TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

What Are The Weirdest Diets To Working Out Patterns You've Heard Or Witnessed?

I know this one fella at the gym. Nicest guy around. He does 45 minutes on the stair climber machine... sweats like a beast... always in the gym 4 out of 7 days... but never loses weight? Big guy... around 250. But loves his cardio and the way he sweats. Puddles everywhere around the machine... just like a small rain cloud came by and rained all over the machine. I asked him one day... you're always on this machine??? For the last 4 months I've seen you... You haven't really lost your pot belly?? He laughs and goes... I know! And smiles... I drink a lot. I usually sit down and drink 14-20 beers Friday-Sunday and those are my days to be me! I figure... if I don't do 45 minutes of cardio... it will eventually catch up to me... and I'll be fatter! He's 48 years old. Young looking 48 by the way. To me... that's just a little odd? I don't get it.

Another guy who's 70 years old tans at my salon. He runs 5 miles a day 6 out of 7 days. Great shape for an old man. I will give him credit. But I noticed him going to a pizza place in my strip mall and grabbing a pizza. I said... is that for you? He goes... yes... it's for me. And starts laughing... then I said... but you run 5 miles a day?? Why load yourself up with all that dough, cheese, and butter? I said... how many do you eat a month you think? He said... probably 8 Larges or so?

Personally... I don't get it? What are the weirdest diets to working out stories that you've heard??? To me... when I'm on a diet... I go all in... I don't understand why people do what they do?? Seems like a waste of time?

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

im getting ready to walk for an hour and play tennis for an hour and i just ate a large pizza, Who says people do cardio to lose weight?

id be 420 instead of 317 if i didn't do the cardio

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

i workout to maintain my 190lbs. i eat ok, but definitely treat myself to things i like. if i didnt workout as hard as i do, i would probably be 225lbs.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i know a guy that eats real healthy and workout daily but smokes a pack a day...

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I know this one fella at the gym. Nicest guy around. He does 45 minutes on the stair climber machine... sweats like a beast... always in the gym 4 out of 7 days... but never loses weight? Big guy... around 250. But loves his cardio and the way he sweats. Puddles everywhere around the machine... just like a small rain cloud came by and rained all over the machine. I asked him one day... you're always on this machine??? For the last 4 months I've seen you... You haven't really lost your pot belly?? He laughs and goes... I know! And smiles... I drink a lot. I usually sit down and drink 14-20 beers Friday-Sunday and those are my days to be me! I figure... if I don't do 45 minutes of cardio... it will eventually catch up to me... and I'll be fatter! He's 48 years old. Young looking 48 by the way. To me... that's just a little odd? I don't get it.

Another guy who's 70 years old tans at my salon. He runs 5 miles a day 6 out of 7 days. Great shape for an old man. I will give him credit. But I noticed him going to a pizza place in my strip mall and grabbing a pizza. I said... is that for you? He goes... yes... it's for me. And starts laughing... then I said... but you run 5 miles a day?? Why load yourself up with all that dough, cheese, and butter? I said... how many do you eat a month you think? He said... probably 8 Larges or so?

Personally... I don't get it? What are the weirdest diets to working out stories that you've heard??? To me... when I'm on a diet... I go all in... I don't understand why people do what they do?? Seems like a waste of time?
    not everyone wants to eat like a chick

i run 3 miles 4+ times a week but i think it's pretty well known that i drink my fair share (and dont eat like a chick) so im fit but not as fit as i could be....am i supposed to be training for the fukkin olympics?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Used to eat 4 jr. bacon cheeseburgers after every workout for like a year with a buddy of mine. lol

I still eat whatever I want but mostly natural foods like home made tacos and I'll eat 8 of them.

Only do cardio for other health benefits not to lose weight.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    not everyone wants to eat like a chick

i run 3 miles 4+ times a week but i think it's pretty well known that i drink my fair share (and dont eat like a chick) so im fit but not as fit as i could be....am i supposed to be training for the fukkin olympics?
    Never said you had to eat like a chick? Eating like a chick means... smoking cigs and drinking water 24/7 LOL my point is... if you run 5 miles a day and then have a nice BK QUAD for dinner... the next time you run... you might be face down in the street.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Just ran a 800m jog to see if I could even last...4:xx

Long way to go to WR. lol

I suck at endurance.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Never said you had to eat like a chick? Eating like a chick means... smoking cigs and drinking water 24/7 LOL my point is... if you run 5 miles a day and then have a nice BK QUAD for dinner... the next time you run... you might be face down in the street.
    yeah but eating reasonably healthy and dieting are two completely different things....i mostly stay away from burgers unless i make 93% lean burgers but ill crush some wings and nachos in a second...ill have a few salads during the week and try to watch my portions but nothing crazy

soda was the best thing i ever kicked....lost ten lbs quickly after i kicked my two cokes a day

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I get what you're saying, but some people just like working out.....Actually makes you feel better and keeps you more healthy than just sitting on the coach every day

I'm like you though.....I go all in if I'm really working out hard to lose fat. It bothers me to workout really hard and then ruin it with a shit diet. I enjoy eating healthy though.....it's just the portion sizes and actual amou t of food that's tough for me. I could eat all day if I wanted to

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1476

hilarious thread....inthedrink said it best. As long as you are in ok shape and like the way you look why not treat yourself to some pizza and beers when you feel like it.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1476

if you are so worried about your appearance you might as well just do the christian bale diet of half an avocado in the morning and half an avocado at night and you will lose that beer belly