Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Where did you/would you go on a honeymoon?

Getting hitched this upcoming spring, don't know where to go. Money is not much of an object, but prolly only have 10nights or so.

Have thought about Australia (out b/c of 10 nights)
    Hawaii (maybe w/ stop in LV)
    French PPolynesia

Ideas?

Rock's House
    Rock's House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where u from?

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

East Coast, NYC. So Caribbean is kinda out, we can go there often.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Did the whole Mexico thing. Fiji?

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

We had a great time in Costa Rica. Lots to do, very diverse trip.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

tierra del fuego
    tahaiti

Rock's House
    Rock's House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    We had a great time in Costa Rica. Lots to do, very diverse trip.
    2nd this...Lots to do and a very neat place. Split the trip up in different areas.

jbrent95
    jbrent95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1450

Costa Rica is nice, but getting to be very commercial.

LarrysKid
    LarrysKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1479

We went on a cruise with multiple stops in Mexico. It was a pretty good time overall. We went to a shrimp fest in Mazatlan and a clam bake in Laredo, both were delicious and fun. It was nice to go to multiple destinations without having to pack up our stuff every other day. It can start to feel a little crowded after a bit so if you're claustrophobic I wouldn't recommend it. If it sounds fun to you I would say ensure you get a room with a veranda so you don't have to walk through the ship to get some fresh air. Obviously living on the east coast I would say go with a Caribbean cruise to cut down the travel time to get to your port of departure.

If Hawaii really interests you I would highly recommend it. I have only been to Maui which was beautiful and not a complete tourist trap like you would find in Oahu. I did a bike ride with my brother descending the volcano Haleakala. That was hands down one of the top ten experiences of my life. The ride goes from the very top all the way down to the beach where we chilled out for about half an hour while the guides pack up the equipment. The ride is known to be a bit dangerous but the roads are well paved so I think that may be due to peoples lack of ability on a bicycle. It is basically a slow cruise downhill nearly the whole way. You can go with a company that will provide the bicycles, transportation to and from your hotel/condo, and possibly include a breakfast. If you go in the early morning you can watch the sunrise over the crater of the volcano which is cool but there is about 200 other people there so that can ruin the moment. If you enjoy scenic views this would be the perfect activity but beware of which company you use, some of them do not have permission to go all the way to the top of the volcano which is 10,000 feet above sea level. It cost about $75 and we were picked up around 3am and dropped off at around 1 or 2pm. There are also afternoon rides so you can sleep in which is exactly what you want on your honeymoon. When I go back I will do it again at least 2 times. Also the sushi was awesome as was most of the other food. Not a lot of night life though so if you are into bars and clubs one of the other islands might be more suitable. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

we ran away to Vegas and got married so that's where we stayed.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Ireland, stay in a castle. Bounce over to Am'dam smoke some hash.