hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

All 9 Wounded in Empire Shooting were police bullets

Out of 16 bullets shot by police there were 3 direct hits to passersby and the other 6 were wounded from bullet deflection fragments. How can these guys suck so much? Direct hits on 3 innocent people is unacceptable. NY Police

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/25/justic...tate-shooting/

New York (CNN) -- On a busy Friday morning in Manhattan, nine pedestrians suffered bullet or fragment wounds after police unleashed a hail of gunfire at a man wielding a .45 caliber pistol who had just killed a former co-worker.

The officers unloaded 16 rounds in the shadow of the Empire State Building at a disgruntled former apparel designer, killing him after he engaged in a gunbattle with police, authorities said.
    Three passersby sustained direct gunshot wounds, while the remaining six were hit by fragments, according to New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly. All injuries were caused by police, he said Saturday.

One officer shot nine rounds and another shot seven.

Police identified the gunman as Jeffrey Johnson, 58, who was apparently laid off from his job as a designer of women's accessories at Hazan Import Co. last year.

Johnson, who served in the U.S. Coast Guard in the mid-1970s, had two rounds left in his pistol. It holds eight, Kelly said.<cite id="cite17" class="expCaption">Shooting at the Empire State Building</cite>
    <cite class="expCaption"> witness interviewed</cite>
    Police identified the slain co-worker as Steven Ercolino, 41, who had apparently filed a prior complaint against his assailant, claiming that he thought Johnson would eventually try to kill him.

Both men had filed harassment complaints against each other in April 2011, Kelly added.
    Ercolino was listed as a vice president of sales at Hazan Import Corp., according to his LinkedIn profile.
    "It's not something that should happen to a loving person like that," said his brother, Paul. "He's going to be so missed by everybody. He was a light of so many lives."
    His longstanding dispute with the gunman "apparently centered on the fact that Ercolino was not selling -- at least in Johnson's opinion -- as much of his product ... as he wanted him to," Kelly said.
    The suspect lost his job last year at Hazan "as a result of downsizing" but continued to return to the company regularly, engaging in "a confrontation with Ercolino virtually every time he went back."

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Police identified the slain co-worker as Steven Ercolino, 41, who had apparently filed a prior complaint against his assailant, claiming that he thought Johnson would eventually try to kill him.
    Business like usual.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    Business like usual.
    This is the saddest part of the whole ordeal. Even if death threat complaints are wrong 99% of the time every single person who believes someone has a vendetta lives in fear.

I just can't believe how 9 others were wounded because of awful police shooting.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iwinyourmoney is a cop. WTF does that tell you about their standards?

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I wonder when I see some of the beat up fukks here in Chicago what their standards and requirements are.

300 pound female cop at the train station the other day. Not a security guard. A cop... like she is going to be hunting anyone down or chasing them? She belongs in a car at least...

and no, ttwarrior, I didn't get her number for you

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

bronxer did it

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

We are winning

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

NYPD well known to have a lot of shitheads

State Police are pretty good in my area.....Some town and city police are jokers, depending on the requirements

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Fuk
    Last edited by InTheDrink; 08-26-12 at 04:50 AM.

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

BOYS THE POLICE FIRED 16 SHOTS AT A WHITE GUY COULD YOU IMAGINE HOW MANY MORE ROUNDS WOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED IF HE WAS A NIGERIAN

IF THIS GUY HAD BEEN BLACK THE OFFICERS WOULD HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH DEADLY FORCE GOOD THING THIS GUY WAS WHITE

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

You've got to be kidding me. 9 shot by police fire, thank god no one was killed.