PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

titty, findthelock just said anything over 10, so shut the fukk up.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    your not answering my questions

if 100 sets is overtraining, is 99 sets also overtraining??

answer with yes or no
    nah man 99 is not >10 so the answer is no. If 99 were >10 then it would def be over training, but since it's not, 99 is the perfect amount of sets for every reasonable weight lifter. Only pussies do less than 99 sets of 1,000 pull ups and push ups.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Can't argue, titty is 100% solid man muscle.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

1 set high intensity training is the best method for building muscle

Once muscular growth has been stimulated, it can't be stimulated anymore than what it is. Anymore than the exact precise amount is overtraining. There is no such thing as stimulating the muscles further by doing a 2nd set after doing one set to failure. The stimulus responsible for increasing size and strength is the last rep of a set carried to failure, and that last rep has to be progressive resistance or overload. Aka , one more rep than your previous best or more weight, or more time under tension. A 2nd, 3rd set or more does absolutely nothing but go into your recovery ability causing you not to gain as much muscle or strength that you could have. Mr Olympia dorian yates, 1st mr olympia larry scott, 4 certification programsmt the editor of ironman magazine, the inventor of nautilus and medex and cybex all agree with what i posted. Either growth is stimulated or it isn't.
    For the dumb folk that are stubborn or have been brainwashed into believing something else i will explain more.

Think of your muscles as dirt on the ground and building muscle as the mountain on top of the dirt.
    You do a set and a hole is dug into the dirt, aka the muscle.

Example: you do a set of standing barbell curls to failure where you can't do another rep. You have damaged, aka , contracted muscle cells.
    This is like digging a hole into the ground.
    Now by doing a 2nd set or 3rd and so on, all your doing is making the whole deeper and deeper. You do not want to make the whole deeper. By doing the 1 set to failure in the curl you have stimulated growth. Not too many people know , but the exact same chemicals in the body that are used for recovery are the exact same chemicals used for muscular growth.
    By doing a 2nd or 3rd set or more after you have done 1 set to failure all your doing is digger a deeper hole , now your body has to use up your resources that would be used for muscular growth. They now have to be used for recovery when they could of been used for growth.
    The very 1st thing the body needs to do to grow is to recover. The muscle cannot gain muscle or strength until it has recovered. Aka filling up the hole that was dug. After the hole is filled up, if growth was stimulated, the body then overcompensates and builds dirt on top of the ground, aka, making your muscles bigger.
    A set you can normaly perform 10 reps with and for some reason you only did 1 rep, would you ever grow or gain strength? No. Why? Because the intensity of effort on that rep is low and your muscles are not fatigued and have no reason to expand beyond its existing compacity.
    If you only did 7 or 8 or 9 reps you still would not grow because your body knows it can do 10 reps . After each rep you do the body contracts more and more muscle cells until it can no longer do another rep. If you do 10 reps your body still would not grow because you can curl the weight ten times.
    In order to grow you have to do what you haven't done before and that is an 11th rep . Not 2 or 3 or 4 sets, but 1 set and one set to failure where you can't do another rep and you do that 11th rep.
    This goes for all exercises. If you can incline dumbell press 80 pound dumbells for 5 reps, the next workout you either have to do
    1. go up in weight or
    2. Do the 80 pound dumbells for 6 reps , or more.
    No growth can be stimulated by doing a 2nd set or 3rd, or 4th or 5th or 6th set. Once growth has been stimulated by doing that 11 rep on the curl or doing that 6th rep in the dumbell press. No 2nd set is needed or should be even desired. Any more sets goes into your recovery ability and is overtraining.
    This is why people can lift weights for years or everybody can do a routine and people can see various results.
    They all stimulated growth if they went up in weight or reps, but people are seeing different results only because some people can tolerate more exercise or have different recovery abilities. The fact that you feel like you can do more doesn't mean you should do more and it shouldn't.

I said it earlier in this post and I'll say it again. THE ONE AND ONLY STIMULUS RESPONSIBLE FOR INCREASING SIZE AND STRENGTH IS THE LAST REP OF A SET CARRIED TO FAILURE AS LONG AS PROGRESSIVE RESISTANCE OR PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD IS APPLIED. ALL THE OTHER REPS OF A SET DO NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT WARMUP REPS UNTIL YOU DO YOUR LAST REP WHERE GROWTH CAN BE STIMULATED.

The body was not meant to lift weights. God did not itend for the body to be used for weightlifting. This is only done for various reasons, like getting better at sports, wanting to big build bigger or stronger muscles for whatever your own personal reasons are.
    The body has week links when lifting. Like when doing bench presses. The front deltoids and triceps are being worked much more then the chest. Or when doing pulldowns the biceps and shoulders are being worked. This is why people complain when lifting that they feel nothing in a certain area they think they are working.
    This is why you should use great form and slow your repititions down so you can get a muscular contraction in the muscle group you are training. Many times it is also necessary to pre exhaust the muscle to remove the week links.
    Example: When doing pulldowns you 1st need to warmup your muscles. Do a light set of pulldowns for a few reps, not to failure with a light weight, then do a medium set, aka a slightly heavier set not to failure .
    Then go over to the pullover machine and do 1 set to failure in the pullover or in the dumbell pullover with a weight you can do for around 10 reps.
    As soon as you cannot do another rep. Walk over to the pulldown and do 1 set to failure in the pulldown. For the very 1st time in your life you may of experienced something you have felt before. The feeling of having to stop your set because you are getting a cramp in your lat or feel it so much in your lats you feel like they are going to explode. You have stimulated real muscle growth without having week links like the biceps and shoulders involved.
    No 2nd set is needed . A 2nd set would do nothing but go into your recovery ability causing you not to gain as much strength and muscles as your genetics allows.

The proper way to train has been out for year right in people's faces for everyone to see for years but along the way people have tried to sabbotage it with other various workouts, beliefs, aka, like religious beliefs or economic beliefs to make you believe that something else is the truth, when in fact, the exact opposite may be true, and usually is.

What about certification programs? Anyone can become a certified trainer. In fact you can become a certified trainer online in less than 3 hours. You purchase the program online. You then click the option that you have read the material and are ready to take the test. You then take the test online. You then get graded. 3 hours later you are a certified trainer. Now guess what. Did you know most cerification programs don't even really grade you? Why? Because they want your money. They are not going to flunk anyone for the most part because if they do , then they can't take your money and send you a certification certificate. Most certification programs are exactly alike with some modification so they don't copy other programs. This is how and why anyone can start a certification program. Its all about the money.
    So who certifies the cerifier? Who certifies them? The answer is noone. Anyone can be a certified trainer and anyone can start their own certification program. In fact if you wanted to start your own certification program tommorrow, you could and for very little cost.
    As an experiment, i stopped writing this and became a certified trainer again in less than 30 minutes. Not hard at all. There are several hundred certification programs and they all have one goal. Get you certified and take your money. Then out of the blue, you need to send more money in a year to remain certified. Did i lose training knowledge in that year that i have to send money to regain it?
    The moral is, most certification programs are crap , in fact horrendous just like most training programs people are on.
    Most certified trainers don't even know the basic fundementals of their field. This goes for alot of our leaders in various fields. The best trainer at your gym could be the strongest guy , but i doubt it, but could easily be someone that has never touched a weight. You don't gain knowlege by lifting weights. You gain it from learning by reading, and observing and having an open mind. Of course not many knowledgable people have never not touched a weight, but listening to someone with great genes, or on growth hormone or says listen to them because they are certified may not be the way to go either.
    This reminds me as a child when i never touched a weight and overheard someone recommend for someone to do 4 sets of 8 on a certain exercise. I was only 4 years old, but i remember asking why not 3 sets of 8 or 5 sets of 8 or 3 sets of 7 or 3 sets of 9.
    I never got an answer , except for a mean look. I doubt anyone can clearly answer this, with the exception of myself and a few other individuals. Being a genious that didnt talk much as a child that was known to be shy, such a response by me then was probaly too much for the gym trainer to handle.
    Congrats if you read all this. You may have finally learned something this year. This will be posted and has been posted on various forums. Even been offered a job at an online bodybuilding site because of it. Yes its true, im eating doritos as i write this. But we all have things to learn and our own weeknesses.
    Goal + plan + motivation is the key to success.

If anyone really want to learn how to lift weights, learn something of value or to finally gain some real muscle, strength, or get in shape or better at there sport. How about contacting someone that will tell you the truth?
    Im already training over 400 people across the country online with near 100 percent success rate. All free, I"ll never charge anyone that needs help..

contact me, ttwarrior1

ttwarrior1

ttwarrior1

Very often an individual's progress ceases entirely because he failed to account for a very important consideration: that during periods of physical-muscular progress the body is not static, it is in a process of change; and that as the body changes training requirements change. (This was only touched upon briefly in Heavy Duty I; but elaborated thoroughly in Heavy Duty II.) In fact, this is the most important issue in bodybuilding science once the fundamentals of intensity, volume and frequency are grasped.
    A properly conducted bodybuilding program is essentially a strength training program. Or, in other words, if one wants to grow larger he must grow stronger. When someone starts to argue with me on this point, I say, "What is one supposed to do to grow larger, get weaker? As one grows stronger, i.e., as the weights grow progressively greater, the stresses on the body become progressively greater; and must be compensated for. (This is the conceptual link that high-intensity theorists have been missing; and which explains their inability to answer the question of sticking points.)
    Perhaps the easiest way to understand this phenomenon is to observe the stresses on your body when performing a warm-up set of Squats compared to those experienced during the actual workout set to failure. On the heavier workout set, you immediately recognize the much greater stress on the bones compared to that with the warm-up set; then the much greater demands on the cardio-respiratory system, and so forth. (Not available to conscious awareness are the physiologic-metabolic stresses.) Now simply extrapolate that into the situation over time, as you lift progressively greater weights workout to workout.
    As the stresses grow progressively greater, they will eventually reach a critical point such that they constitute overtraining. The first symptom will be a slow down in progress; and if the individual continues with the same volume and frequency protocol, the stresses will continue to increase until there is a complete cessation of progress, typically referred to as a "sticking point." One need not ever experience a slow down in progress, let alone a sticking point, if he bears in mind all the while that as the weights grow progressively greater so do the stresses; and he must do certain specific things to compensate for them.
    Within two to three weeks upon embarking on a Heavy Duty, high-intensity training program, a bodybuilder should begin inserting an extra rest day or even two at random beyond the suggested every fourth day workout so that he's compensating for the increasing stresses; and, then, with increasing regularity until he is training but once every five days with an extra rest day or two added beyond that.
    To quell any fear about the progressive reduction of training frequency, consider this. An individual making progress training once every fourth day, i.e., whose body is overcompensating--(i.e., growing stronger and larger)--cannot lose anything by taking a further day or two of rest. If his body is overcompensating on day four, how is it that he would decompensate on day five or six? So, while there is no risk of a negative, no threat of a loss, by inserting an extra day or two of rest, there is the actuality of a positive; which is - with the extra rest day(s) you have that much greater certainty that enough time has elapsed between workouts to allow the body sufficient opportunity to complete both the recovery and the growth processes. The implication here is that if the individual trains again before the body's growth production process is completed, it will be short-circuited; and less than 100 units of possible progress realized.
    Reduced volume will necessitate switching from the Suggested Workout #1 to the Consolidation Program. With a consolidation routine, there is a decided shift in emphasis to predominately compound exercises, i.e., ones that involve multiple muscle groups, such as Squats, Dips and Deadlifts, etc. A workout program consisting of compound exercises still works all of the major muscle groups, but with fewer total sets, making for a minimal inroad into recovery ability. (Ideally, growth would be stimulated with zero sets; then none of the body's limited recovery ability would be used for recovery, it would all be used for growth production; and you'd grow so fast as to stagger the imagination. At this juncture, however, no one knows how to stimulate growth with zero sets.)
    Following the above advice, you'll never hit a sticking point; you will experience unbreached progress with your training. As I have written before: if scientists can send a man to the moon and bring him back safely each time, we should be able to succeed with every one of our missions to the gym here on earth. Building bigger muscles should be a cake walk compared to moon walk.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Tits, I want to join the hundreds of guys you help train. Where do I send my check?

ttwarrior1

How Brief is Brief Enough?

by Dave Sears
    Editor and Publisher of Muscles in Minutes

An important factor in determining proper exercise “dosage” is the time off in between your workouts. Mike Mentzer spoke about this issue on countless occasions and was often quite specific; start with 4-5 days between workouts and add 1 or 2 days as your progress stalls. Eventually, you could end up working out once every 10 - 12 days (or less).
    However, Mike also recognized - and often referred to - the necessity of the stimulus being brief. How brief is brief enough? The answer is simple; as brief as necessary to stimulate growth, but not impede the growth process. I acknowledge this doesn’t sound simple to figure out, but with a little testing of days off and volume, it will be.
    As editor and publisher of Mike’s latest book, Muscles in Minutes, we often discussed his most recent and greatest thoughts and ideas. We both knew that while it would be possible to further “tweak” his tremendously successful training program, this was pretty much “it”. It would be nearly impossible to improve upon his methodology in any grand-scale way.
    The purpose of this article is to share a personal discovery with you. It should help some of you jumpstart your gains - and make Mike smile in the process. Over the past few years, I constantly experimented with my training - always reporting my conclusions to Mike. He was never surprised by my findings, just validated. After all, he didn’t need convincing that his training worked. Here are a few thoughts about what I have learned.
    Days off…
    While living in a vacuum as much as possible (same diet, same rest, same activity), I experimented with only one variable: days off in between my workouts. I performed an abbreviated total-body routine (3 exercises) and never varied the exercises. To be exact in measurement of strength, I used both rep count and the T.U.L. (time under load) method and was careful to record accurate times and keep rep modality as consistent as possible.
    Overall, I tested (in 2 - 4 day increments) from 2 days off to 26 days off. After careful review, I determined that if I took any less than 6 days off - or more than 12 days off - I actually became weaker. I had (disappointingly) determined that the key (for me) was not as simple as adding days off in between workouts. Even staying in the 6 - 12 day off range, I was making barely perceptible progress.

Volume…
    However, I knew that the complete equation involves both rest and volume. I had not initially planned on testing this [volume], because I was already doing an abbreviated routine and felt that any less exercise would be no exercise at all!

Yet, after applying logic to the situation, I decided to experiment anyway. I started with the facts I knew, and systematically eliminated the variables that were not in question. After all, as Mike said, if a training method is valid, it is valid all the time - it should work consistently. If it does not, the method (or a component of it) is not valid.

I checked my premises and concluded that:

• a. One set was certainly enough stimulus to cause growth (if performed properly), so I could eliminate the testing of adding of additional sets
      b. While I was training only once every 6 - 10 days - seeing marginal gains, I knew that I could eliminate the testing of days off in between workouts (I had tested that!)
      c. Creating different workouts (with different exercises) was not the answer as I had tested that before and knew there was a more basic issue at hand
      d. After rationally reviewing all available variables, I concluded the only one that needed to be tested was volume - so where did I start? At the beginning…

I consequently further reduced my workout to the following:

• Workout 1: (1) set of pulldowns
      Workout 2: (1) set of incline presses
      Workout 3: (1) set of squats

Each workout was followed by 4 days off (later increased to 5, then 6 days off). After not having made any significant strength gains in the previous 8 months, I increased strength in EVERY workout for 2-1/2 months! I was especially amazed since one of the exercises (pulldowns) I had not increased in strength in 2 years!
    I had previously been thinking that my days of strength increases were over forever - something I did not even want to consider. However, by thinking “outside the box”, and testing objectively (as Mike encouraged), I was able to break through to the next level.

By the way, the only reason I didn’t continue my strength increases past 2-1/2 months was due to two significant health issues back-to-back. However, I am now back in top shape, have just started back on that Super Consolidated Routine, and will report my progress as it occurs.

Mike, you were right - once again!

ttwarrior1

Five Types of Exercise: Which is Best?

by Arthur Jones
    Article from IronMan,

With a barbell, while training without the help of assistants, you have only one choice regarding the type of exercise...you are restricted to a "normal" type of exercise, movements involving in both positive and negative work.
    But if assistants are available, then you have a wider choice. If the weight is lifted for you, then you can restrict your exercise to "negative only" work.
    AND...if you are training with an exercise machine, you can lift the weight with two arms (or two legs0 and lower it with one arm (or one leg). Thus providing "negative accentuated" work.
    Until very recently, those four types of exercise were the only choices available...(1) normal, (2negative only, (3) Positive only or (4) negative accentuated. But now, a fifth type of exercise has been added to the list of choices...HYPER, a new type of exercise involving both positive and negate work and providing absolutely maximum levels of intensity during both the lifting and lowering of the weight.
    At this point in time (September of 1973), little or nothing is yet known about the results of training with this new type of exercise...so the real value of such a type of training remains unproven. However, certain basic points related to this new type of exercise are already clearly established; so we can, at least, examine these known factors in the light of simple logic.
    ONE...for the purpose of increasing muscular size and strength, the results of exercise are closely related to the intensity of work. Low intensity exercise will do little or nothing in the way of increasing strength, regardless of the amount of exercise performed...medium intensity exercise will increase strength, but slowly and only up to a certain limited point...high intensity exercise is an absolute requirement for producing rapid and large scale strength increases, and it appears that the higher the intensity, the better the results.
    HPER exercises provide maximum possible intensity of exercise, during both the positive and negative parts of the work; so it would appear to be logical to assume that hyper exercises are better than other types of exercise for the purpose of stimulating growth.
    Which is certainly an important consideration...but not the ONLY consideration. Low intensity exercise is almost worthless for the purpose of increasing strength, simply because it does very little if anything in the way of STIMULATING growth. So it logically follows that hyper exercises, by providing maximum intensity, should produce maximum growth stimulation.
    Muscular growth is produced only when two factors are involved...growth must be STIMULATED, but it must also be PERMITTED.
    A resting body does not grow in a complete lack of exercise; on the contrary, in a state of total inactivity, muscular size and strength is quickly lost.
    AND ...exercised muscles do not grow unless growth is permitted by proper rest. In fact, the results of overwork are very similar to the results of total inactivity...losses in muscular size and strength.
    Proper exercise must be of high intensity in order to stimulate growth...but it must also be brief and infrequent in order to permit growth.
    Hyper exercises raise the level of intensity to a point that was never before possible in a practical manner, if at all...so growth stimulation should also be greater than ever. But it is also true that high intensity exercises impose a higher level of demands upon the overall recovery ability of the body, and it remains to be seen just what effect this will have on the ability of the body to grow.
    If we can judge by previous experience, then the use of hyper exercises will require a great reduction in the amount of training...because, when the intensity of exercise is increased, the amount of exercise must be reduced. When you train harder, you must train less...and you have no choice in the matter.

Everyone is not different, we are essentially the same. Some people can tolerate more exercise. It does not mean that it is good for them

ttwarrior1

How to Add Size on Your Arms – Quickly!
    Arthur Jones's Unsuspected Secret

(This article involves an intriguing promise that Arthur Jones
    issued in IronMan magazine during the early 1970s.)

by Ellington Darden, Ph.D.

"From only one workout," Arthur Jones announced, "I'll put half an inch of permanent muscle size on each of your upper arms!"
    Jones's pledge was made to advanced bodybuilders, who were readers of IronMan. These men would do almost anything to add a fraction of an inch to their biceps and triceps.
    Furthermore, Jones backed up his declaration with a remarkable guarantee:
    "If you don't put half an inch of solid muscle on your arms, I'll pay your expenses to and from Florida."
    As you can imagine, many bodybuilders made the journey to DeLand, Florida, in the early 1970s. I witnessed Jones put dozens of men through his workouts. And crazy as this whole challenge seemed, he actually made good on his promise. I never saw any of these men ask for his expenses to be reimbursed.
    A quick half an inch of muscle on each arm? What was Jones's secret? How was he able to stimulate growth so fast?
    The secret to such growth was totally unsuspected by most bodybuilders.

Jones's Formula
    Here's the formula that Arthur Jones devised:
    Jones would meet the arriving bodybuilder at the airport, bus station, or a local restaurant. Almost immediately he'd get out his tape and measure the trainee's upper arms – on the first flex, cold, and unpumped – and record it appropriately in his yellow tablet, along with the guy's name, age, and date. Arthur was a vigilant record keeper. Then, over a large and leisurely meal, they'd talk training and Jones's harder-but-briefer philosophy.
    After an hour of conversation, Jones would check the visitor into a Daytona Beach motel, where he was instructed to spend the next three nights and days sleeping and resting. Invariably, the bodybuilder would ask, "But what about my workout?"
    Jones knew from his dinner discussion that the bodybuilder was in a state of overtraining – as most were then, and are now – so it would be counterproductive to exercise him straight away in that condition. What he desperately needed was rest, relaxation, and sleep – plenty of all three – and no workouts.
    Yes, the trainee could enjoy the beach, the sun, the surf, and the fresh air. But no, absolutely no, exercise of any kind. And Jones made the guy give him his word on this.
    On the afternoon of the fourth day, Arthur would meet the bodybuilder at the Quonset hut gym behind DeLand High School. That was where Jones housed his early Nautilus equipment.
    Talk about being enthusiastic, the guy would usually be almost wild. After training daily, often twice a day, for years – the body feels simply great after three days of rest.
    Before the workout, however, Jones would measure the trainee's arms again. With most bodybuilders, their arms would already be 1/4-inch larger. That's right, 1/4-inch bigger from no exercise – from just rest and sleep.

Three days and nights of forced rest and sleep . . . was Jones's unsuspected secret to quick growth.
    Thus, if you even remotely think that you might be in a state of overtraining, coerce yourself to take three or four days off from anything related to exercise. Double-check your recovery ability by comparing accurate before-and-after measurements (three-days apart) of your flexed upper arms.
    A slight increase in arm size is a clear indication that you are training too much and lacking in sleep.

The Workout
    The workout never consisted of more than 10 exercises. Usually there were two exercises for the legs, two for the torso, and the rest devoted to the arms.
    For example:

1. Leg extension machine
    2. Leg curl machine
    3. Nautilus pullover machine
    4. Nautilus rowing-torso machine
    5. Standing biceps curl with barbell*, immediately followed by
    6. Nautilus biceps machine, immediately followed by
    7. Pulldown on lat machine
    8. Bench press with barbell*, immediately followed by
    9. Nautilus triceps machine, immediately followed by
    10. Dip on parallel bars

* Do not rest between exercises 5, 6, & 7 . . . and 8, 9, & 10.
    Only one set of approximately 8 to 12 repetitions was performed, but each exercise was carried to all-out failure. Particular attention was placed on the contracted position of the biceps and triceps exercises. It's impossible to describe the type of failure that Arthur Jones gets out of people, except to say simply: It's extreme!
    Many of the bodybuilders would throw up after the first three exercises. All of them wanted to. They all took a long rest, flat on their backs or stomachs, after the workout. No one ever asked for a second set of any exercise.
    An hour after the workout, and over another meal, Jones was back explaining his new philosophy. It was surprising how much more receptive and inquisitive the bodybuilder was now. After another hour or two, it was back to the motel for another night's sleep.

The Result
    Jones would arrive early the next morning (day 5) at the motel for the climatic measurements and yellow-tablet comparison of the data.
    On each one I ever witnessed or heard about, there was at least a 1/2-inch increase on each upper arm. A few gained 5/8 of an inch or more.
    Only two guys came close to failing. They registered a 7/16-inch increase per arm, but after one more night's sleep, they were up another 1/8 inch.

Salient Advice
    I've learned a great deal about strength training and bodybuilding from being associated with Arthur Jones for 35 years. But nothing I've learned has more salience than the importance of rest and sleep in building larger and stronger muscles. This was especially true for the biceps and triceps.
    I've also read many articles and books on rest and sleep that complement Jones's beliefs. I'm convinced that you'll get better results from your high-intensity training if you apply the following guidelines:

• Achieve 10 hours of sleep each night if you are a teenager.

• Get 9 hours of sleep each night if you are an adult.

• Schedule a 15-minute nap each day, if possible.

• Do less exercise, not more – if in doubt about the length of your routines.

• Limit any type of vigorous activity on your off days.

• Keep accurate records of measurements, workouts, and sleeping and resting schedules.

• Take a 9-day layoff after each period of six months of steady training.

Conclusion
    If you rest and sleep abundantly, your muscles will reward you well. Incorporate Arthur Jones's unsuspected secret into your training today.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Good job copying and pasting.

Mods can we have this thread Salooned and locked please.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 04-28-16 at 01:50 PM. Reason: image does not exist

hawley

TT how many chin ups can you do?

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    tell that to my weightlifting trophies hawley

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

Keep justifying your "workouts" with these articles. Just because some fat dude works to failure doesn't mean he's building max muscle.

ttwarrior1

its copying and pasting of my threads hoss

If 100 sets is overtraining, and so is 99, what about 98? 97? 96 and so on and so on

What number does it take for you to say a certain amount of sets is ok? 40 sets?

If 40 sets is okay, how is 39 not enough? How is 41 too much?

What about ten sets? how can 9 not be enough and 11 too much???

Of course you have to do at least 1 set to have a workout.

Some day people will figure out that sets do not cause strength or muscular growth. Its the rep and the way
    you do it.

1 set more than the exact amount required is overtraining.

Of course your physique has to do with diet, but to gain muscle you have to stimulate growth.

I bet half of you have never even heard of that statement. Stimulate growth and there is no such thing
    as doing another set to gain extra muscle.

Maybe some of this even makes sense to a few of you, but i doubt it.

hawley

TT you are fat

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

100 sets of 1.rep chin.ups? No its not. Rofl

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

TitiesWarrior, nobody is taking this thread serious because you're FAT. Deal with it, fatso.

Saloon is waiting to eat this thread.

hawley

Salooned

Can you imagine anyone taking fitness advice from this fat fukk...

Guy cannot find his dikk under his layers of fat yet he wants to tell others how to train

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Now you all understand why tt was put in charge of the fantasy room​.

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

100 sets? That's fukkn crazy. Way too much. Overtraining for sure.

There's maybe one exception and I'll explain it real quick.

If you can't really do chinups and you can only do 1 or 2 at a time then it would be ok. I used to be a personal trainer and guys that had problems with chinups I'd have them do 100 anyway they could get em even if it took 100 sets.

Bottom line is you need to do about 20 sets of 10-20 reps of different back excercises or you could just do pullups.

Deadlifts are the best back excercise you can possibly do. They work your whole back and make you strong as fukk.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

Wtf is wrong with you? 100?99?98? Are you fcking retarded?

SHUT THE FCK UP ALREADY!

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

TT, what if a person could do 200 reps, but stopped at 100? Are they overtraining?

What if I do 5 sets of 20 widegrip pullups bodyweight and stop, but could keep going?

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

There's so much that go's into pullups and training I could be here all night.

Unless you're in prison you shouldn't be doing just pull ups. Anybody that is SERIOUS about tips on training pm me.

First 12