Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    Looks like Tully actually does have his head, not-twisted? So how in the world does he get these crazy ideas about American politics?
    I may have to be more kind to Tully. I am looking "halfway" on booting the not so grand ol' USA. If I moved to Mexico alongside Tully, would I be a candidate for beheading? I am retired, and am one hairy white man.
    On Sept. 9th I'll have been here five years. The only "gringos" I know of that have been a victim of any violence are two gay men who went to clubs and picked up some young hot stud and took them home only to be beaten and robbed. One survived and the other they found buried in his backyard. The other was a lady about 70 (complete bitch) who decided she wasn't going to pay for some remodel work she'd just had done. After three changes to the job she still wasn't happy with the work so she thought "i just won't pay." I think she thought wrong because neighbors found her nearly beaten to death and she was missing about what she owned the contractor. She survived but I'm sure she'll never walk completely up right again.

As far as politics goes- you're more socially conservative and/or religious then I am. If you take that out of the equation (if that's possible) I think you'd find we both believe both sides are completely full of crap.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Well, so much for security devices. What's the law on blasting someone who home invades?

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Tully:
    I'm about as religious has an old brown shoe.
    My theory on politics is based 95% on one thing. Do I trust the candidate? Is he of sound quality and character, like compassionate, truthful, and believable.

I do not see Obama as that man! Biden is a clown and not of sound mind. Romney seems wholesome enough. Ryan is a serious, dedicated man, I believe? So, no-brainer this time around. Obama must go to try a fresher approach to hopefully mend our suicidal problems. He's had his chance!
    In the past, are you kidding me for the last 25 years, the Demo candidates have stunk. Only Carter was trustworthy in my opinion, and he didn't seem to be very bright. Kerry seemed not bad, but as stiff as cardboard. I do not forgive liars and cheats, especially in government.
    You know who that covers. Gore was the least impressive candidate I've ever seen. yeah, Bush probably wasn't much better, but character counted with him, on my part.

That's my brief observation of political history in the last 25 years.

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Well, so much for security devices. What's the law on blasting someone who home invades?
    In all honesty the "law' is likely in on the theft. Police here make jack shit and will take pay offs to be look outs for thieves. I had a burglary a while back, dogs chased them off so they didn't get a chance to clean me out. I called the police (needed a report so my ins. would repay me for the loss) while the police were in my house my Maui Jim sunglasses and a small pair of Bose speakers I use to take out to the pool disappeared. Was only me, the cops and my dogs in the house and I haven't noticed my dogs wearing sunglasses or rocking out to my Bose speakers so I'm pretty sure the police were doing more stealing then investigating. Most of the ex-pats I know joke about "CSI-Yucatan."

The police here are a joke and I know of at least 7 couples who moved here bought houses and were headed back stateside within 1-2 years. Of those many moved because they had problems with the police. Others moved because of the heat or they just could not adjust to the culture. If you're thinking of moving to another country with a completely different culture I suggest renting short term to see if you like it before going all in. I've had countless culture shock moments. No place is prefect. But here when you call for something, say your phone is out, you're probably going to be told "manana." In my translator "manana" translates to tomorrow. Not here. Here "manana" means some day other then today. it most certainly doe not mean "tomorrow." I was here for almost a year and my land line stopped working which means my internet was down. I called and went down to the phone company. Repeatedly I was told "manana." Took 3 weeks before anyone came out and even then they didn't resolve the problem completely. I now have internet via cable and my only phone is my iPhone.

You can either roll with these issues and not let them get to you or you move home. Myself I've gotten very used to these things and have made good friends with the regional police chief. So anytime I have a problem with the police, in the state of Yucatan, I call him and my problem goes away. That's not the case in Cancun which in the the state of Q. Roo. There I'm on my own but speak enough Spanish now that I rarely have any serious problems.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Nice thorough report about living in a foreign country. I am already getting nervous about any move. Back to the Canadian forests with those other hairy bears, maybe?

tad0matic
    tad0matic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2027

but i thought obama killed osama?

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Ok, not jealous anymore.

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    Tully:
    I'm about as religious has an old brown shoe.
    My theory on politics is based 95% on one thing. Do I trust the candidate? Is he of sound quality and character, like compassionate, truthful, and believable.

I do not see Obama as that man! Biden is a clown and not of sound mind. Romney seems wholesome enough. Ryan is a serious, dedicated man, I believe? So, no-brainer this time around. Obama must go to try a fresher approach to hopefully mend our suicidal problems. He's had his chance!
    In the past, are you kidding me for the last 25 years, the Demo candidates have stunk. Only Carter was trustworthy in my opinion, and he didn't seem to be very bright. Kerry seemed not bad, but as stiff as cardboard. I do not forgive liars and cheats, especially in government.
    You know who that covers. Gore was the least impressive candidate I've ever seen. yeah, Bush probably wasn't much better, but character counted with him, on my part.

That's my brief observation of political history in the last 25 years.
    Somehow I got the impression you were more religious and socially conservative. I think I got there from your comments about Clinton and Kennedy being unfaithful. Guess that goes to show you how much you can get to "know" someone through an internet forum.

I'm not at all thrilled with Obama and don't see myself voting for him. But my 401k lost a lot during the last 6 months of Bush Jr. and almost all of it's come back under Obama. Same with the value of the properties I own, their values tanked as Bush walked out the door and are now coming back. But he's not done many of the tings he said he'd do. Some I think he has no control over, he can't make the GOP work with him and I believe he has tried. The GOP leaders in congress have jack shit to help out the country. Most of the stuff they've done is just for political show. They've voted countless times to end the ACA or defund all while knowing there's no chance of it passing in the Senate. They might as well go back to voting on changing dining room menu items like "freedom fries" and "Freedom toast." Would be just as much a useful use of their time.

I don't like Romney either. Well actually I do sometimes, but he keeps changing his position of stuff. He won't give any details on how he's going to resolve the budget but has said he'll increase DOD funding, put 700 billion back in Medicare, cut taxes and lower the debt/deficit. He won't say how he's going to do any of that and I fail to see how that's mathematically possible so I just assume he's full of shit. Ryan's claimed to be a deficit hawk but he voted for the wars, the auto bail out, the bank bail out and requested pork for his state. So to me he's just another politician doing one thing while saying another.

In the end I think I'll vote Johnson. Doesn't really matter since my vote counts at my last US address which was in Houston. No way Texas is not going for Romney.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

CIA bastards whacked that marine.

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    CIA bastards whacked that marine.
    He's not dead and SEALS are Navy.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S