B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

How many of you guys go to church?

i was just watching tv...and all of a sudden i wanted to go to church. I haven't willingly gone to church in god knows how long. ive been gotten confirmed and then later ive been to weddings but ive never just gone to church for about 7 years. I'm just curious how many gamblers go to church every sunday before football especially? Is it wrong to pray for a 5-0 day in the NFL?

I need some thoughts.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

I go every Sunday and pray for winners
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: B1GER1C828

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

You must have been watching Benny Hinn to renew your interest in the church....

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

Last Sunday at Church I learned about Genesis 19. I found it very inspiring. Here's the short version of it:

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Every Sunday

I include my gambling winnings in my 10% tithe

Also Benny Hinn is a fraud, this is coming from a Christian like myself

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I should. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Every Sunday

sickler
    Facade 101

Every Sunday

No kidding. He should be in prison

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

I am as Christian as it gets but I know and recognize frauds like Benny Hinn

I have gotten in a lot of heated arguments with other Christians about him, for some reason they get really defensive when ******* out his shortcomings

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

every saturday and sundays during fall and winter...

football is my religion.

sickler
    Facade 101

I have gotten in a lot of heated arguments with other Christians about him, for some reason they get really defensive when ******* out his shortcomings
    The Fifth Estate exposed him many years ago. The piece should be easy enough to find online. The believers in Hinn should watch it.

sickler
    Facade 101

Frogsrangers, here's the documentary I mentioned. Send the link to those Christian Hinn believers

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    i was just watching tv...and all of a sudden i wanted to go to church. I haven't willingly gone to church in god knows how long. ive been gotten confirmed and then later ive been to weddings but ive never just gone to church for about 7 years. I'm just curious how many gamblers go to church every sunday before football especially? Is it wrong to pray for a 5-0 day in the NFL?

I need some thoughts.
    not wrong...completely useless and waste of time, absolutely... but its your time, spend it how you like

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you were truly faithful to Christianity, you would not gamble, in other words according to your religion,you pal are a hypocrite.......

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post

I need some thoughts.
    Save some time and squeeze some goats testicles if you're superstitious, the result will be the same.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    If you were truly faithful to Christianity, you would not gamble, in other words according to your religion,you pal are a hypocrite.......
    Every priest I've ever know has gambled.

I even bumped into Cardinal Pell at the racetrack one day.

spike420211
    spike420211's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2925

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Last Sunday at Church I learned about Genesis 19. I found it very inspiring. Here's the short version of it:
    That professor looks like one of the profs from China, Ill. LOLOL

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    Every priest I've ever know has gambled.

I even bumped into Cardinal Pell at the racetrack one day.
    Exactly, ,one who does not practice what they preach knowingly and willingly is a hypocrite/fraud...........

You do not pick and choose the laws of your religion which suit you to obey and then say, Jesus died for my sins so I can be as soulless as I desire.........

. casting lots - making a chance decision by using lots (straws or pebbles etc.) that are thrown or drawn. drawing lots, sortition · decision, determination ...

Throughout the Old and New Testaments, we read about people casting lots when a decision had to be made. In most instances, this was simply a way of determining something impartially:
    then cast lots for them in Shiloh in the presence of the LORD, and there he distributed the land to the Israelites according to their tribal divisions.(Joshua 18:10,)
    Casting lots was common among many ancient cultures. Roman soldiers cast lots for Jesus' garments at his crucifixion
    "Let's not tear it," they said to one another. "Let's decide by lot who will get it." This happened that the scripture might be fulfilled which said, "They divided my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing." So this is what the soldiers did.(John 19:24,)

"No servant can serve two masters. [Jesus said.] Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."(Luke 16:13,

This is the very reason why I get a chuckle out of the ignorance of so called Christians,

If there is a God/spirit/Jesus,I can assure you he is not pleased with the disrespect ALL Christians feed him daily.........

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Exactly, ,one who does not practice what they preach knowingly and willingly is a hypocrite/fraud...........

You do not pick and choose the laws of your religion which suit you to obey and then say, Jesus died for my sins so I can be as soulless as I desire.........

. casting lots - making a chance decision by using lots (straws or pebbles etc.) that are thrown or drawn. drawing lots, sortition · decision, determination ...

Throughout the Old and New Testaments, we read about people casting lots when a decision had to be made. In most instances, this was simply a way of determining something impartially:
    then cast lots for them in Shiloh in the presence of the LORD, and there he distributed the land to the Israelites according to their tribal divisions.(Joshua 18:10,)
    Casting lots was common among many ancient cultures. Roman soldiers cast lots for Jesus' garments at his crucifixion
    "Let's not tear it," they said to one another. "Let's decide by lot who will get it." This happened that the scripture might be fulfilled which said, "They divided my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing." So this is what the soldiers did.(John 19:24,)

"No servant can serve two masters. [Jesus said.] Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."(Luke 16:13,

This is the very reason why I get a chuckle out of the ignorance of so called Christians,

If there is a God/spirit/Jesus,I can assure you he is not pleased with the disrespect ALL Christians feed him daily.........
    Wagering is not the same as "casting lots", your decision is not made at random. Hope you don't invest your money in the stock market, same thing.

The bible continually contradicts itself, it's impossible to follow.

And, If there is a god, best case he's ambivalent and doesn't give a shit, worse case he's malicious.

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

gambling to me is like betting on heads or tails of a coin....or betting on picking the 7 horse to come in cause that's your lucky number...

Researching sports through trends and stats, etc. and then wagering the outcome based on your research I don't feel is gambling......anyone else feel like this ?

PAULYPOKER

This was my whole point,all men are going to Hell if the bible truly is God's word and he exists.............

This is why I say fukk it and throw my hands up in the air,God is perfect but his word to us is a gigantic maze that no one will ever figure it out....

I know I would never tease my children with an endless circle of confusion............

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5626

There are some who attend and listen while there are others who don't but practice. BigEr1c is a masterful practitioner and his lack of attendance at Sunday mass should not overhsadow the sublime human being who leads by example.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: B1GER1C828

LarrysKid
    LarrysKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1479

I no longer attend church and have no desire to return. Praying for winners is not wrong but it is frivolous.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

After reading this thread it's quite apparent few if any have an idea of what Christianity is and what it's not, which is precisely the case with the Bible, few know what it is and what it isn't, as a crazy overwhelming majority were taught wrong, never investigated, or both

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

only on special occasions, easter, christmas and etc

LarrysKid
    LarrysKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1479

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    After reading this thread it's quite apparent few if any have an idea of what Christianity is and what it's not, which is precisely the case with the Bible, few know what it is and what it isn't, as a crazy overwhelming majority were taught wrong, never investigated, or both
    Christianity-Believing that Jesus is the only son of God who was put on earth to die for our sins so that we may go to heaven by simply accepting him as our lord and savior.

The Bible-A collection of songs, prophecies, and historical records (which may or may not be accurate). Some believe the Bible to be the literal word of God written by man. Others believe it is man's writing that was inspired by God. And there are those who believe it is complete hokum.

That's a quick summary but covers most of the basics.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

I go 3x's a week.

hardball
    hardball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

I'll go on rare occasions to see friends I don't usually see.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

praying and gambling never mix the 2. gambling is a sin shouldn't be prayed for. last time I went to church Eli still hadn't won his first superbowl.

acampbell2345
    acampbell2345's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Wagering is not the same as "casting lots", your decision is not made at random. Hope you don't invest your money in the stock market, same thing.

And, If there is a god, best case he's ambivalent and doesn't give a shit, worse case he's malicious.
    There is not one instance where the Bible contradicts itself. I know debating the merits of the Bible with you are pointless on an online gambling forum, but I promise you cannot cite a single example of contradiction.

12 Last