dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Cars that drive themselves now allowed in Calif

amazing, in a few years cars will drive themselves. They will automatically swerve past potential accidents, they will at high speeds stay in their own lane and stop when a car drives in front of it. These vehicles will be able to completely avoid collisions. The vehicle will be in complete control, you will be able to drive across the country without once driving the car.

These cars will cost about 2000 more than a regular car and will be available before 2015. Amazing.

Just reported on ABC

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

can you imagine getting in your car and taking a long nap waking up 2 or 3 hours later and you are pulling into the next state. I think it is fantastic.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

nope going to be a lot of accidents

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post

they claim accidents will never happen.

White Rhino
    White Rhino's Avatar Become A Pro!

would it be considered a dui still if you are drunk and the car drives you home.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by White Rhino View Post
    would it be considered a dui still if you are drunk and the car drives you home.
    probably not, especially I guess if you were seated in the passenger seat, it would be extremely weird though wouldn't it. I would be weaving and ducking every time a car got near. I can't wait to try it.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

what choice will the car make when someone is coming head on, move left to have the semi hit them or off to the other side going
    off a cliff

LarrysKid
    LarrysKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1479

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    The Google driverless cars have logged over 300,000 miles without a single incident. How many human drivers can truthfully make that claim?

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    what choice will the car make when someone is coming head on, move left to have the semi hit them or off to the other side going
    off a cliff
    Probably use the brakes to reduce the impact. At the very least a self driven car could activate the brakes faster than a human driver. I don't think a human driver would be any better in this situation.

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

A car that drives itself in 2015 why are we surprised i saw a movie once that said we would have flying cars that would run on garbage.Also a thing called the Hover Board it is a skate board that hovers over the ground i have not seen a press release yet but im sure it is coming.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

they will at high speeds stay in their own lane and stop when a car drives in front of it.
    And then when what happens to the guy driving behind it?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

I cannot wait. Gonna buy one as soon as they come out. I do live in California though. Why are they illegal here?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

good idea. all for it

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    I cannot wait. Gonna buy one as soon as they come out. I do live in California though. Why are they illegal here?

Not illegal they are allowed, 2015 many more. only 2000 added to the price of the car

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    Not illegal they are allowed, 2015 many more. only 2000 added to the price of the car
    Oh I see. I misread the thread title. Excellent. Can't wait.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Oh I see. I misread the thread title. Excellent. Can't wait.

Not for now can easily happen especially to old eyes, I do things like that all the time and think wtf, I must go back and read it again. lol

I want one too but I will be really nervous the first 50 times I let it drive me by myself, but won't it be great, really. I am thinking that computer driven car will need to have a dozen fail safe devices, probably will not allow you to start the car if that system isn't working perfectly. First time I see a car driving around with nobody in the front seat will be hilarious.

nic9212
    nic9212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2551

can you have the option(switch) of driving it yourself? Or is it all computer driving all the time?

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by nic9212 View Post
    can you have the option(switch) of driving it yourself? Or is it all computer driving all the time?

Yes, they explained that part, you can.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

ya right, There isnt a snowballs chance in hell they bring out a car that has the ability to drive itself and it only cost 2k more.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    ya right, There isnt a snowballs chance in hell they bring out a car that has the ability to drive itself and it only cost 2k more.

well you should check out the youtube videos, I am skeptical too but that is exactly what they reported.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    And then when what happens to the guy driving behind it?
    If he is manually driving,he better be quick.............