to hear that Money. Perhaps if it's not too late this can help your mom:

Get her Essiac & hemp oil ASAP.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

TMS,

I saw this thread yesterday, but didn't respond because I wasn't sure what to say. I think there has been some great advice in here (hospice, spending more time with her, memories etc). Just keep trying to make the best possible decisions in what is a fukked up situation. Cancer is a bitch and sadly nearly every single person will be touched by it in some way during their lifetime. You and your family are in my thoughts.

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

Wow thats a tough pill to swallow bro, prayers going out for your Mother, Your Family & Yourself.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Dude, I know this all sucks, but if you make it to 68, you've had a good run. I hope I make it to 68.

One of my co-workers died from breast cancer last year and she was only 33 with 2 kids that are 3 and 4. She looked perfectly healthy, and then she went off of work to get treatment... 9 months later, she's dead.

Dying from cancer is not a good way to go out though. My ex's mom died from bone cancer, and nothing can prepare you for how someone looks in thier final days of that shit. Good thing for morephine.

I have had a lot of experiance with death. You need to know that everyone dies, but not everyone truely lives. My advice to you is to take your mom on a vacation to a place that has good health care incase shit goes down. Id recommend my beautiful country of Canada.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

I lost my mother and best friend to lung cancer 8 years ago. It was the worse thing that has ever happen to me. When diagnosed my was given 6 months to live. My dad sold everything, borrowed money and too out loans to pay for treatment and to take her anywhere she wanted to go. I was in the border patrol in Texas 1700 miles from her I Tennessee. I remember her telling me they were on their way to come see me. 3 hours later I got a call saying I need to come home now. Her lungs had collapsed. I got home late that nigh and went into her room. She had her eyes open and she smiled and me and told me she loved me. Se closed her eyes. She fought for 2 weeks but never regain conscious after I got home. She lost 41 pounds those two weeks. They kept her on morphine. It was the hardest thing I every watch. She died on her 25 wedding anniversary with my dad. Like your mother she smoke most of her life. She refused to the day she died that smoking had anything to do with it but we all know it did. Watching someone die from cancer is torture. All I can say is show support for your mom. To this day I feel guilty that I wasn't around more and I let my job come first. Take time off to be with her. You will regret it later if you don't. I left the border patrol 6 months after she died to move closer to my dad because he was so heart broken. Life is short for all of us. Just know that in the end we all get to see each other again but until then memories keep us going. Try to make as many as possible with her.
    And I shouldn't even respond but baskets you are a worthless peice of shit.
    Good luck money
    God be with you

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

Sorry to hear... you and your Mom will be in my prayers.

Crowing Capers
    Crowing Capers's Avatar Become A Pro!

My mother in law just recently passed due to breast cancer as well. The pain and suffering and the struggle she went through was devastating and would not wish upon my worst enemy...
    My thoughts are with your Mum, yourself and your family.

Cancer farkinn sux man

As for that piece of scum, who hides behind his computer who goes by the name Baskets. You are a disgrace you heartless piece of shit..... As someone mentioned already the karma bus will catch you out 1 day.

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

so heavy

bol

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I've had an opportunity to read everyone's post. And everyone who responded... I greatly appreciate it. I'm also sorry to hear other posters family members who went through this and have suffered. The day I started this thread... I was hurt... the tears wouldn't stop. As of today... it's more of an understanding and an acceptance.

My mother is one stubborn woman. She checked herself out of the hospital the next day. The doctor said he wanted to do just one more day of tests and she said no. While she was there... the only thing they discovered that was out of the ordinary not only the cancer... but her thyroid wasn't normal. Which I didn't know she wasn't taking her synthroid pill. Well... she was... but not taken as her other doctor prescribed. Which... can cause you similar stage 4 cancer symptoms... She was given Norco 325mg for pain and discomfort. Everyone is upset with her for discharging herself from the hospital. But since no one has power of attorney... she's allowed to make her own decisions. But, I'm working on this right now. Her health isn't any better. Just very weak. No strength. Starting to have a form of memory loss.

Again, thank you for all the posts, comments, advice, and history of your past experiences. I will reread everyone's posts again... over and over. Thank you for all of your kind gestures.

As for baskets... I'm not upset or offended. Too much on my plate to care.

TheMoneyShot

I wanted to add one other thing...

This is what the nurse relayed to me... She said... I want you to know that your mother didn't have her left breast... I said... you mean she had surgery without telling anyone??? Why didn't she tell any of us?? The nurse replied, "No... your mother never had her breast removed. The cancer ate her breast away slowly. She just has an open wound that constantly tries to heal itself."

djpremier36
    djpremier36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3398

I know what you're going through Money. My mother just passed on recently from cancer. It was the most anguish a son can have watching their mother suffer and struggle for their life.

I feel for you brother. Stay strong and give her strength!

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    The cancer ate her breast away slowly. She just has an open wound that constantly tries to heal itself."

She's past going to the hospital for tests. They're going to keep "running test" just because they know some people feel the need to be pro-active, looking for hope, fight until the end etc.

Take her home, make her comfortable. Tell jokes, act silly, laugh, cry, look at pictures, whatever. Whatever she wants to do, she gets to do.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

so you can go cry on a gamlbing website about your mom dying. seriously, pal, youre like that other poster who let his daughter get railed by his buddy.....and instead of doing something about bit .... he goes for some sympathy play on gambling site ... but doesn't kill the perp
    Last edited by Blondie; 10-07-12 at 07:30 AM. Reason: removed inappropriate comment

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

words on a screen, you fake Mother Teresa's

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17891

Good luck to you and your mom. Lost my best friend to cancer at 20 years old. Horrible what you are going through. Keep your spirits up!

TheMoneyShot

I just would like to say thanks again to everyone who had positive insight and stories from past experiences. Thank you very much.

My mom discharged herself a week ago... without any type of CT Scan of the body. Thursday at 8PM my mother was rushed to Henry Ford Hospital again. I made sure that she was taken care of. She agreed to a CT Scan. The CT scan showed a front spinal fracture. This was the issue on being immobilized and not being able to walk. My entire family had no idea. It was all guess work before the scan. My mom is a fighter and had an amazing amount of humor about being paralyzed from the waist down. The doctors said they would like to do a full MRI of the body now. And she agreed. They wanted to zero in on the spinal column and also the brain.

The MRI showed cancer cells located near the fracture. I'll never know if it was the cancer cells reproducing in the body which caused this? Or was it the side effects of Famara? I've been doing more research on the cancer drug called Famarah. Some websites indicate while taking Famara... you should mandatory take Vitamin D 400 IU and also Calcium 500 ** every 24 hours. Apparently Famara causes severe loss in bone density. The doctor at the Karmanos institute never told her to take any vitamins to offset the negatives of the drug? It's all speculation because we'll never know what caused this fracture? She never fell.

The neurosurgeon called me Friday morning and told me what the MRI report said. He said... under normal circumstances we would do immediate surgery in the attempt to give your mother an opportunity to walk again. But, there are many cancer cells that have entered her spinal column... and there's too much risk. I'm sorry but we won't do surgery. Which... I said... I understand.

Every time I enter the room I must put on a gown and gloves. Apparently, they are concerned with some sort of bug in her stools? They don't want it spreading in other sectors of the hospital.

I had numerous conversations with my mom... and when you talk to her... she just starts snoring... and falling asleep. Then seconds later.. she wakes up and continues talking on the same subject (which I think is amazing) or starts a totally different topic. And I just smile... and act like there's nothing unusual. I would only imagine that her body is still fighting the cancer internally and she's majorly fatigued.

Thank you for all of your prayers, support, and sincerity. God Bless you guys!

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    she's still got 2 lips, a tongue and can suck, right? put her to work and have her make u some gambling money.....
    You're a real fukking tough guy, pal.

TheMoneyShot

I just wanted to say... I just lost my mother an hour ago.

I want to say thank you for all the kind remarks everyone made. You helped me stay sane... and not lose my head. I know my mom is in a better place now. Pain Free. God Bless You Guys.

mnwild11
    mnwild11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4005

RIP. Sorry to hear such terrible news on a day that is suppose to be joyful. Stay strong.

LordCC
    LordCC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4229

I am so sorry to hear this TMS, as my mom is going through the same thing with Breast cancer at the advanced stage. I am just enjoying all the time I have with her & know that the same eventuality will happen. You & your family are in my thoughts & prayers and if you need to vent or talk, we are all here for you my friend.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

RIP & God Bless

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Really sorry to hear that moneyshot, I lost my mother around the Christmas season. Just try and stay active and staying in shape is a really good way to deal with grief. Sitting around drinking or just sitting around thinking and being miserable is horrible, its amazing what an afternoon in the gym or a run can do to help. Good luck brother.

pronk

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I just wanted to say... I just lost my mother an hour ago.

I want to say thank you for all the kind remarks everyone made. You helped me stay sane... and not lose my head. I know my mom is in a better place now. Pain Free. God Bless You Guys.
    I'm so sorry to hear that Money. No person in the world will ever replace your mom or fill that huge void. But we all have that hope that one day we will see our loved ones again.

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul:

he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:

thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:

and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

So sorry to hear the bad news, my condolences to you and your family.

pronk

Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
    Isaiah 41:10

vikingfan101
    vikingfan101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

So sorry for your loss. God bless.

TheMoneyShot

Thank you guys. I appreciate reading all of your comments.

When the medical examiner came in the room to declare her deceased... to make it official... he goes... sorry it took so long. You aren't going to believe this... but your mom's death is the 59th death in this county today alone. I said... wait... 59 people in this county died today? On Christmas? He said yes... it's a rather high number for one day. I don't know what to make of it? What a sad world.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Sorry for your loss, tms. We only get one mom and it breaks my heart when moms pass. I love my mom more than anyone or anything and have seen her struggle over the years and every time it just tears me up inside. so I am truly very sorry.

PokinSmot
    PokinSmot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6603

My condolences on your loss. I lost my mom to cancer when I was a young teenager and it's still difficult for me at times, especially during the holidays. I believe they are at peace. So Peace be with you and your family.

First 123 Last