opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeChip View Post
    This isn't true at all. You need to check the law before commenting on this. Civil unions are not even close to the same thing as marriage. Read the fine print concerning legality, federal tax laws, benefits, etc... If the term marriage is a religious word, it has no place in American law, yet the law uses the word, thereby dissolving it's religious meaning when applied to the American legal system as this country is a "Democracy" free of religious influence. If anything, catholics/christians should be up in arms about the use of "their word" by the American government. Saying unions are the same as marriages is like saying you believed in "separate, but equal"...
    "Like saying you believed in separate, but equal".

Please. That's a ridiculous comparison, which should be insulting to our black posters.

Homos make up less than 1% of our population. Sorry, but their struggles aren't quite on the same level as the blacks of the 1960's.

I love the way liberals always try to amp up the drama when it comes to silliness like this.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post

Please. That's a ridiculous comparison, which should be insulting to our black posters.

Homos make up less than 1% of our population. Sorry, but their struggles aren't quite on the same level as the blacks of the 1960's.

I love the way liberals always try to amp up the drama when it comes to silliness like this.
    No idea where you're getting less than 1% from, buttttt you're way off.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

[IMG][/IMG]

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

This is a sports betting forum full of gamblers. There shouldn't be anybody who likes gay people around here.

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    That's hot.

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...
    CallMeChip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post

Actually, it's a perfectly logical comparison. You have a minority of the population not being accepted or given equal right by the majority for the simple reason that they are different. Saying unions and marriages are the same, is just like saying a white water fountain and a black water fountain spew the same water, they're just located in different places. Both are ways of alienating the minority group to feel inferior. How is that not a logical comparison?

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16297

Im So tired of this crap who the hell cares if Chick fill a is against gay marriage or not to me it is so a non issue there are so many other things people should be caring about then the gays and if a stupid lousy fast food joint is against something.Chick fil a is a place that sells stupid fatning chicken sandwiches.People here in Iowa stood in line for hours to get a dumb sandwich.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

great for business huh. Here we have these so called business owners trying to explain to me that this comment was great for business but now this guy who owns this franchise has to find someone to take this message off of his business at his expense. I don't wanna hear about what losers painted this on this fellas business. The bottom line and the point i was making is that what this guy at the top has said, will hurt guys who bought into his franchise, when they had nothing to do about it. How anyone can think this was great for business because they share the same beliefs know nothing about business.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post
    Im So tired of this crap who the hell cares if Chick fill a is against gay marriage or not to me it is so a non issue there are so many other things people should be caring about then the gays and if a stupid lousy fast food joint is against something.Chick fil a is a place that sells stupid fatning chicken sandwiches.People here in Iowa stood in line for hours to get a dumb sandwich.
    So because it's a non-issue to you, it should be a non-issue to the rest of us?

You get to dictate what people "should" be caring about?

You undoubtedly voted for "dubya" twice.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

America: where eating at a fast food joint is considered social activism
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: antifoil

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post
    Nailed it.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Stupid homosexuals are carrying signs saying "We Win."
    Win? What did they win?

Chik-fil-a had record sales

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeChip View Post
    Actually, it's a perfectly logical comparison. You have a minority of the population not being accepted or given equal right by the majority for the simple reason that they are different. Saying unions and marriages are the same, is just like saying a white water fountain and a black water fountain spew the same water, they're just located in different places. Both are ways of alienating the minority group to feel inferior. How is that not a logical comparison?
    awful and not even close

for starters have you ever heard of a black who was "in the closet"?

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16297

No i dont vote because i hate politics.Yes it is a non issue.So you Got me.
    Last edited by mcaulay777; 08-05-12 at 10:39 AM.

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...
    CallMeChip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    awful and not even close

for starters have you ever heard of a black who was "in the closet"?
    Please explain. What would being in or out of the closet have to do with this topic? I'm just highlighting the fact that there is a minority of the population who wants equal rights and are not being afforded those rights for no logical reason other than bigotry. That was exactly the case during the Civil Rights era. Obviously African Americans had a much more intense struggle than gay people do today, I never argued or diminished that point, but the solution to the issue isn't based on merit. It's based on whether they have equal rights or not, and currently without the legal ability to get married, they do not have equal rights.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

Never eaten there, what do people recommend trying

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Quote Originally Posted by cankid View Post
    Never eaten there, what do people recommend trying
    Chicken sandwich

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

nothing funnier than people standing in line for an hour for fast food. we only have an finite amount of time to live and spending that much time for chicken is hilarious.

smart people just go the next day. that is a life pro tip right there.

Pluthero
    Pluthero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

What's sad is that only two posters in this thread even have a clue as to what this whole fracas is about. Had the mayor of Boston (don't know his name) and Rahm Emanuel not attempted to violate the first amendment none of this would have made the news.
    This isn't about Cathy's stance; it's about attempted oppression.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Boston Mayor is Thomas Menino...wonder if he is fruit like his buddy Barney!

First ... 5678