Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

PEARL JAM Guitarist Finds Singer For Unfinished MAD SEASON Tracks

The Pulse Of Radio reports that PEARL JAM guitarist Mike McCready has found a singer to record the vocals for roughly an album's worth of unfinished songs by MAD SEASON, the mid-'90s Seattle supergroup featuring McCready, ALICE IN CHAINS frontman Layne Staley and SCREAMING TREES drummer Barrett Martin. According to Guerilla Candy, that vocalist is Mark Lanegan, who was the singer for the TREES and has also spent time with QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE. It is not clear whether Lanegan will record vocals for all the songs or if McCready will bring in other guest vocalists as well.

Martin himself broke the news. Lanegan co-wrote two songs on MAD SEASON's only album, "Above", and contributed vocals to a track called "Long Gone Day".

McCready said a few months back that MAD SEASON could be making a semi-return later this year. He plans to reissue "Above", and also revealed the existence of the unreleased material, which was demoed but never completed.

MAD SEASON's sole album, "Above", was certified gold for sales of half a million copies and yielded two Top 20 modern rock singles, "River Of Deceit" and "I Don't Know Anything".

The group officially dissolved in 1999 following the death of bassist John Baker Saunders. Staley died three years later in 2002.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

IMagine the fukkin drug binges these guys went on

Two dead guys and mccready was pretty fukkin close himself

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    IMagine the fukkin drug binges these guys went on

Two dead guys and mccready was pretty fukkin close himself
    was McCready a drug guy?? i just thought he self medicated because of his chrone's

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

They should just use the replacement guy from "Journey" who got found on Youtube.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

H and booze

We had a lot of meetings where they would say, 'Hey Mike, you're getting way too ****** up.' But we're all really good friends and we love each other and I think they actually thought I was going to die, but they never took steps to kick me out of the band, which I can't believe because I ****** up so many times. I was drunk and making an ass out of myself and they were concerned about it....I'd clean up for a little while then I'd fall off the wagon, like addicts do....When everything blew up, everybody kind of lost their minds....I was clean for about a month...well, semi-clean; I can't bullshit about that...but I fell off the wagon after the Kurt Cobain thing. That ****** with everybody really hard. I mean, how do you get to that point of depression where suicide's the only way out?[27]