BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

(torn meniscus any information)

BOYS I CALLED MY DOCTOR AND I CANT GET AN APPONTMENT UNTIL AUGUST 8TH TO HAVE MY KNEEE CHECKED.I HAVE TALKED TO A FEW PEOPLE THAT HAVE HAD A TORN MENISCUS AND I DESCRIBED WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH AND IT SOUNDS LIKE THAT MIGHT BE MY PROBLEM HAS ANYBODY IN THE FORUM EVER HAD A TORN MENISCUS AND WHATS THE OUTCOME GOOD OR BAD.

I HAVENT PLAYED GOLF IN 3 WEEKS MY DOCTOR TOLD ME TO REST AND PUT ICE ON MY LEG BUT WHAT THE F-CK I STILL HAVE WORK TO DO ON MY APARTMENTS I JUST CANT SIT AT HOME AND REST ALL DAY LONG.

THE PAIN IS ON THE LEFT KNEW RIGHT ON THE INSIDE ABOUT A HALF INCH AWAY FROM THE KNEEE CAP I CAN PUSH IN ON IT AND FEEL THE PAIN WOW I NEVER THOUGHT SOMETHING LIKE THIS WAS GOING TO SLOW ME DOWN

WHAT THE F-CK AM I GOING TO DO UNTIL AUGUST 8TH I CANT TAKE MY 2 MILE WALKS AROUND JAMAICA POND,I CANT PLAY GOLF,I GUESS I CAN GO SWIMMING.

I NEED SOME DETAILS ABOUT TORN MENISCUS BOYS WHO HAS HAD ONE AND WHATS THE PAIN LEVEL AND ALSO WHATS THE SUCCESS RATE

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I had one, shi* didn't touch me. I continued to play basketball, golf, and workout. Don't be a pussy

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rehab the fukk out of that Jimmy. Start with bike riding, power walking and move to light resistance stuff. Some aching and slight swelling is normal. Sharp pain, joint weakness or instability, feeling of heat to the touch in the affected area means you are doing further damage. Keep the muthefukker wrapped or braced if it is swollen and unstable.

Don't let them carve you if you can avoid it pal. Once they start they never stop. Keep the muscles around the joint as strong as you can, lose weight and avoid cutting and twisting movements and sports that require them. Keep a full range of motion, once you start to not be able to extend or bend that knee you are completely fukked. If it swells a bit do the following. Not to be confused with Chinese food.

Rest
    Ice
    Compression
    Elevation

Good luck to you pal.

Voice of reason and experience here.
    Last edited by billysink; 07-28-12 at 06:37 AM.

billysink

Fukkin golf is out of the question. Currently on the DL myself Jimmy. I am fukked right now without golf.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

You need an MRI of you knee. The MRI will show if you have something that needs surgical intervention or just physical therapy and anti-inflammatory drugs.

In the meantime, RICE and NSAID's with food (if you do not have stomach ulcer/bleeding problems).

Doc
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Lou

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jimmy you fukkin pussy, your getting old now

Wrap it up Jimmy and go to the fukkin track

common

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    You need an MRI of you knee. The MRI will show if you have something that needs surgical intervention or just physical therapy and anti-inflammatory drugs.

In the meantime, RICE and NSAID's with food (if you do not have stomach ulcer/bleeding problems) or drink like a fukkin fish cause you will get them quick.

Doc
    fixed it for you Doc

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

A blown knee wouldn't stop Yuri from doing his daily tasks.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

gotta sue those prick doctors

let me now if you need a good lawyer JEEM

grekos
    grekos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13316

I had one Jim.Your symptoms were the exact same as mine.You need to get an MRI then set up the arthoscopy.Don't get xray it's a waste of money and time.The surgery lasts 1 hour.You'll be walking in aday. Pain in nothing.Golfing in 2to 3 weeks.

stig99
    stig99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

easy test to see if its a torn miniscus...... with your feet a shoulder length apart do a deep squat if you raise your heel thats what you have

if your foot remains flat could possible be an mcl injury ... to check for that you need help
    here a vid

warning you have to let the leg be totally relaxed and if it is torn ouch! may actually hear poping sounds too

goodluck with this

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i have torn meniscus in both of my knees. unless you are a professional athlete just live with it. you'll feel the discomfort but man up pal.