pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Dog stands guard over deceased owner’s grave for six years

Capitan keeps watch over Miguel Guzman's grave (La Voz)

An extremely dedicated dog has continued to show its loyalty, keeping watch on its owner's grave six years after he passed away.Capitan, a German shepherd, reportedly ran away from home after its owner, Miguel Guzman, died in 2006. A week later, the Guzman family found the dog sitting by his grave in central Argentina.
    Miguel Guzman adopted Capitan in 2005 as a gift for his teenage son, Damian. And for the past six years, Capitan has continued to stand guard at Miguel's grave. The family says the dog rarely leaves the site.
    "We searched for him, but he had vanished," widow Veronica Guzman told LaVoz.com. "We thought he must have got run over and died.
    'The following Sunday we went to the cemetery, and Damian recognized his pet. Capitan came up to us, barking and wailing as if he were crying."
    Adding to the unusual circumstances, Veronica says the family never brought Capitan to the cemetery before he was discovered there.
    "It is a mystery how he managed to find the place," she said.

Cemetery director Hector Baccega says he and his staff have begun feeding and taking care of Capitan.
    "He turned up here one day, all on his own, and started wandering all around the cemetery until he eventually found the tomb of his master," Baccega said.
    "During the day he sometimes has a walk around the cemetery, but always rushes back to the grave. And every day, at six o'clock sharp, he lies down on top of the grave, stays there all night."
    But the Guzman family hasn't abandoned Capitan. Damian says the family has tried to bring Capitan home several times but that he always returns to the cemetery on his own.
    "I think he's going to be there until he dies, too. He's looking after my dad," he said.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER, and shari91

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

that's awesome

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Oh my gosh, this is lovely! How did the dog find the cemetary let alone the exact grave??? That's amazing.

Thank you for sharing this pronk. It's exactly what I needed today.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

dogs are so amazing

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Pretty amazing......Gotta love dogs

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4567

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

wow

dogs are so smart

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Kinda hard to believe but kudos if real

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

you mother phuckers will believe anything......argentina yea, thats totally believeable.....
    pm me for the smoking real estate deals im now offering sbr posters who appear in this thread

pronk

Together ... grave guard dog Capitan, widow Veronica and her son Damian

pronk

Capitán, el perro fiel hasta la tumba

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

I remember a story about a prostitute in Detroit. A young lady named BonQueesha.

She died of Aids but she had a pet Chihuahua named DeBrickeShaw. Well, DeBrickeShaw would work the same street corners that BonQueesha did offering to lick former clients balls for a couple bucks here and there with his little Chihuahua tongue. When DeBrickeShaw had saved up enuff money he bought BonQueesha a plot in the downtown Detroit cemetery.

Doesn't get as much attention as "El Capitan".... I guess b/c Capitan already had a grave there to stand guard on ... but good ole DeBrickeShaw worked his tongue off in memory of BonQueesha.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Real life futurama...