Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Apple Announces iPhone 5 with 4-Inch Display, LTE

Wednesday September 12, 2012 10:20 am PDT by Marianne Schultz
    As expected, Apple announced the iPhone 5 at today's media event. The latest model of Apple's flagship iOS device features a glass and aluminum enclosure that's 18% thinner than the iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 and weighs in 20% lighter than these previous models at 112 grams. It has a 4-inch 1136 x 640 pixel (326 pixels per inch) Retina Display giving it the same width as the iPhone 4S but a taller form factor.

The display features in-cell technology that was previously rumored that allows the display to be even thinner since the touch sensors are integrated into the display itself instead of requiring a separate layer.

Also as expected, the new iPhone features LTE connectivity using a single chip for voice and data and a dynamic antenna that can switch connections as needed. LTE connectivity will be compatible with all of the major cellular networks in the US plus others in Europe and around the world. The iPhone 5 also gets improved Wi-Fi connectivity with dual-channel 802.11(n) capability.

The new iPhone will have an A6 processor that's twice as fast as the previous A5 processor, and is 22% smaller and more efficient. Regarding battery life, the iPhone 5 will offer 8 hours of 3G or LTE talk time or browsing or 10 hours of Wi-Fi browsing or 225 hours of standby time.

The iPhone 5's rear-facing camera doesn't get a resolution bump, keeping an 8-megapixel sensor, though the sensor is thinner and the lens cover is sapphire crystal. The camera function gets a new dynamic low-light mode and faster photo capture. The front-facing Facetime camera will offer 720p HD video capture with the ability to take photos while recording video.

The iPhone 5 gets an additional microphone, bringing the total to three compared to the two present in the iPhone 4S. The microphones will be located on the bottom, front, and rear of the iPhone 5 to improve voice recognition and noise cancellation.

The iPhone 5 will come in white or black. The black version will have a black anodized aluminum back while the white version will have a raw aluminum back. The iPhone 5 will cost $199, $299, and $399 respectively for the 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB models with a contract. The iPhone 4S will be reduced to $99 and the iPhone 4 will be free with a contract.

Pre-orders for the iPhone 5 will begin on Friday, September 14 and Apple will begin shipping the new device on September 21 in nine countries including the US and Canada. The iPhone 5 will become available in additional countries next month and in 100 countries by the end of the year.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/12/...-inch-display/

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Not impressed. 4.65" screen on my galaxy nexus

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

Sick

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

It seems like the post-Jobs phones are more efficient and better at what they do well but aren't bringing anything new to the table. Taking pics while using video is cool but other phones had that. LTE has been out forever. How about hologram projection, or getting in front of the camera MP race? Where is the innovation in the past few years? Waiting for Android to step up the apps and UI is the only thing holding lots of people back IMO.

Now windows is coming out with a slick tablet and its going to be the same thing. Hardware wars.

IMO near time to sell sell sell sell

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Im in

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    It seems like the post-Jobs phones are more efficient and better at what they do well but aren't bringing anything new to the table. Taking pics while using video is cool but other phones had that. How about hologram projection, or getting in front of the camera MP race? Where is the innovation in the past few years?
    The decline in innovation started when Jobs was still there didn't it? Seems like Apple invented this stuff (iPod & smartphones) but now the other companies have caught up and are gonna kick Apple's ass.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Not really impressed.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!

The race is at thinnest and fastest.

iPhone changed smartphones forever. Like it or not.

There's only so much u can do now.

No different then new cars. "oh it's get a bigger engine and leather seats now"

I've owned the s3 and nexus. No comparison to iPhone. The s3 was hard to use all the phone screen with one hand, crappy software. iOS is hands down the fastest best software.

Bill u said the megapixel race? Go on eBay and buy a $99 18mp no name camera and let me know how great it is.

It's not in the MP anymore it's in the sensors, backlight, lens quality, filtering, ect.

You can say sell sell sell but this will be apples biggest holiday quarter ever coming up. Plus when the iPad mini drops.

Apple has the cult following and will always be on top

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

My only complaints are the usual ones. No SD card, no swap able battery. Lack of a sense of innovation is there, Jobs didn't ever really make spectacular devices he merely took what was out there & perfected it. Think Dyson products. We're still missing the fluid unison of devices.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Sounds like the equivalkent of my EVO LTE 4G that i've had for months, and 2 years prior to that on my old model

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Sounds like the equivalkent of my EVO LTE 4G that i've had for months, and 2 years prior to that on my old model
    Lol not even close! Way better screen, way thinner, internals way faster

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Androids are the way to go.

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post
    Lol not even close! Way better screen, way thinner, internals way faster
    excuse me...but HOW the FUK would you know??? you don't have one!

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Androids are the way to go.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

How do they expect people to get excited over adding features that have been widely available for years now? I know there are a lot of people who are blindly loyal, but that's just insulting to the consumer's intelligence.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

The race is at thinnest and fastest.

iPhone changed smartphones forever. Like it or not.

There's only so much u can do now.

No different then new cars. "oh it's get a bigger engine and leather seats now"

I've owned the s3 and nexus. No comparison to iPhone. The s3 was hard to use all the phone screen with one hand, crappy software. iOS is hands down the fastest best software.

Bill u said the megapixel race? Go on eBay and buy a $99 18mp no name camera and let me know how great it is.

It's not in the MP anymore it's in the sensors, backlight, lens quality, filtering, ect.

You can say sell sell sell but this will be apples biggest holiday quarter ever coming up. Plus when the iPad mini drops.

Apple has the cult following and will always be on top
    Camera on the iphone sucked IMO..so they improved what sucked. I think their closed off platform has them living and dying on new inventions. If they are going to be the same they are sitting ducks because they cant compete with every other company that can specialize in something and make it better. I really think they were banking more on Suri and it wont be long before everyone isnt using wolfram to do the same.

The last cool thing I saw buzz about were smartphone sunglasses....Google prototype

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I got my upgrade in October, may go with the 4s!

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!

Camera on the iphone sucked IMO..so they improved what sucked. I think their closed off platform has them living and dying on new inventions. If they are going to be the same they are sitting ducks because they cant compete with every other company that can specialize in something and make it better. I really think they were banking more on Suri and it wont be long before everyone isnt using wolfram to do the same.

The last cool thing I saw buzz about were smartphone sunglasses....Google prototype
    Bill....if you are talking about the 4s camera you may be slightly more retarded then The Prick. Do a search on any blog site, the 4s camera blew away ANY AND EVERY cell phone camera

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rather have the EVO...My friends with Iphones laugh at the comparisons of their Iphones and my phone. Every possible way the EVO is better than the current Iphone (unless you're a software nerd and need the Iphones rather than Android)

Phone is skinnier and larger in size. it's a monster compared to the Iphone. BUt yet it still fits just as comfortable in your pocket as the Iphone.

They said they'll probably switch away from Iphone. Maybe this new one will make them stay.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Bill....if you are talking about the 4s camera you may be slightly more retarded then The Prick. Do a search on any blog site, the 4s camera blew away ANY AND EVERY cell phone camera
    I don't care what you say Iwin. Im telling people to sell and it's going to drive the stock in the ground after I short it. I may even tweet it and start wearing I heart Android Tshirt.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

does anyone have droid razr?

i am up for 2 year renewal and will either get iphone5 or evo/razr - have to check them out

will all my songs transfer from iphone 3gs to android product easily? i am not tech savvy AT ALL

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

i am up for 2 year renewal and will either get iphone5 or evo/razr - have to check them out

will all my songs transfer from iphone 3gs to android product easily? i am not tech savvy AT ALL

I couldn't tell ya...and if you arent tech savvy and used to Iphone, might as well stick with the new Iphone.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!

I don't care what you say Iwin. Im telling people to sell and it's going to drive the stock in the ground after I short it. I may even tweet it and start wearing I heart Android Tshirt.
    Stop drinkin johns koolaid. Ima smack you with the new iPhone at the next bash

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

I'm already short AAPL on two year LEAP's. I'm sitting on some bad numbers at the moment though. Need 100 point downturn in the next 20 months just to break even.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!

Mikey, a program called isyncr (costs a couple bux) will sync your iTunes library onto a android phone very easily

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Stop drinkin johns koolaid. Ima smack you with the new iPhone at the next bash
    I'll block it with my ipad shield...that I'll be using as a coaster at the bash.

marcojuiceman
    marcojuiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cannot wait to sit in a line 16 hours for it.. No MY

milwaukee mike

Mikey, a program called isyncr (costs a couple bux) will sync your iTunes library onto a android phone very easily
    you obviously have never seen me try to use my phone or anything else

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

so fking pumped my upgrade is October 29th so basically the 1st of November cant wait

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

You have to jailbreak your iPhone and iPad. I did that and it made them so much better. It makes your device so much more customizable and you can download programs that you really need and can't get unless your device is jailbroken. U can't get the most out of your device unless you jailbreak it.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

still long on AAPL here but incredibly disappointed in this release, phone already looks dated and hasn't even hit shelves yet. need the 13" rMBP and ipad mini to be released next month for a solid Q4.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

Mikey Pal, I have the Droid Razr I just switched to verizon. I love the hell out of the phone and it's old tech now. There was an instant upgrade to ICS and they will update it to Jelly bean here shortly. That being said since I'm within my 14 days I will probably be buying the Razr M they just announced.

I pretty much hate Android as an OS. But I hate iOS more because everything is tied to my CC or the app store doesn't work; even for free apps. Switched from a 4 to the Razr would not go back. Also Google just bought Motorola's Mobile side or at least a huge chunk of it, which means constant updates & real hardware support is now guaranteed.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    so fking pumped my upgrade is October 29th so basically the 1st of November cant wait
    thank God for people like you

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by borednaz View Post
    Mikey Pal, I have the Droid Razr I just switched to verizon. I love the hell out of the phone and it's old tech now. There was an instant upgrade to ICS and they will update it to Jelly bean here shortly. That being said since I'm within my 14 days I will probably be buying the Razr M they just announced.

I pretty much hate Android as an OS. But I hate iOS more because everything is tied to my CC or the app store doesn't work; even for free apps. Switched from a 4 to the Razr would not go back. Also Google just bought Motorola's Mobile side or at least a huge chunk of it, which means constant updates & real hardware support is now guaranteed.
    thanks for the feedback

123 Last