wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    mods saloon this shit.

Considering guidelines were given that it either had to contain a political view which, a play, a sports related query or a video it would seem as though this does indeed qualify as Saloon material over Players Talk. Course this is where that all important and completely inconsistent "discretion" come into play. Different rules apply to different posters. Poor Cougar is turning over in his proverbial semi-retired grave.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26811

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Took my daughter to her first day of kindergarten today. Here in Texas its a full day, 8-3:30, 5 days a week. Not gonna lie, it was one of the toughest moments I've had. Funny thing is, it's not her that it was so hard on....it was me and her mom. She was pretty excited about the whole deal. Hanging out with kids her age, playing on the playground, getting to be a jr. cheerleader. I, on the other hand, was a wreck. Barely made it outside before I cried like a bitch.

Maybe some others on here know what I'm talking about. Hopefully you young guys will get to experience it one day. If you do, just remember to enjoy every minute to the fullest. I know its cliche', but you won't believe how quickly it passes.
    opie im a lil bit younger than you but moved my son into college during the bash weekend it was a rude awakening. this fukking kid was ready to spread his wings and do what men do time goes by so quickly enjoy it while its there because before you know it she will be gone ready to spread her wings and make a life for herself its not easy at all i was shocked but it was time to let go and let him be a man. enjoy and appreciate every moment you have with her because before you know it she will be off and on her own. its special, enjoy every minute you have with her because you will never get this time back.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: opie1988

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

to be frank, this is modern day soft-ism

thought was going to open the thread and read something dramatic. I remember my friend crying when they killed a man just outside her house and her cousin committed suicide shortly thereafter ... now that's legit

but this? come on!

Oprah is in your future, Opie

"Hi, this is Shawndeequa DeBrickeShaw Oprah, and our next guest is a 6'8" man with a 12-inch penis. Recently he was crying like a little baby! We'll have that next on Oprah.... right after these commercials" ...

Commercial break now. Oprah says to her assistant: "Now where are my fukking bananas and watermelon I ordered during the last commercial break!!!"

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

on a side note, my son who lives with my ex called last night and asked if i would take him to his first day of highschool today. called him a pussy and hung up the phone.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by wal66 View Post
    Considering guidelines were given that it either had to contain a political view which, a play, a sports related query or a video it would seem as though this does indeed qualify as Saloon material over Players Talk. Course this is where that all important and completely inconsistent "discretion" come into play. Different rules apply to different posters. Poor Cougar is turning over in his proverbial semi-retired grave.
    Hmmmm.....excellent observation here, Walter. Very astute.

Maybe you could ruminate on this a bit more as you're enjoying the infraction I just slapped on ya!!

(Reason for infraction: Violation of sec 10-2.4 - known gayliver. Also mod amusement.)

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

cheer up Opie.

acl123
    syndicate
    acl123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Opie i just overnighted you a box of tissues.
    Dont say i never gave you anything.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
    on a side note, my son who lives with my ex called last night and asked if i would take him to his first day of highschool today. called him a pussy and hung up the phone.
    and you think this makes you a man

wal66

Hmmmm.....excellent observation here, Walter. Very astute.

Maybe you could ruminate on this a bit more as you're enjoying the infraction I just slapped on ya!!

(Reason for infraction: Violation of sec 10-2.4 - known gayliver. Also mod amusement.)
    If you think the above deserved an infraction even if for your personal amusement you would have enjoyed suspending me had I mentioned how if you think you shed a tear today just wait till a few years down the road a teenage angel comes home from school and tells daddy she's pregnant. Now THAT would deserve and infraction as well as your tears.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by wal66 View Post
    If you think the above deserved an infraction even if for your personal amusement you would have enjoyed suspending me had I mentioned how if you think you shed a tear today just wait till a few years down the road a teenage angel comes home from school and tells daddy she's pregnant. Now THAT would deserve and infraction as well as your tears.

The difference is mine was clearly a joke, while yours is just a classless attempt at a lame insult.

Is gaylive shut down or something? Did the main laptop its run from blow the GFI or something??

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

opie read post 72 thats about as real as it gets

wal66

Semantics Opie.

I won't argue if it was classless or not (although class seems to be open to interpretation anyways just depends on how personal it gets) it was still a joke.

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The difference is mine was clearly a joke, while yours is just a classless attempt at a lame insult.

Is gaylive shut down or something? Did the main laptop its run from blow the GFI or something??
    Opie you are the topic on hand at the moment across the street. I believe Raygoof even went as far as saying your daughter will be getting tag teamed by the football when she gets older or something along those lines.

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by frizzelli View Post
    Opie you are the topic on hand at the moment across the street. I believe Raygoof even went as far as saying your daughter will be getting tag teamed by the football when she gets older or something along those lines.

Come on Frizz, no one likes a snitch.

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Come on Frizz, no one likes a snitch.
    Just got a pm from a poster had to let him know, he would do the same if some Internet wanna be tough guys were talking abouty family. I appreciate the pm Hawley.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Opie , when are you having more kids??

And the maids bastards don't count.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never any shame in heartfelt emotion especially from a doting parent. A moment like that is a testament to good parenting and the unconditional love of family. Guy shared his feelings with the community along with some solid advice.

When is the posting community going to understand that family and related topics should be off limits. I see a lot of posts here that are direct insult to a guy and his family, just because it is easy to do. Cowardly as all fukk. Op is a pretty easy target at times and not at all hard to engage without resorting to that kind of crap.

Some of you need to smarten the fukk up.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR_John, and Blondie

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by frizzelli View Post
    Just got a pm from a poster had to let him know, he would do the same if some Internet wanna be tough guys were talking abouty family. I appreciate the pm Hawley.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Never any shame in heartfelt emotion especially from a doting parent. A moment like that is a testament to good parenting and the unconditional love of family. Guy shared his feelings with the community along with some solid advice.

When is the posting community going to understand that family and related topics should be off limits. I see a lot of posts here that are direct insult to a guy and his family, just because it is easy to do. Cowardly as all fukk. Op is a pretty easy target at times and not at all hard to engage without resorting to that kind of crap.

Yes but when you bring the topic of your family to a forum, you open up the possibility that the trolls will attack you and your family.

physed
    physed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

I think I cried too today after teaching at school while having the last 2 1/2 months off. Being a PE teacher with over 70 Kindergartners in a class is quite an adventure needless today
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: griz

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Yes but when you bring the topic of your family to a forum, you open up the possibility that the trolls COWARDS will attack you and your family.
    FYP

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post

Thanks Billy.

I knew before I posted this that it was going to be open season. I actually started to post it earlier in the day, but didn't because I wasn't ready to deal with the insults quite yet. I could give a fukk less that its supposed to be embarrasing that a guy teared up over his kid. Like I've said.....it wasn't a voluntary response. I could no more have stopped it than I could've stopped breathing.

It doesn't bother me when guys take shots at me. I like to think I've got pretty thick skin as well as a sense of humor about myself. Anyone who can't laugh at themselves better not make any videos around here! I do agree that insults directed to ones family members are unnecessary and classless. As you stated.....there's plenty of things about me to insult without needing to go elsewhere.

Thanks for the kind words.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

hawley

why did you post it?

Were you looking for support? or?

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

if that made you cry I don't wanna see you roll past this sign when dropping her off for college..

Name:  lol.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  86.2 KB

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

All the negative comments are from unknowns who have no kids, especially little girls. It's natural to feel this way opie.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    why did you post it?

Were you looking for support? or?

I knew there were some good dads here. I've interacted with several. Today was the first day of school for most kids across the country, so I figured there were probably some guys in the same boat.

I know it isn't our typical subject matter, but I knew I couldn't be the only guy on this forum that's ever felt this way. And I wasn't.

I don't have a Facebook account, and I don't belong to any support groups. I'm a degen gambler with a borderline anti-social disorder.
    You fukks are all I have. An that, as they say....is that.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: hawley, paco, WvGambler, and hardball

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

bradthebloke

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    and you think this makes you a man
    no but it will make him one. Opie where in TX are ya? San Antonio here

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
    no but it will make him one. Opie where in TX are ya? San Antonio here
    Amarillo.

Don't I remember a post of yours not long ago where you had a kid on the way??

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

bradthebloke

ya. my third. a girl. so in a few years. ill be right there with ya

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

she didn't go to preschool?

Gruntworker
    Gruntworker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3899

Ahhh... yeah, the no pre-school thing makes this whole thing make more sense. My boy's first day of kindergarden was awesome... gave me a high five and walked right in. But he had been through years of pre-school before, so he was all hyped up and ready for it. To be honest, I remember seeing a bunch of emotional parents inside/outside the classroom along with more then a few screaming kids who obviously had never been to any pre-school/daycare. I remember thinking at the time... damn, must be rough... as I fist pumped towards my car and my few hours (yeah... in my area it's only 3 1/2 hours kindergarden) of peace and quiet. I'll be doing the same tomorrow after drop off for his first day of 2nd grade. But who knows, maybe it will be different next year with my little girl.

All I can say is, I'm glad to hear that your daughter was fine with going to school Opie! It's the kids that are screaming that I feel bad for. I'm sure she had a blast!

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

Must be nice to have these problems.

Im out fukkin grinding every day to keep the lights on. Don't got time to worry about any kids. Can barely keep myself alive, would not be able to raise another human being.

God bless all who can raise a kid. Better men than me.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I don't have a Facebook account, and I don't belong to any support groups. I'm a degen gambler with a borderline anti-social disorder.
    You fukks are all I have. An that, as they say....is that.

Best four lines I've read at SBR in months.

opaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

bracerman
    bracerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3404

Walking out from dropping my daughter off at the 1st day of kindergarten, I see a mom crying in her husbands arms. I start laughing and turn to my wife to see tears rolling down her cheeks.....oops.

Dropping them off all happy and looking forward to new things was great.

Having your kid come home for the 1st time after being bullied. That was traumatic for me.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Opie tell the old lady to call me. I miss her

First 123456 Last