stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

M*A*S*H trivia

How many times did Hawkeye Pierce salute somebody or something in the TV series?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Did he salute a statue of an ass once?

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

once

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

I thought it was twice, but I was wrong.

• He (and Trapper) saluted Margie Cutler, when she lost her towel after running out of the shower (in episode I/3: Requiem for a Lightweight)
    • When two new nurses arrive in the camp, Hawkeye saluted one of them (in episode I/14: Love Story)
    • He saluted for Capt. Jonathan Tuttle at his commemoration (in episode I/15: Tuttle)
    • He saluted as he left the swamp naked for the mess tent (in episode I/18: Dear Dad...Again)
    • He saluted Frank as he sits on the latrine after playing a trick on him (in episode I/24: Showtime)
    • He saluted Frank before playing a trick on him (in episode II/25: Divided We Stand)
    • He saluted Frank on the way to nurse Erika (in episode II/27: Radar's Report)
    • Hawkeye and Trapper saluted Hot Lips in her tent, while she was holding a massage appliance in her right hand (in episode II/32: The Trial of Henry Blake)
    • He saluted a major, as he and Trapper were standing in front of the three incubators (in episode II/36: The Incubator)
    • He saluted Radar after he handed him over his medal (in episode VI/122: Fallen Idol)
    • He saluted Radar in the OP before Radar left home (in episode VIII/174: Good-Bye Radar)
    • He saluted Father Mulcahy, when he was promoted to Captain in Rosie's bar (in episode VIII/182: Captains Outrageous)
    • Hawkeye and B.J. saluted Col. Potter, when they said 'Goodbye' to him (in episode XI/251: Goodbye, Farewell and Amen)

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Absolutely one of the greatest TV shows ever and one of my all-time favorites.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Only show that can make you laugh and cry in the same scene...